Why is the forum inactive again?

radi6404

So the last months when I wasn´t here, the forum was very active. Now I have more time and open new threads and they don´t get many posts. Also many other threads recieve one or two posts a day, which is very bad for the main psytrance forum. What is going on again, are you people really that tired to discuss goa trance and psytrance anymore? Why is there a forum anyway, if you are so tired? This page could be turned into a notification page where new festivals are presented. A forum is just a waste of ressources, since people here are not able to appreciate what a wonderufl place this is, where we can discuss the music we love and talk about interesting stories in the offtopic thread. Instead, the interesting threads (not only by me, but generally the more complex topics) don´t recieve many answers, neither in the General section, nor in the offtopic section. It was better the last months but now since I have arrived here again, it is pretty bad again. Maybe you people are really tired of discussing old- and newschool goa just because you listened to it many times. I on the other hand am not tired, because even today we have discused less than 20 percent of oldscholl goa, newschool goa not even mentioned. I guess I will recieve negative feedback again, but in my opnion people should take their time and not only post in the easy topcis, they should also post in the tougher topics, the interesting ones.

cuz it's boring to discuss same again and again and again. We live in what some call "the democratization of music production by technology".. everyone with a PC and some music background can produce it's own tracks today and as a result of that we a HUGE amount of artists, with an unbelievable amount of creative output....

... but all you can read here is "Goa, Astral Projection, Hallucinogen and Filteria" .. BOOORING!

I do not even open topics that contain certain keywords, already know that I already know what's posted there.

The fact that today many people can produce music doesn´t mean that there is a lot of creative output. There are for sure talented artists, included by Suntrip for example, but to produce music, it isn´t enough to have a fast computer and a fully packed music studio. It is a long way to go until someone can produce really good music and it takes time and talent. This is why there is not a lot of similar stuff out there to the old artists, because the level of creativity is ahrd to reach even when the computer makes it easy to produce music. But if you know great tracks from unkonw artists, you can open topics and tell me, so I can check it out and enrich my music knowledge.

The fact that today many people can produce music doesn´t mean that there is a lot of creative output. There are for sure talented artists, included by Suntrip for example, but to produce music, it isn´t enough to have a fast computer and a fully packed music studio. It is a long way to go until someone can produce really good music and it takes time and talent. This is why there is not a lot of similar stuff out there to the old artists, because the level of creativity is ahrd to reach even when the computer makes it easy to produce music.

I completely disagree with that.

Ofc you need learn to how do it right, it's not like pushing the "make music" button on the synth. But it isn't difficult neither, especially if you skip the sound design/synthesize phase and stick with arranging WAVs' form the new OmgROFLMonsterPsy sample pack.

But that was not my point.. my point was that about half of my current top 10 tracks are coming from guys that do it out of fun. They are not even interested on releasing something, so you won't find them on suntrip or some other lable. They create music to express themselves, have fun while doing it and maybe play it live on some local parties - but you won't be able to buy a CD or download an album.

Completely different world / scene I'm taking about.. if you start digging into it you will notice soon that the difference between a popular artist and an underground-artist is not the higher level of creativity / quality.. but the only difference is that the first one is popular, while the second one gives a sh*t about becoming popular.

The "underground" scene is growing dramatically since a couple of years because of that democratization ding, with amazing talents all over, which is completely ignored in this forums / your posts. That's why I'm "inactive".. cuz I'm bored reading about artist / styles I already know

Just in case you haven't noticed: summer started and lots of people prefere doing other things than being online all day.

• Like 1

I think that the forum lacks some variety.

We'll always need redundant topics about Trance music, but maybe that new concepts (more Non-music areas) would refresh our beloved foruù.

Like what?

We'll always need redundant topics about Trance music, but maybe that new concepts (more Non-music areas) would refresh our beloved foruù.

It doesn´t, people just have to be creative about new topics and we would be able to talk about interesting stuff every day. For example how about discussing more unknown artists like Digital Sun, Hunab Ku and many others. How about sharing some unknown tracks like many of us have, that are old or newschool and not known to anyone of us. Today for example I will load up some unknown tracks that I have never listened on the internet and only have as cd. Cross your fingers since those tracks are as good as Astral Projection classics.

we have the offtopic area for all kinds of such topics. but he most active thread in there is the seventh instance of "why is the forum inactive again"...

these days we have temperatures over 30 degrees for the first time in this year over here, so i'm obviously spending a most of my spare time outside instead of in front of a computer.

