Cybernetika - Solar Nexus [EKTLP14]

cybernetika-solar-nexus-600x600.jpg

01 - Artificial Bloodline (80 BPM)
02 - Neuronal Interface (178 BPM)
03 - Distress Beacon (177 BPM)
04 - Monolithic (179 BPM)
05 - Bio-Magnetic Tunnel Transport (179 BPM)
06 - Stinger (178 BPM)
07 - Sol Nexus (160 BPM)
08 - Constellations (179 BPM)
09 - The Outcast Of Deadspace (150 BPM)

Cybernetika makes a triumphant return to Ektoplazm with Solar Nexus, the long-awaited follow-up to Colossus, released nearly three years ago. In that time Cybernetika has been working hard to further refine his ground-breaking fusion of psychedelic trance and drum ‘n bass, uniting these disparate genres under the aegis of far-future science fiction storytelling.

Download it direct from Ektoplazm in MP3, FLAC, or WAV:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/cybernetika-solar-nexus

• Like 2

I just LOVE the story of this album :

In the dark and barren outer reaches of the universe a small group of genetically modified humans made this hostile region their home. Forgotten by most of human civilization, they developed a wealthy and peaceful society. Nine hundred years after last contact they suddenly appeared out of nowhere with technologies far more advanced than we could ever imagine in our wildest dreams. How could such a small group of a few hundred mutants get so far ahead of us? Would it be possible for us to benefit from their knowledge? The answer is both terrifying and promising: yes, it is possible, by connecting human minds in a galaxy-wide overmind, powered by the energy of a billion suns—the Solar Nexus.

Awesome sound ! Incredible universe and personality ! 5/5 !!

• Like 1

The dnb / breaks style I generally find distracting from the amazing work around it. The ethereal backdrops, orchestral elements, ambient and atmosphere would breath and emote so much more with a downtempo approach, one without dnb/breaks IMO.

I love the Sci-Fi and PSY influence as usual. The ambient, soundscapes, melodies, FX, atmosphere, transitions, the overall production and mixing is terrific. Well done. I prefer more variety in beat, like the eighth minute of Bio-Magnetic Tunnel Transport, and The Outcast Of Deadspace. I love the pure ambient segments too. The level of intricacy here is infectious!

I realize drum n' bass / breaks is a like it or not thing. I simply find this artist's visions too powerful to overwhelm it in repetitive dnb progressions. It takes away from the immersive ingredients I feel. I love this artist's work around it -- on EVERY album with DnB, breaks. I often tune out the DnB to some degree to better enjoy the provocative melody + sound and atmospheric work. I would love more variety in the beat. Everything else is so varied and fantastic to me. This artist's Sci-Fi visions are amazing. That said, if you like DnB you'll like this album ALOT.

It's nice to see this artist back with another imaginative work of art. The cover's very cool. The story here would make a great film too. I agree.

It's got a similar sound to Colossus, but a bit more aggressive in the drums. I found the bass to be kind of a wash of low frequencies, not really an upfront bassline. But I only listened to it in my car today, so I'll have to get another opinion on some other system.