MoonWeed - Voice Of Jupiter | Anjuna Records | ANJUNACD005

Radical Ristortion CD was supposed to come up on 15th Jan, so I see no problem there. AND I received my d/l links mid-Dec when I ordered it.

Moonweed on the other hand, still waiting :)

Alright, after everyone took the chill pill - let's clear up some things here:

• Anjuna was not created for profit, so please keep your tongue clean, or far as i concern you really, and i mean it, you really don't need to buy our music if you feel someone is playing with your cash. believe me - We don't need your cash if that's what you feel.
  • Scroll up, almost no talks about music here with all the magical 303's in this album and none of you got the nuts to say, wwwaaaawww? all you care about is bandcamp? I mean, common, You're talking to one of the audiowarez scene founders here, how hard for you to dl it through torrent? :P
  • You have problem with shipping? that's why we have mailbox for :) we answer everyone 24h max. -
  • Note that those threads are made for music talk. happy talk, you feel angry? pissed? put a paypal dispute, ask for a refund, it's allllright maaaan!
  • Let me put it in simple words, THERE ARE NO TRANCE LABELS TODAY, it's all boutique labels, running by a one-man-show. 99% distributing through digital, none of you have the slightest clue how easy and simple is to upload a .wav file massively, make a front 1000x1000px cover art and viola! you have an album. I insist on printing, going through all the complex of top quality CD printing process which i know no one really care about, while we going pixel by pixel to make sure that everything is aligned, and QA'd properly.Just saying - look deeper, it's always good, there's a story behind all of this. there's a goal. there's a tribal thing here, and if you skip it, you're missing the whole point.
  • We do though give you a nice fancy invoice on each of your purchases, while no one else (almost) does in the digital world, so respect that we respect your money. and respect that we respect your hard earned money and that the fact that you're choosing to spend it to help the artists is a VERY IMPORTANT THING for us.
  • most of you don't know, but 99% of the artists that squeezed the shit out of themselves with acid to experiment a new style of music, to extract this whole magic into synth lines, wasted, lost their education, broke up families, left basically (mostly) with nothing, for me, they are still radiating and always will through music, their will to create music is extremely important, if our little push helps then yeah, we did it - together.
  • So yeah, we have shitty post office, but it's getting better and better... to make sure packages arrives in reasonable time we signed an exporter agreement, that means packages must leave israel in 24h range. you guys simply have no fucking bit of a clue how much efforts i did to make sure your goods arrives on time. so unless you want to pay 37$ for every copy through UPS......... that's how national mail works. we all know this.
  • Everyone who bought the Nervasystem album during Christmas period had delays, that's december-january in postal world, nothing new here
  • Regarding distributors, we have a LOT of local shops buying from us 100's of copies. we will NEVER outsource distribution exclusively. the main reason you see less labels today then 90's is because of that. those distribution companies caused massive loads of politics and intrigues between labels, when they fallen down they took lots of labels with them, there's no code of conduct there guys, sorry to be the messenger ;)

So let's keep it clean and positive, I've said what I had to say, you can agree, you can disagree it's alright as far as i'm concern, we will continue our hard work and enjoy it ;)

Enough depressing notes for one evening, have a great week guys.

PS. if you have something good to say, please - say it to Jamie :)

After ordering it in early December I received an e-mail that it had been sent back to the label. A few weeks later I received a new email that it had now been mailed a second time. That was a week ago.

We shall see. It's not just Anjuna on my end. I'm still waiting for two CDs from Zion604. Usually they're great, but this time...maybe since the radical distortion album didn't come out since January 15th that's why it's taking so long. At least I got downloads from them.

Are you mad at me Israel?

MDK

Never! :)

indeed there were some massive changes in the Israeli postal service in the last 6 months, they switched CEO, it was a national company, now it's moving to private, lots of crap, you guys feel it. and i feel sorry for that. but eventually it will all get sorted. I'm still bugging our account manager to make sure it's all get on time.

Though, It did cost us a lot of coffee and soda meetings with them

I can share with you that I'm still trying to figure out how to synchronize our shipping system to automatically print labels with the barcodes and all, we're almost there, once i'm done developing it then our ability to report back all packages to the post office instead of doing everything manually, that will force the postal service to process packages faster, for example, the first queue after a presale is always the fastest because it's under exporter agreement, that's why i'm pushing everyone to buy on pre-order, not because we afraid it will get distributed on the internet, but because a one chunk shipment is always faster. a single shipments are being processed manually... manually = slow.

So were are we here? After 2 months pre-orders there are still (a lot of?) people without CD? On discogs currently only 12 people claim to have it, if you remove label owner, close people and fake (digital) additions the number is very low since a lot of active Goa-heads would have added this to collection.

