Last movie you saw?

Penzoline

I've seen it yesterday in 3D and I was aware of all reviews, trailers and buzz regarding this one. However, I'm big Batman fan so I tried not to be biased when it comes to this one. Since Man Of Steel was fine for me (not great), this one is okay too. The problem with the movie is it's pacing, and the weird need to rush out with Justice League thing. Honestly they should stick to the BvS premise and slow down a bit. Here are few things that I liked and disliked (spoliers will be added in spoiler tags:

- Batman/Bruce Wayne was great. Probably the most brutal/menacing Dark Knight so far
- Visual effects and BvS showdown was eye candy, the most epic one so far when it comes to a comic book movie

Wonder Woman was fine, I liked her visual style and appereance, I can't wait 2017.
- Lex Luthor was weakest point imo, Jesse isn't good pick for that role, sorry.
- Introduction to other JL members was lazy and it should be done better
- Doomsday was 'meh', especially after they revealed it in 2nd trailer

Anyway, it was great experience, first part of movie is more slow/dramatic while second part is overloaded with action. If you liked MoS, you will probably like this one too.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched The Black Hole yesterday, an old Disney sci-fi movie. It's rather dark and creepy for Disney but I loved it as a child and I still adore it today. The Dialogs tend to be a bit corny, even the few robots who can talk tend to be rather pathetic. But the ststory is nice and black holes are very fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not seen a movie in ages. The last one I saw was bladerunner, maybe the best movie of all time.

The last new movie I saw was Inside the head which was pretty nice if nothing spectacular

Most recent movie was Keanu!

Good movie! Not perfect, but it was fun and I support Key and Peele doing more stuff.

To my understanding, they are rebooting Police Academy, which might actually be interesting

:)

Watched Spotlight, The Big Short, The Hateful Eight, Captain America: Civil War and Krampus.

Spotlight and The Big Short were great. Hateful 8 was Tarantino's worst. Civil War is the best superhero movie ever and Krampus was nice, but Trick Or Treat was better.

Saw Civil war in the theatre last night . Much better than BvS . Even if you havent watched the prequels or read the comic books you should be able to follow . Zack synder ruins everything . Wonder how he managed to make a movie like watchmen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hunt for the wilder people - nz film by same guy that did boy, what we do in the shadows

possibly one of the best movies i have ever seen... keep eye out for it over your way as it has had alot of success at the

movie fests your way... can't remember last time went to movies and people clapped at the end!

Warcraft was great visual experience and lovely reminder how fun it was to play it few years ago. It might not seem like a great movie, especially because of weak character development but regarding the visual aspect and nostalgia factor for people who played it, it didn't disappointed. It's strange tho how it failed at US box office, but succeded in China with over 200 mil gross. I hope the franchise will continue and Duncan Jones is great director, maybe not the perfect one for these kind of blockbuster movies, but let's hope he will continue this project.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know why I did (as the last one sucked as well) but I watched Star Trek Beyond the other day... and what waste of time (not surprisingly), really bad sci-fi... :( It seems like they are making an effort to make it suck as much as possible with lame dialog, infantile story-line, and bad acting (and casting)... it's pretty much a joke (a bad one). :(

I don't know why I did (as the last one sucked as well) but I watched Star Trek Beyond the other day... and what waste of time (not surprisingly), really bad sci-fi... :( It seems like they are making an effort to make it suck as much as possible with lame dialog, infantile story-line, and bad acting (and casting)... it's pretty much a joke (a bad one). :(

I think the previous one was not that bad (the one were the evil guy was called Khan) but "Beyond" was crap... It's amazing how you can make a spacecraft that hasn't operated in centuries, just start moving with very little work, you just plug the cables, say some stupid Mumbo Jumbo and KAABBBBOOOOM it starts flying again, easier than fixing a bike.

I've been dissapointed with many of the series that I used to enjoy:

X-men Apocalypse: Total crap, even though Days of Future past and First class (my favorite X-men film) were very good!

Bourne: I like all previous 4 Bourne movies, this one not at all. I started falling asleep at the final car chase, it was so predictable and so not-believable.... and NO it wasn't because he was in Athens at the beginning of the film and they made it look like a city of chaos/anarchy

Star Trek: Read above

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Civil war was OK, Avengers 2 was so/so... I have high hopes for Dr. Strange.

As for Warcraft, I was never a fan, but a lot of my friends used to play the game so I went to watch it. It was OK, but nothing special.

Generally I've been quite disappointed by blockbusters and most films that I went to watch at the Cinema.

However, there's one film I saw last year that totally touched me and it's gone into the "Favorite Movies List":

Me, Earl and the Dying girl

It's a masterpiece!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Accountant

A surprisingly good, deeper than usual action movie in the vein of - and better than, IMO - Jason Bourne (series), Jack Reacher or John Wick. I was worried that Ben Affleck might ruin it, but he actually pulled this one of maybe because his character was autistic and his "wooden" playing was a good match? I really enjoyed the action sequences, the plot was interesting although you need to take it all with a grain of salt. Worth seeing!

Doctor Strange!

Was real good, not great, but good.

The visuals were fantastic, but the first act's third rate knock off of the House MD show was just terrible. 

Bad acting, but dialog, bad script.

It's worth getting past, as the movie turns out to be quite fun, but that was bad.

Now that it's all setup though, really hoping the sequel is even better

Hoping to find some time to go watch Dr. Strange. Wednesday used to be my Cinema day but now I've been assigned a Judo-only training session on Wednesday night, so I have to go at late-night screenings after I finish teaching.

Edit: 2 surprisingly good action films that I saw recently where:

1) The equalizer - A believable version of John Wick (The only thing I enjoyed in John Wick was the grappling-based martial arts choreography, the rest was shit)

2) Run all night - Very good directing, keeps you on the edge all the time, will definetly watch it again since I was a bit tired.

• 2 months later...