MoonWeed - Voice Of Jupiter | Anjuna Records | ANJUNACD005

Not to be a complete ass but if your wife was expecting to give birth why not delay the release? I'm sure customers would've understood. Otherwise get somebody you can trust to do the mail outs on time? I know how hard kids are. I've got a 2.5 year old (currently very sick) & 3 month old, but some simple forward planning can go a long way. Anyway good luck with it all. Kids are hard work but worth it. Also don't forget they're a lot stronger than we think.

Thanks for the advice about how to run a label and raise a baby :)

problem is - CD's were shipped 23 days before.

So this is the love and compassion everyone say's disappeared from the trance scene i guess ;)

Peace to you guys, don't bother to comment any more. I ain't going to read it.

Tal

lol.'dint red then but my advice was actually positive. I know how hard it is, I was just offering up advice but hey I guess you got it all under control huh? This scene never had positive vibes, it's always been a dog eat dog scene which is why it never has and never will rise above this level. It's actually a really sad scene.

Your comments guys are really out of order.

You can chose rather you wish to buy directly or not. honestly. after reading your comments, I don't really care.

I personally shipped over 270 copies in 3 days. if that's the feedbacks I'm getting from you guys after my contribution to the trance scene, you should self-criticize yourself, try to put yourself in my shoes once and understand the huge effort being done here to keep this vibe alive.

Are you 12 years old?? I'm not criticizing you as a person, but offering some advice as to your business practices which leave a lot to be desired. Examples?

1. Check your release page for Moonweed here: http://www.anjunarecords.com/shop/moonweed-voice-jupiter/- nowhere does it say when it is actually released (it was up already in early Nov), when will shipping start, etc.,

2. E-mails about "release" of the CD were sent out mid-Nov as well, with the same info as above without clarifying it's a preorder and buyers will get their CDs two months later,

3. Replying "Great decision ;)" without giving any further explanation why it's great to someone who stated they don't want to buy directly from label and then NOT giving any other means to purchase the CDs - is simply disrespectful,

The attitude that you can't criticize anything in this scene - music, people, business - is really baffling. "PLUR" does not mean everything is always good and fine and we have to treat each other like we're spoiled children. I'm buying a lot of this music, incl. all releases from Anjuna and will continue to support the scene as I've been doing for almost 20 years now, therefore I have the right to complain about the things I don't like. If I'm being wrong or disrespectful - let me know, but otherwise please spare me the drama.

Hey guys can I just say that without Tal and his Label Anjuna Records this [my album] would never have been released.

Tal has a high powered full time job and a wife and now a newly born child - he devotes as much of his precious little spare time that he has

into finding and releasing the original rare Goa/Psy music and making parties.

Tal does NOT make any money out of this and purely does this out of the love of this PRE-overproduced same old - same old, copy cat, generic trance that exists now !

The scene DiD have positive vibes back then and all the labels worked together as a family....

He clearly stated that pre orders were available a month before the release date - for a reduced price & digital downloads is something he is looking into.

Please chill out guys - you are in danger of losing a valuable label releasing rare old tunes at this rate !!

Peace Out ;)

Jamie MoonWeeD

• Like 4

Please chill out guys - you are in danger of losing a valuable label releasing rare old tunes at this rate !!

So we're hostages now? Keep quiet, or there will be no new music? :)

All I'm asking for is good communication from the label (again - "preorder" thing and actual release date was only explained in this very forum, but missing from earlier e-mail and release page) and making the CD available on bandcamp (or psyshop, even). If asking those things puts the label in danger, then you should really reconsider why you're even doing it...

Plenty of quality new school now-a-days so Tal can take his god complex & his unreleased tunes and stick 'em where they belong. Customers first mate. It's the best way to run any business. His attitude & some of the comments by the other Israeli label Zion604 really make my stomach as a consumer turn.

My cash can elsewhere. I'd prefer you released the album digitally on Bandcamp yourself MoonWeed. As such I'll sadly not own it as I don't want my cash going to Tal in any form.

@Balance-Music - that's a bit too harsh, I don't want them (or anyone else for that matter) to vanish from the scene, just offering some advice on how to improve their business. For everyone reading my comments it should be clear that I do it because I care and love particular releases / label. Sorry, if it comes across differently :)

Plenty of quality new school now-a-days so Tal can take his god complex & his unreleased tunes and stick 'em where they belong. Customers first mate. It's the best way to run any business. His attitude & some of the comments by the other Israeli label Zion604 really make my stomach as a consumer turn.

My cash can elsewhere. I'd prefer you released the album digitally on Bandcamp yourself MoonWeed. As such I'll sadly not own it as I don't want my cash going to Tal in any form.

Yeah I think it's time for you to take a chill pill. Personal insults are a no-no.

I think there's many good suggestions here, let's just try to keep it level. As individuals we can always demand more and give constructive feedback but it doesn't take away that the work done is still great in general.