Radi can I be honest with you and ask you a serious question?

Let's say I can.

Seriously, do you jerk-off on Astral Projection?

For Christ sake dude, stop mentioning them on each topic. It's annoying. I almost stopped listening to them because of you. I wonder how you didn't mention them in dog barking topic and how it reminds you on melancholic atmosphere of Liquid Sun. What is creative about exchanging the opinion about certain project/group? At least it's not something creative to me. Especially if we got gazillion topics about your favorite projects or even about your latest discoveries (which are disscussed earlier, probably).

I don't have anything against you, I don't even know you, but your over the top bitching about so-called inactivity on Psynews is an act of disrespect towards the people who got something that is called real-life, and perhaps they don't want to spend their (precious) time on Psynews pleasing your sado-mazohistic appetite to disscuss each thing you're posting here. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Because ppl have better things to do with their lives. If it was the European summer here with its festivals & the ease to travel to other countries I'd have bundled up my kid n wife & headed off forgetting this place for sure.

As it is it's freezing cold (at least not so rainy) here so not much to do except sit online and be happy.

in my opnion people should take their time and not only post in the easy topcis, they should also post in the tougher topics, the interesting ones.

Maybe you should rethink that opinion. I assume you hardly know 99% of the people posting here, therefor you cannot know what they should or should not do. They know their lifes and what they feel like doing or not doing and what they really should do. You cannot know this. I know you'd appreciate a more active forum, especially more interaction with you, but you will never succeed in encouraging people to do what you'd like them to do here, because you don't really know them and they don't really know you. You are annoying people with repeatedly asking them to do something they do not want to do.

A forum is just a waste of ressources, since people here are not able to appreciate what a wonderufl place this is [...]

Obviously, you are the one who is not happy with the way this community ticks, trying to encourage people to change their posting habits... Don't you think that those who are able to use this forum in a way that suits them, without complaining, are able to appreciate what a wonderful place this is? I know you think it would be more wonderful if people were more active in the forum - but this is only an opinion and it seems there's hardly anyone here who agrees with you.

• Like 1

It is very funny for me how some of the users here balme me and don´t think that maybe they should change a bit. If I compare this forum with many computerforums, than there is no comparison at all. The ammount of posts in one da is more than here in one month, and many users are there for a long time. If they are not outside, they post a lot. In many other forums the community has grown together and people try to get more and more posts. Here this isn´t the case. It is fine with me when there is no t a lot of interest in posting here, but it is not fine that new topics aren´t answered. Is this a community or is this a blog where people post when they need to?

Just in case you haven't noticed: summer started and lots of people prefere doing other things than being online all day.

I did notice it a long time ago and I don´t spend all day infront of the computer. But when people are online, they could post more so real discussions could evolve.

I think it's fine.

The actual problem probably is that users see a lot of your exact same threads every week so just think why bother. Specially lurkers who don't post.

Why the fuck would they bother to post in your 500th astral projection melancholic (lol) track thread.

Give me a freaking break man and indeet maybe write something new and constructive.

You will notice threads that are interesting get replies, ones that don't, won't. Ever.

When you read Astral Projection, it doesn´t mean it is the same topic. Also the threads are not about Astral Projection, but about many other artists. Anyway, you seem to label me down just because I post about these artists. If you are really so simple that you judge people people low if they popst often about music they like, than you are much more simple than I thought. Earlier you apperaed nicer, but in the last months I didn´t like your commends a lot, especially your unneccesary blames because I post about music I like. If I can´t talk about that music here, where should I be able to talk about it. Just because it was discussed, dowsn´t mean it can´t be discussed again. You don´t only once talk about a certain topic with your friends or family, do you?

It doesn´t, people just have to be creative about new topics and we would be able to talk about interesting stuff every day.

This from the guy who has posted the same things for years. :rolleyes:

Even this thread is a repeat of your own past threads.

• Like 2