Last movie you saw?

Penzoline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are some good movies from this year? Any genre though I dislike horror movies and movies where nothing happens the whole time. Haven't watch many movies from recent years.

not exactly the last, but amazing one:

"Once upon a forest" from Luc Jacquet

beautiful insight into the rainforest and how their trees channel life. animations which try to focus the evolution of single events i found quite irritating in the beginning, but once u get used to them they interact nicely with the flow and intention of the story

Godzilla - big expectations, in the end movie was boring, only last 15-20 minutes are worth seeing, even almighty Walter couldn't save this one. However, it's better than '90s version

Transformers 4 - a lot of hate regarding this one, but actually it was fun movie (if you're not expecting some quality dialogues or interesting plot). Dinobots were amazing and Galvatron design was weak. Still don't get why people hate the VFX in this one, IMO visuals were better than it was case in part 2 and 3.

Edge Of Tomorrow - Sci-fi version of Groundhog day, but with a lot more action and nice story. I liked the ending and this one for sure is one of the better sci-fi movies in recent years.

X-Man: Days Of Future Past - solid sequel and one of the best super-hero scene so far in Marvel universe. Even for a guy who doesn't like X-Man that much, this one was fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Enders Game

If there was a perfect fit for the phrase "heavy handed" then this movie is it. There's practically no subtlety in the writing. Everything is exposed in a previous scene like "look, this is how it actually is, now act surprised when you find out". I don't know who they were aiming this movie for but as an adult it was just so simplistic in it's delivery of the plot. It really doesn't help it feels like significant plots and themes were cut/cut short from the story for the movies sake.

However I found it very entertaining. It was a visually fantastic movie! Some of the scenes and how it was filmed and planned out were really striking and emotional. I also loved how contrasted the visual design was. The acting was good too. I can recommend the movie to any scifi fan but if you also read books then I'd recommend that over the movie by far. I'm genuinely interested in reading it myself.

• Like 1

Going to the cinema tonight... to see "Gone girl".

Been seeing a lot of films lately (cinema, rental or download) some that I enjoyed on top of my head:

Stranger than fiction

Guardians of the galaxy

Kick-ass 1 & 2 (I thought no1 was great)

Enter the void

Tropa De Elite 1 & 2 ( Brazilian films, no2 was better)

I want to see "boyhood" and "relatos selvajes (argentinian film)"... Been told that both are masterpieces, but unfortunately they are not played anymore at the cinemas around here, so I'll have to wait to download them.... Also couldn't catch "Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?", which was a big summer hit in Greek cinemas. It's always difficult to catch these limited releases.

"Gone Girl" was a great film. It gets a bit slow in the middle (it's a long film) but the last 20 mins are full of tension.

Rosamund Pike is PHENOMENAL as Amy (The gone girl), wouldn't be surprised if she wins many awards for this role.

Just watched Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. I gotta say, this movie is quite disturbing in its own way. And depressing too. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I prefer the japanese dub version since I usually prefer hearing the original voices.

yhm4R0I.jpg?1

• Like 1

Hey Desysko have you seen Mamoru Oshii's earlier feature length Angel's Egg? Really interesting movie if you like philosophical, slow moving symbolism.

As for recent movies, I just watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

No I haven't. I have been on an anime movie craze lately and try to make some time to watch some good films that I haven't watched yet. I'll definitely add Angel's Egg to the list, especially since I like philosophical and slow moving.