8. Viber
9. Eclipse
10. Blood Connection
11. Evil Echo
12. Ethnic Demonstration

13. Half Moon
14. Magic Carpet
15. The Last Travel

I try not to make assumptions or jump to conclusions.

lsi5eCd.gif

I said I try. But I think we can all agree sometimes you're just stupid. In that vein I suppose I owe this project an apology. Two Israeli brothers making psytrance? Stop me if you've heard that one before. Paid them zero attention. Why do I wanna waste my time with cheesy full on? That horse has been beaten to death. I haven't been this wrong since, well...

XJiF5yE.gif

F*ck I just turned my kids room into a gay disco! And it's still too damn hot in here!

Now I haven't heard the first album from these guys, but their second one is something you should be paying more attention to. It was a gift from the label Zion604 when I ordered their latest release. No cover, no case, just the music burned to a disc. Normally that would find itself buried amidst all the other music that I would probably never get around to. But something told me to give it a go.

Good call.

The first disc is psytrance oriented with midtempo rhythms and an eye for detail. Changes of direction are abundant as are the hopscotching of between genres. And I believe that to be their strength. The similarities to old Infected Mushroom are many and while none of these tracks are blasters they are fun to dive into with lots of evolution. Their brand of psytrance is nothing special (aside from a few tracks the first disc is rather weak), but throw in their penchant for variety and things get more interesting.

Disc two is the prize for me, full of downtempo grooves that combine vastly varied rhythms in a detailed menagerie of sounds. The layers are thick with slow, cinematic thumping beats that don't flirt with goa, but engage in a full blown dry humping session on the new family couch.

vt8qh2C.gif

You're doing it wrong. Hump first then eat.

Thick with changes in direction , it's like getting lost in a maze where treasure is around every corner. The who shebang is produced very well with all sounds being crystal clear. They seem to love long tracks and while that can be involving sometimes it feels as if they're lost in the woods and every tree looks the same.

OJYU8lr.jpg

"No you go on ahead. I'm gonna...take a look at...something." *sound of fly unzipping*

So the psytrance yeah it's all right, but the downtempo disc is really good. Thanks for the gift!

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk

• 9 months later...

2Minds are two brothers from Israel, Miki and Shauli Ifrah. I recently discovered this album after I heard an old 2Minds track (remixed) on the new Skizologic album and decided to see what else they've done. Although they've been around for a number of years, 2013 seems to be the period when they really move up to a new weight class.

This is a double album. The first 8 tracks are good but not great psy trance. I found "Deep And Warm" one of the stronger tracks, but "Vintage" and "Goa Land" a little more problematic. Overall, I would rate these tracks roughly 7 / 10.

The remaining 7 tracks (AKA 2Minds In Dub) are the real gold. I would describe these tracks as more mid-tempo than downtempo. One of the tracks, "Evil Echo", appeared on VA - Flight 604. The tracks change direction frequently, and the breaks don't always work, but the music is interesting and the producers sound confident with their material. There's no holding back and if you don't like it, tough shit. I rate these tracks 8.5-9 / 10.

Definitely worth a listen.

http://beatspace-geomagnetic.bandcamp.com/album/2-minds-wave-shell-geomagnetic

2Minds are two brothers from Israel, Miki and Shauli Ifrah. I recently discovered this album after I heard an old 2Minds track (remixed) on the new Skizologic album and decided to see what else they've done.

No wonder, dude, the Skizologic remix is fucking fantastic!

I would agree 100% with both reviews, the down tempo here is pure gold.