Update: The Album has been Released!

now live on ektoplazm:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/cybernetika-solar-nexus

cybernetika-solar-nexus-300x300.jpg

01 - Artificial Bloodline (80 BPM)

02 - Neuronal Interface (178 BPM)

03 - Distress Beacon (177 BPM)

04 - Monolithic (179 BPM)

05 - Bio-Magnetic Tunnel Transport (179 BPM)

06 - Stinger (178 BPM)

07 - Sol Nexus (160 BPM)

08 - Constellations (179 BPM)

09 - The Outcast Of Deadspace (150 BPM)

Cybernetika makes a triumphant return to Ektoplazm with Solar Nexus, the long-awaited follow-up to Colossus, released nearly three years ago. In that time Cybernetika has been working hard to further refine his ground-breaking fusion of psychedelic trance and drum n bass, uniting these disparate genres under the aegis of far-future science fiction storytelling. As is customary, Cybernetika has written a short tale to introduce the themes explored on this album:

In the dark and barren outer reaches of the universe a small group of genetically modified humans made this hostile region their home. Forgotten by most of human civilization, they developed a wealthy and peaceful society. Nine hundred years after last contact they suddenly appeared out of nowhere with technologies far more advanced than we could ever imagine in our wildest dreams. How could such a small group of a few hundred mutants get so far ahead of us? Would it be possible for us to benefit from their knowledge? The answer is both terrifying and promising: yes, it is possible, by connecting human minds in a galaxy-wide overmind, powered by the energy of a billion sunsthe Solar Nexus.

All tracks written, produced and mastered by Cybernetika (Lars Goossens). Artwork by Jonathan Maurin and Maxime des Touches.

Enjoy! Thanks for listening and commenting!

Thank god you are back! And that theme for the album is right up my alley! Fuck yes! <3

The only negative thing about this whole thing is... I don't have an Unreal Tournament game to play while listening to it(they're all dead)! :( Ah maybe one day...

And I mentioned this in another thread, honestly, if you managed to get all of your albums remastered and released in a box set featuring sci-fi artwork and a nice booklet explaining on how you approached each album and how you come up with these ideas... kind of dreaming here, but even seriously speaking I think as Limited Edition I could see it working... maybe..

This is something I am planning for a while. It will be a big undertaking and still needs a lot of effort (when I do it, I want to do it right ;)). - but it's definitely on the radar, could approach it next year.

Thanks for listening :)

Eargasm! I was just listening to "Scythe" the other day in my car and thought to myself: "This dude needs to make some more good shit like this".

This is a bit more "step" than I usually prefer, but as usual your atmospheres are flawless.

This is something I am planning for a while. It will be a big undertaking and still needs a lot of effort (when I do it, I want to do it right ;)). - but it's definitely on the radar, could approach it next year.

Thanks for listening :)

Woah! I'd do everything I can to help you if you ever decide to go for it, be it a kickstarter or indiegogo or anything like that. :)

I can not give you an exact date but be assured that it will be a very short period of time :)

And yet, it will probably still feel like an eternity.

All the best with this and any future releases.

Eargasm! I was just listening to "Scythe" the other day in my car and thought to myself: "This dude needs to make some more good shit like this".

This is a bit more "step" than I usually prefer, but as usual your atmospheres are flawless.

+1 on both said.

I'd love if he incorporated more Scyth-esque (Goa/Psy) elements into a more cinematic feel (as the intro is here + taking Scythe to the next level, a sequel I'm putting out there for after this album). When I say cinematic of course, I'm not saying to sound too sound trekky (sound track oriented), Rather incorporating cinematic elements in a way that enhances, deepens, and broadens the story and feel [deep atmospheric sci-fi space psy/goa-trance]. You all know what I'm talking about.

His evocative/space psy elements are terrific here. But the step (breaks?) influence I find less satisfying. Can the story be produced, half in this step/breaks/style and half more Goa-esque like Scythe, with same vision and sounds? Rather save those for another album actually, since this vision is powerful and for whatever reason the break approach is a part of it.

Part of me is just thankful that he's releasing another album. His work is ridiculously underrated, super popular however in circles of appreciation throughout the world, those who are meant to come across it. This also goes without saying: Many of the most talented artists are not widely known. I simply love Scythe of Orion's (non D&B, nor breaks for the most part) approach. I love the sci-fi, atmospheric, ambient, sound/melody, texture/soundscape influence that this artist produces, his harmonies and storytelling work. I simply like less the beat approach, though I realize that many of you guys like this beat approach too!

If he decides to produce a powerful follow up to Scythe after this one, he should IMO consider reaching out to Suntrip or other reputable labels who are mindful and resourceful, caring of their artists and vision.

I'd also love to hear Ambient, Psyambient by this artist. I'm sure his sound/storytelling would stand out and breath to enormous degrees in a downbeat-esque psyambient album. Altar Records releases stuff like that BTW with E-Mantra. I'm thinking of Cybernetika's Finale to some degree (below); such strong, catchy work. And the upcoming release I'm sure will kick ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_cd15Cyc8

+1 on both said.

I'd love if he incorporated more Scyth-esque (Goa/Psy) elements into a more cinematic feel (as the intro is here + taking Scythe to the next level, a sequel I'm putting out there for after this album). When I say cinematic of course, I'm not saying to sound too sound trekky (sound track oriented), Rather incorporating cinematic elements in a way that enhances, deepens, and broadens the story and feel [deep atmospheric sci-fi space psy/goa-trance]. You all know what I'm talking about.

His evocative/space psy elements are terrific here. But the step (breaks?)influence I find less satisfying. Can the story be produced, half in this step/breaks/style and half more Goa-esque like Scythe, with same vision and sounds? Rather save those for another album actually, since this vision is powerful and for whatever reason the break approach is a part of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_cd15Cyc8

DnB and breaks I think. I really happen to like the approach personally, it always creates a nice fast tempo foundation which is why I'm an avid fan of melodic and atmospheric dnb.

I also think a full-fredged downtempo album like that would be amazing. A true sonic voyage. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I also think a full-fredged downtempo album like that would be amazing. A true sonic voyage. :)

A downtempo album in this powerful Sci-Fi vision would be amazing! YES.

Now on with listening to this new release!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

A downtempo album in this powerful Sci-Fi vision would be amazing! YES.

Now on with listening to this new release!

:)

I wish someone would pick Cybernetika to do a movie/game soundtrack actually.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that to me, this is clearly the best Cybernetika album so far and one of my favourite albums of the year across all genres. Absolutely brilliant work! The album never drags; instead, it delivers one great idea after the other with captivating atmospheres and melodies all over the place. I'm really in awe.

One thing I've always liked about Cybernetika's D'n'B material is that it approaches the genre from a somewhat different ('outside') perspective compared to 'pure' D'n'B artists: the Psychedelic Trance background is put to great use here and elevates the modern D'n'B sound to another level. I'm not really up to date with the D'n'B scene, but I haven't heard any releases from a contemporary D'n'B background that manage to hold my attention for so long and have so much to offer on various levels.

Finally, I have to agree with all those who have been asking about a CD release: qualitatively, Cybernetika's music easily beats a lot of stuff that's been released on CD, and I'd love to add a fantastic album like this one to my proper collection.