Your favorite goatrance / psytrance DJ sets ?

exotic

You know the adage " the whole being greater than the sum of its parts " doesn't apply more fittingly to any other thing than a good electronic music set . imo atleast ! :D

so lets get everybody's favorite set down here for our listening pleasures ..

There have been really good ones like Anoebis' 1994 mix which i have been listening to a lot , i discovered some tunes that i had not heard before ( and more to come i guess! ). What i really like about good sets is that it brings more life to individual tracks than if you hear them in isolation. dunno if you all feel the same way and even albums that play out like a DJ set are much more enjoyable .

I still havent heard a grinding set that has had me swaying from the word go till the end ..

Lets hear them !

Years ago, while randomly browsing the Internet, I came accross a lot of DJ Mixes made by Goa Getter, which were loaded with classic tracks (I've actually discovered a lot of old-school gems this way). A google search for Goa Getter mixes should point you to the right direction I think ! You can at least get the track lists here: http://lsdb.eu/list/artist/11828/dj-goa-getter.html

Phobos & Fog.

Don't know anyone else that can catch up with those guys... love their sets.. full of unknown/unreleased sounds you have never heart before and you probably won't heart it again (but not just for the sake of playing unreleased stuff, high quality tracks only). Also the sets don't sound like 10 mixed tracks, but one 60min track.. very sophisticated style of mixing and track selection.. keeping the flow up all the way from min 0 to the end.

Only bad thing is that you can't really listen to their sets other than joining an event, they don't put it online :/

DJ Basilisk - Moonshadow for techy psytrance/psytek.

Cyphonic - Reversing Reality (Part 1) for night fullon.

some dj set of Schippe at Fullmoon Festival (i have no idea which year (maybe 2003?) and also can't find it in the net anymore) for morning fullon.

DJ Searcher - Alpha Centauri for Darkpsy (yes, there is one whole set of darkpsy that i actually like ;) )

for goa it's difficult. the ones i find particularly good are:

Anoebis - Warm Blanket

MAOi - Stream Enterer

Elysium - My Vision of Trance (Part 1)

i can't find links for most of them, but at least the goa mixes should be in the dj section of psynews...

easy. my favorite ever has to be Morlack - Frequency Patterns October 2003. All psy trance but just the perfect selection and.. everything! so many memories in this thread when I joined DI.FM. anyone interested, I can share zeh mix 8)

http://forums.di.fm/goa-and-psy/frequency-patterns-mixed-by-morlack-october-2003-a-48417/

Yeah these ones have been the bom Alaska for me. Bringing back such me worked of dusty dancefloors, good druqks & free love from cute chicas. The good days when there was plenty of PLUR for sale & it was all about the scene man!

Lovely mixes. Wish the music still had the vibe.

• 10 months later...

Has to be

"The Tree Tribe - From Disco To Eternity" - this is one hell of a mix!

Anoebis - Acid Meltdown 1 & 2 -Killah's before the '94 & 96 mixes!

Anoebis - Ambient Mix - love this one.

And last but not the least

Goa Constrictor - RIP Lord Commander Muschi - love the mix , such a warm gesture. #RIP

Edit: Removed Elysium- live in Oslo '04

Im not liking it now, as much I used to.

Years ago, while randomly browsing the Internet, I came accross a lot of DJ Mixes made by Goa Getter, which were loaded with classic tracks (I've actually discovered a lot of old-school gems this way). A google search for Goa Getter mixes should point you to the right direction I think ! You can at least get the track lists here: http://lsdb.eu/list/artist/11828/dj-goa-getter.html

That's me niggaz :D I still have all those old mixes, they were brutally pitched down in many cases though. Well, indeed my (!!) mixes are my favorite ones. That's always the goal isn't it? When recording a set at home you do it in order to create an excellent mix, that you will enjoy to listen to again and again. Right or right? :)

https://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/53081-all-my-oldschool-goatrance-mixes/

• Like 1

Damn that was you!? Awesome hah, 'tis a small world.

Aye I remember that the mixes were really slower than usual (the first ones anyway), but no matter, it gave them a special touch. In any case, thanks for these, I've discovered an awful lot of stuff due to them! I didn't know about the existence of the thread you linked :)

Yeah, all my old mixes. You're welcome. Those mixes wouldn't have been created without the great people from Discogs Goa/Psy-Trance forum who helped me a lot with identifying old tracks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a couple of sets that have had a lot of playtime here...

Draeke's Mentalism (still such a good set!)

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/58584-mentalism/?hl=mentalism

Anoebis' Storm In Your Head (had some crazy experiences on this one lol)

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/53987-anoebis-storm-in-your-head/?hl=%2Bstorm+%2Byour+%2Bhead

Jim Appleton's Neurogenesis over on GoatRanch influenced me a lot too:

http://goatranch.com/2011/04/04/jim-appleton-neurogenesis/

Why?

Sorry if I have offended you. I used to love it, but these days I can't tolerate the samples :/

It's got nothing to do with the set. It is indeed wonderful.

Oh crap! Being your fan, I didn't wish for our first interaction to be like this ! :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Sorry if I have offended you. I used to love it, but these days I can't tolerate the samples :/

It's got nothing to do with the set. It is indeed wonderful.

Oh crap! Being your fan, I didn't wish for our first interaction to be like this ! :(

No offense taken at all :) I was just curious to know why as hating something is a very "strong" word to use :)

• 5 weeks later...