Astral Projection - Underrated tracks

radi6404

So when we talk about Astral Projection, only some tracks are mentioned and praised, while others are dismissed and not talked about a lot. It is always Gancing Galaxy and the other tracks of that album, Kabalah, People Can Fly, Another World, Searching for UFOs, Visions of Nasca, Aqualine Spirit and Life on Mars. Many other tracks however are dismissed and people don´t talk about them, while I find that there are many other Astral Projection tracks that are impressive and I don´t know if anyone else except me has talked about them in the past. Let´s list some tracks and other users can list others, if they want.

My list contains

The Feelings

that is such an impressive track and has a very uplifting atmosphere and hypnotic sound. For me it really sounds like Astral Projection and is more geniune in sound than many other Astral Projection tracks. It has two main melodies and both of the melodies are iimpressive and incredible. For me the melodies sound positive and euphoric. I connect a lot with this track and have listened to it many years every day. It is one of the best Astral Projection songs and I am really wondering why noone has been talking about it in the past.

Virtual Booster

This is another great track and dismissed by many people. It is very active in sound and sounds like other tracks from that period. It has a great melody and the same sounds as 10 minutes to sunset, 12 000 suns and other tracks of In the Mix and Unmixed. It reminds me of Flying into a Star aswell. It is yet another track that is underrated altough it is very good in my opinion.

Cosmic Accension Remix

This one is another incredible Astral Projection track and at least as good as the original. The charmony of the sounds playing is great, since they included many sounds in this track and managed to keep them in charmony. The track doesn´t sound crowded or anything like that but charmonious despite of the many leads plying simultaniously. In my opinion this is also an underrated track and should have been mentioned more in the past.

Mahadeva 99

This is an impresive remix of the original Mahadeva and as good as the original in my opinion. It is not as euphoric and positive as the original Mahadeva, but a bit more melancholic and not as fast as the original. The fresh atmosphere of Another World and the soft melody leads can almost make me cry at times. It is positive yet melancholic and very deep in sound. When I listen to this track, I think I am in a very big city with big mountains nearby and many modern buildings and snow. Or I think I am at a place similar to the coverphoto of Anotherworld. They managed to draw a very accurate cover that fits the music very well. Still, Mahadeva 99 is not a track that is talked about often and I think it is underrated. In my opinion it is one of the best tracks by Astral Projection.

What do you think about those tracks and other underrated tracks by Astral Projection.

One of the best dark goa tracks ever.

e: UPS! Sorry. On Radi-terms it seems to be one of the popular ones... I'll get my coat. :rolleyes:

Yes, it gets mentioned frequently so it is one of the popular ones. However I like that you define it as dark goa. Others probably wouldn´t call it dark or would call it euphoric or something like that. You define it dark just like I do. In another thread we can discuss similar tracks to this track beause I´ve always been looking for similar tracks to this one.

Yes, it gets mentioned frequently so it is one of the popular ones. However I like that you define it as dark goa. Others probably wouldn´t call it dark or would call it euphoric or something like that. You define it dark just like I do. In another thread we can discuss similar tracks to this track beause I´ve always been looking for similar tracks to this one.

They made just a couple of these darker tracks. The magnitude of composition and well executed chopped saw-like synths are rarely met by other artists.

They made just a couple of these darker tracks. The magnitude of composition and well executed chopped saw-like synths are rarely met by other artists.

So in simple words you mean that not many other artists produced similar dark goa tracks to Life on Mars?

So in simple words you mean that not many other artists produced similar dark goa tracks to Life on Mars?

Similarly great stuff has been done in my books, but it's by the usual suspects of the 90s we all know'n'worship so that's why I didn't mention anybody.

First one that comes to my mind is ANDROMEDA

I really LOVE the mood of this track

The feelings, Cosmisc ascension, Virtual booster and Mahadeva 99, I am not too fan of these, especially Mahadeva 99 which is a failure IMO.

First one that comes to my mind is ANDROMEDA

I really LOVE the mood of this track

The feelings, Cosmisc ascension, Virtual booster and Mahadeva 99, I am not too fan of these, especially Mahadeva 99 which is a failure IMO.

Oh wow I had never heard this track before!

After doing my research I see this track was released on a compilation titled The Next Millenium released in 1999? Cool.

Instead of posting the videios users could enrich the thread by posting longer posts and really tell why the tracks are great and what they mean to them. Astral Projection is worth more than one sentence to why a track is underrated, at least in my opinion. this is not meant negatively, but I would like this to become an interesting thread and one thread with only videolinks to youtube.

@johnb820 Free Tibet and PowerGen are indeed great tracks by Astral Projection and I think Free Tibet is one of the better tracks by Astral Projection.

Oh wow I had never heard this track before!

After doing my research I see this track was released on a compilation titled The Next Millenium released in 1999? Cool.

Yes exactly. Back in year 1999 if i remember correctly, I was still a teenager, got out from high school and found this compilation in a shop, I bought it because the first 3 tracks were by Astral projection.

I didn't know at the time that it was kind of an album because all the tracks are from aliases of AP.

So yeah the first 3 tracks are 1/ Solid electronics, 2/ Andromeda, 3/Power gen Live version.

Solid electronics is a fantastic and energetic opener.

Andromeda, I didn't fall in love at first listen, but its dark mood took me after a few months, it's the kind of track that slowly grows on you.

And the 3rd track Power gen Live version is fantastic as well, even if the "crowd noise" makes it a bit cheesy.

Instead of posting the videios users could enrich the thread by posting longer posts and really tell why the tracks are great and what they mean to them. Astral Projection is worth more than one sentence to why a track is underrated, at least in my opinion. this is not meant negatively, but I would like this to become an interesting thread and one thread with only videolinks to youtube.

@johnb820 Free Tibet and PowerGen are indeed great tracks by Astral Projection and I think Free Tibet is one of the better tracks by Astral Projection.

Well if I had to add a bit of an explanation it is because, while AP is known for having an uplifting style I think Power Gen and Free Tibet are actually really dark. Free Tibet has this weird melodic progression with all those warped and chopped up vocals. The bassline is fast moving and there is just enough going on in the track to keep you interested. As for Power Gen the bass line is very similar to Mahadeva with just that one note off the kick, with the main dark melody bringing good energy.

As to why these tracks are underrated I think it's just that AP released so much stuff that things get forgotten. Avi and Lior were very prolific at the time and the style of Trust in Trance 2 and The Astral Files came and went so quickly. When you compare that stuff to the earlier experiments under different aliases it's obvious they found a gold mine only having changed slightly over the course of Trust in Trance 3, Dancing Galaxy, and Another World. While those later albums are better I think it's easy to forget how good tracks like Power Gen and Free Tibet really are.

Power Gen is indeed a good track but I always liked the Live version better. the sound is softer and more satturated, the atmosphere is much wider and more present. Powergen sound s a bit simple and empty, but this is due to the limitations of that time I guess. the life version sounds more like a track from SFX - The next Millenium or Dancing Galaxy. Very good song.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone else pelase share his opinion about underrated Astra Lrpjectiotracks, esepcially The Feelings since that is one of the best Astral Projection tracks in my opinion. It has incredible melodies.

For my part, I'd say Aurora Borealis, which I rarely see mentioned -- it is the track that got me into goa to begin with, and will always have a special place in my heart, even though I'm not "that" into most AP stuff.

@Penzoline: yes I definitely agree with you on that one, this is one of the best remixes ever ! Crazy!