So you are claiming that A LOT of people haven't received the CD's based on discogs "I have it" functionality, believe me, I respect your imagination and investigating skills, but this is far from reality.

I can tell you that a lot of our customers are not using discogs or psynews.

For some reason i'm getting the sense that you're just enjoying the heat... :)

Hmmm

my copy is very organic (mastering wise).

have yet to compare them to lucis flux/three om three tho.

great album btw :)

snake charmer/celestial/spiral expansion

are freaking amaaaazing !

thank you :)

You Welcome!

The mastering was a difficult task, we had several mastering sessions to get the proper sound accurate and sharp. my favorite mastering is micronesia which sounds amazing. bright and clear,

Jamie was writing most of the tunes alone and it's clear that he was more focus on the vibe then polishing the sound.

There's also a very common thing with old tunes, back in the day there was no real mastering, everyone wants to sound loud, so a bit compression and limiter on the master bus would make it sound fat and big, and those are the master files, with limiter on it, which makes it almost impossible to master without manipulating the sound.

so the final result was very impressive I think that consider the challenges Tim Schuldt made an amazing mastering work here. gentle and accurate in one hand and quite polished and a bit aggressive on the other without "adding artifacts" to the sound.

hehe, why half founder? and thank you for the warm comment, never considered my self as a top artist :)

No disrespect meant - I saw somewhere that you founded the label with some other guy, but indeed it was a mistake - sorry :)

And the "top artist" was in appreciation of your music on Anjuna comps, which was always among the best tracks on any given CD.

Lastly, considering your 'rant' on why no one is commenting about the 303s - well, maybe that's because we refuse to pirate the album and without any viable way to purchase it we're unable to comment?? I'm pushing for bandcamp because it's very convenient and I've built quite a library of music there already, so naturally want to expand it. Therefore I'd be even OK with Zion604 model - I pay for CD now, receive the d/l instantly but the CD is sent once its printed, e.g. a month later.

Anyway, enough of complaining.

• Like 1

From my end I appreciate the explanation of things more than cryptic or snarky comments. Let's save those for the reviews! Surely I cannot be the only funny guy on the internet.

For the record I in no way believe that Anjuna gives two sh*ts about my money. Their mission statement says they don't do it for the money and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Sure it sucks that I still don't have the Moonweed CD, but it will eventually get here. No reason to lose sleep over it and I still have lots of music to get through until it arrives. I would also love a download after pre-order purchase as it would make everyone relax, feel more patient and secure about their purchase, and I know it would get the reviews out faster.

As consumers we don't see the behind the scenes problems and I'm sure the label hates the fact that things don't go well as it becomes a reflection on them. So the moral of the story is communication. As long as there is that everything else will work itself out.

Mdk

• Like 1

Everything is alright guys ;) nothing personal, no bad feelings.

UX album is almost ready, voice of jupiter arrives bandcamp and big digital shops this week, we are enhancing our shipping methods too.

progress guys, progress :)

Think positive.

Tal

• Like 1

Everything is alright guys ;) nothing personal, no bad feelings.

UX album is almost ready, voice of jupiter arrives bandcamp and big digital shops this week, we are enhancing our shipping methods too.

progress guys, progress :)

Think positive.

Tal

Just brilliant! :)

• Like 1

I thought I'd bring this thread back to the music if I may. Had to listen on youtube, as I'm low on cash right now. I have to say, it's simply brilliant (so far Aardvark is my favourite). Well done Moonweed (and Anjuna). I can't wait for the review thread, as I'd love to hear what you folks think.

Well okay I'm blind. I actually got two emails from Anjuna titled "Your Anjuna Records order from November 1, 2014 is complete" a few days ago. Finally got a tracking number.

But still, this was a month after I got an email saying "will be reshipped asap". And I got no notification email whenever it was originally shipped (december?).

Jamie left facebook due technical difficulties (accidentally changes his profile name to Simon Posford)

Paul - Your package has been shipped long ago - keep us updated if it doesn't arrive in the following week and we will reship you your order ;)

Peace.

• Like 1

Jamie left facebook due technical difficulties (accidentally changes his profile name to Simon Posford)

That's the funniest thing I read in a while. Thinking of doing that to my spoiler.

BTW - not sure if it's still the same but you could change your name up to 3 times before.

That's the funniest thing I read in a while. Thinking of doing that to my spoiler.

BTW - not sure if it's still the same but you could change your name up to 3 times before.

Yeah it was quite amusing but facebook doesn't allow him to change his name for 90 days. So he will be shpongled for the next 3 months.

I'll be damned - they made it!!! :o:D

https://anjunarecords.bandcamp.com/album/voice-of-jupiter

Yeah, we made it.

Album is available now through bandcamp and all big digital stores soon.

Peace