The most melancholic ambient tracks

radi6404

So I am looking for very melancholic ambient tracks like Jaia - After the Rain. This track is very melancholic and has a very serious sound. I havn´t heart many tracks that are so intense at dark as this track. After the intro a very dark part kicks in with a very melancholic melody and really dark bassline rythm. Also the bright filtersweeps that sound a bit like metal are not very common for ambient. They add more aggression to the track and make it sound even darker. Therefore this track is as dark as Oforia - Soil, one of the darkest ambient tracks know to exist.

I would be pleased if people can recommend me similar ambient tracks that are not only about glitch and elegant lounge sounds.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Ambient? Except for the tune Artem_Bha posted those tunes has nothing to do with Ambient. Ambient is music usually with no beats and nothing to do with psytrance pitched down to 80 bpm. The music posted here is at best Downbeat/Chill-out or probably better categorizes as psybient.

Allow me to promote my own experimental downbeat whatever you'll call it. There's some melancholy to be found in many of these tunes.

Both albums can be downloaded for free in full CD quality here:

https://soundcloud.com/elysium94/sets/free-tunes-4

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

thanks to all for the recommendations. <i will surely check them all out. The Hypnotic LFO Room, I will also listen to your tracks, and if <i like them, I will donate you.

Thanks but no need to donate as it's all free to download. It's no longer available at Ektoplazm. Only on my SoundCloud.

Ambient? Except for the tune Artem_Bha posted those tunes has nothing to do with Ambient. Ambient is music usually with no beats and nothing to do with psytrance pitched down to 80 bpm. The music posted here is at best Downbeat/Chill-out or probably better categorizes as psybient.

We know that but since radi asked for "ambient" tracks similar to "Jaïa - After the rain", we all tried to give examples of tracks fitting in the same category.

One of my fav ambient artists include Thom Brennan or Steve Roach but that's not similar to the Jaïa track.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry not to add anything to the discussion :(

Abasio, you can spare yourself such commends, because the track is aktually very melancholic. We argued about it in the past and many users agreed that Oforia sounds melancholic. If it doesn´t sound melancholic for you, how does it sound then? Whether people find music said or not depends on the instruments and keys choosen and Oforia - Soil is a melancholic and sad track. It is much different to Astral Projection - Chaos for example, a very happy sounding song.

You guys made me curious so i just listened to Oforia Soil, melancholic maybe because it can subjective, yet i can't believe you wrote "one of the darkest ambient tracks know to exist"

Are you sure you didn't mix up with another track ?

Ever tried to get down into dark ambient, Radi?

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxlKnS79KlU

The funny thing is, I can listen to quite a lot of the dark stuff and not get sad or anything, I even feel comfortable once I got used to the atmosphere ... but as soon as I listen to CBL or something like that, which is actually rather a beautiful sound (at least that's obviously what was intended), I get so sad, so incredibly sad. Can't listen to that anymore, it kills me.

It might be that you have a different taste than other people just like I do. For exmple I find Oforia - soil to be dark and melancholicc while other people don´t find it dark and melancholic. I can´t imagine how they don´t find it dark and melancholic though, because to me it sounds just that way. I will listen to your links soon.

It might be that you have a different taste than other people just like I do. For exmple I find Oforia - soil to be dark and melancholicc while other people don´t find it dark and melancholic. I can´t imagine how they don´t find it dark and melancholic though, because to me it sounds just that way. I will listen to your links soon.

This is dark in my opinion

so the Oforia track you are talking about is this one, yeah ?

how come it's dark compared to the Mathias Grassow track above?

This is dark in my opinion

how come it's dark compared to the Mathias Grassow track above?

Your track is dark indeed but it is beatless, I prefer ambient with beats, but that is taste. Anyway, altough your track is darker than the Oforia one, the Oforia track is dark in my opinin, at least it is melancholic. You can´t say that is a happy track, can you?

@Ilgaz, The E-Mantra track is very good.