Last movie you saw?

Penzoline

Re-watching the LOTR 4K remasters. 10/10 shrooms, best fantasy movies ever. Dark wizard knights! I can’t even comprehend how Tolkien conjured up this fantasy world in his mind. The Nazgûl are so damn cool. The sheer epicness of this trilogy, it’s mind-boggling.

Funny quote from a recent Hans Zimmer interview on his soundtrack for Dune:

"Zimmer didn’t want any of the culturally diverse instruments identifiable, so he disguised everything with the help of his virtual synthesizer, the Cubase..."

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/dune-hans-zimmer-score-1234673017/?fbclid=IwAR1OS9OOWpVYqz2WIs8VjEp28tF-0Zy9Ly7Y_6vhQSu6f2E0AyfwI38uuNc

He should do a collab with Shpongle. :D I think Psybient would be really nice atmospheric music for movie soundtracks. A shame it hasn’t been explored/utilized more in a cinematic context.

• 5 weeks later...

Currenly in a gothic/dark fantasy mode:

Crimson Peak

Bram Stoker’s Dracula

Corpse Bride

Sleepy Hollow

Coraline

Excalibur (Not gothic, but fits my mood).

And doing some sampling of audio  fx/dialog from those as well.

• 2 weeks later...

havent watched movies in a looong time, but very recently i decided i wanna watch the John Wick and Equaliser series. Pretty decent but the sequels were so-so. I think i liked the equaliser sequels more than the John Wick ones- that whole "over the table, under the table" thing kinda got a bit wierd towards the sequels there, but Denzel is always a pleasure to watch , him destroying his opponents. I feel keanu is similarly pleasant but yeah they got a bit wierd..

The first john wick however is a really cool movie. But i liked all three equaliser movies kinda the same i think.

Any other really good revenge style movies like that?

speaking of john wick 1 this is a really cool clip, with music from perturbator. awesome synthwave stuff pictured with the mayhem of john wick; spoofing the video game Hotline Miami which i had never heard of or played - but it just Works.

song starts 00:53

Looking for more movies with a shroomy visual vibe. So far Coraline and Alice In Wonderland from 2010 and Corpse Bride are the most shroomy visually.

Coraline even features a scene with liberty caps. :D 

6CDFBC88-42DD-4FBE-B089-FA667E272269.jpeg

39FA7B0B-F217-4D15-958E-C0BB055F6097.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Currently watching the 4K remaster of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, looks very crisp. And I love the animated visual style, despite current CGI far surpassing it on a mere technological level, the designs still look cool. 

• 1 month later...

Just watched 'The King' on Netflix. Lil Timmy Chalamet is really on the up and up. Dune was amazing, I walked out to the news it took 7 years to pull off and am wondering how long it will be for the rest of them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Just watched 'The King' on Netflix. Lil Timmy Chalamet is really on the up and up. Dune was amazing, I walked out to the news it took 7 years to pull off and am wondering how long it will be for the rest of them.

I need to check The King out, seems interesting. And yeah I agree about Dune, I really hope they manage to make it a solid trilogy. :) 

And speaking of trilogies, I’m super excited for the upcoming Avatar sequels. And also for the newly remastered Avatar, which will be available in cinemas this fall. Alongside it’s sequel.

12 hours ago, Magus Knight said:

And also for the newly remastered Avatar, which will be available in cinemas this fall. Alongside it’s sequel.

Whats the deal with the remaster? It was already spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, Tsotsi said:

Whats the deal with the remaster? It was already spectacular.

Yes I agree a very groundbreaking movie for sure in the visual department. They have remastered it in the 4K standard, so I'm sure it will be even more eye-popping somehow. The original still looks very crisp, re-watching the Apple-TV version now. The colors sure are very nice, splendid color gamut! Cameron has the magic touch. :D 

11 hours ago, Magus Knight said:

Yes I agree a very groundbreaking movie for sure in the visual department. They have remastered it in the 4K standard, so I'm sure it will be even more eye-popping somehow. The original still looks very crisp, re-watching the Apple-TV version now. The colors sure are very nice, splendid color gamut! Cameron has the magic touch. :D 

Yea damn., First time I saw it in regular cinema I walked right out to the counter at the end of the movie to purchase a ticket for the 3d version and went right back in. Still haven't seen a 3d film that matches the beauty of the the original. 

On 6/2/2022 at 1:32 AM, Tsotsi said:

Yea damn., First time I saw it in regular cinema I walked right out to the counter at the end of the movie to purchase a ticket for the 3d version and went right back in. Still haven't seen a 3d film that matches the beauty of the the original. 

Avatar in 3D must've been something special for sure, I've heard and read many people claim that's the best implementation of 3D they've experienced in cinemas. I have not seen too many movies in 3D, those that spring to mind was the above-mentioned Coraline (which was great in 3D) and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, (also quite nice 3D in the IMAX format, but the movie itself was of course lacking in many ways. Very confusing script, but some nice designs and VFX.

I hope that they'll screen the Avatar Remaster in 3D as well. :) Avatar 2 will probably be a new 3D-benchmark, if it’s available in 3D. And provided that the cinema itself is up to the challenge. Quite a gamble with the cinemas around here. There is only one cinema here which has IMAX and Dolby Cinema (With Dolby Atmos). But the price is a bit on the expensive side, so the movie really needs to be worth it. :D

Speaking of James Cameron, they're gonna screen Terminator 2 soon here remastered as well. Not sure though if it's the recent remaster which is quite over the top with the waxy side-effect, from cleaning up of the movie grain.

• 2 months later...

On a bit of a Alien/Predator/AvP mania lately. Prometheus and Alien Covenant gets better over time for me. The monster, vehicle and environment designs, are just incredible. Aesthetics to die for. Ridley Scott’s sense for details just makes my jaw drop every time, those shifts to microscopic view on the Engineer’s DNA helix is just so pretty.

The sound design is very nice and crisp as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

wachted my favorite movies of all time again

midsomnar

really interesting movie that makes you think, psychedelic too and i totally dig the atmosphere and vibe

i'm really jealous of all people who haven't seen this movie

The film industry lost its innocence completely by now. Look in the eyes of those famous zombies at the Oscars, it's disgusting. Western civilzation is committing suicide and Hollywood is fully on board. So, i saw Lethal Weapon 3 the other day. Nice easy movie, no 'woke' bullshit and the black guy is just a guy, not a victim :)

3 hours ago, Ake said:

The film industry lost its innocence completely by now. Look in the eyes of those famous zombies at the Oscars, it's disgusting. Western civilzation is committing suicide and Hollywood is fully on board. So, i saw Lethal Weapon 3 the other day. Nice easy movie, no 'woke' bullshit and the black guy is just a guy, not a victim :)

film industry lost its innocence?

disgusting zombies at the oscars?

our civizilation is commeting suicide?

hollywood is helping with this suicide?

black guy is not a victim?

but the most disturbing element of your post: you like lethal weapon 3? really?

Oh yes, I do like Lethal Weapon 3. I'm not saying it's a good movie cinematically, it's rather trash obviously. I still like it for 90's nostagia. As for the other comments, I'm afraid it's the truth. :)