• Like 6

I"m not going to argue about his work BUT he insulted many ppl with attitude and his statements but got off with nor warning or comment yet I get slammed? Really?

i'm also lastly going to say that just because a business has a limited market and a person running abusiness claims they are basically running it on charity donations, no profit etc. does not mean they have the right to treat the customer poorly. I again say that his positng in this thread means he has for sure lost me as a customer.

From his attitude he couldn't care less what I think so why do you get upset?

I take back anything that was to personal, but if this was a brick & mortar music shop and he spoke to ppl in person like he did on here when questioned about why his business was runing so poorly then it would be a completely different situation.

Sitting at a desk with a computer makes us all feel tough but I tell you seriously he would not behave like this to customers in reality, unlike his behavior on here.

It sucks because far to many online businesses get away with treating customers like dirt because they know we cannot come and deal with it in person. And as soon as we get uppity on f#ckbook, twitter or a forum the defenders delte our posts or threaten us for breaking their rules as well.

Customers last seems the future for many companies and it really is starting to suck.

I"m not going to argue about his work BUT he insulted many ppl with attitude and his statements but got off with nor warning or comment yet I get slammed? Really?

i'm also lastly going to say that just because a business has a limited market and a person running abusiness claims they are basically running it on charity donations, no profit etc. does not mean they have the right to treat the customer poorly. I again say that his positng in this thread means he has for sure lost me as a customer.

From his attitude he couldn't care less what I think so why do you get upset?

I take back anything that was to personal, but if this was a brick & mortar music shop and he spoke to ppl in person like he did on here when questioned about why his business was runing so poorly then it would be a completely different situation.

Sitting at a desk with a computer makes us all feel tough but I tell you seriously he would not behave like this to customers in reality, unlike his behavior on here.

It sucks because far to many online businesses get away with treating customers like dirt because they know we cannot come and deal with it in person. And as soon as we get uppity on f#ckbook, twitter or a forum the defenders delte our posts or threaten us for breaking their rules as well.

Customers last seems the future for many companies and it really is starting to suck.

Dude, seriously? The guy is trying his best, with something that, as far as I can tell, is a hobby (and probably a personal passion). A hobby that competes for time with a real job/income, a family, a new baby, etc.

Ok, so he made a mistake. He also explained why, and offered to fix it.

Carrying on like this is not a good look, trust me

• Like 1

Ok, will get flamed for that but after I went through Anjuna Rec's VAs and Nervasystem's album and unable to resist the temptation, I acquired the Moonweed's album from ...ahem... other sources. :blush:

Swear to God, will buy it when it's available somewhere other than Anjuna Rec's site!

But, here's the question - is it my 'copy' or is the CD also terribly over-sharpened / saturated in terms of sound: the highs and mids are very loud, close to clashing / distorting and bass is relatively weak in comparison. Compared to Moonweed's tracks on Three-Om-Three and Lucid Flux the ones from album sound much louder, bordering on annoyingly unpleasant for headphone listening (95% of time for me). Hope it's just an issue with my 'copy', because otherwise the music sounds awesome (as expected). :wub:

Anyone?

Ok, will get flamed for that but after I went through Anjuna Rec's VAs and Nervasystem's album and unable to resist the temptation, I acquired the Moonweed's album from ...ahem... other sources. :blush:

Swear to God, will buy it when it's available somewhere other than Anjuna Rec's site!

But, here's the question - is it my 'copy' or is the CD also terribly over-sharpened / saturated in terms of sound: the highs and mids are very loud, close to clashing / distorting and bass is relatively weak in comparison. Compared to Moonweed's tracks on Three-Om-Three and Lucid Flux the ones from album sound much louder, bordering on annoyingly unpleasant for headphone listening (95% of time for me). Hope it's just an issue with my 'copy', because otherwise the music sounds awesome (as expected). :wub:

Anyone?

Hmmm

my copy is very organic (mastering wise).

have yet to compare them to lucis flux/three om three tho.

great album btw :)

snake charmer/celestial/spiral expansion

are freaking amaaaazing !

thank you :)

• Like 2

Hmmmmy copy is very organic (mastering wise).have yet to compare them to lucis flux/three om three tho.great album btw :)snake charmer/celestial/spiral expansionare freaking amaaaazing !thank you :)

Thanks a lot, but what do you mean by 'organic'? Is it about the sound, like e.g. Nervasystem or Orichalcum & The Deviant are organic, ot that the mastering is 'warm' and 'analogue'?

the bass isn't too heavy and the highs are a little bit harsh, but not out of the ordinary imho (unlike artha)... i find highs not much different than three om three or lucid flux, even if the bass is a little less obvious.

overall the mastering seems to be pretty good. micronesia is a cleaner and more spacious than previous versions (better the one on celtic records and much better than the one on destination goa 3).

the bass isn't too heavy and the highs are a little bit harsh, but not out of the ordinary imho (unlike artha)... i find highs not much different than three om three or lucid flux, even if the bass is a little less obvious.

overall the mastering seems to be pretty good. micronesia is a cleaner and more spacious than previous versions (better the one on celtic records and much better than the one on destination goa 3).

Ok, sounds like what I'm hearing as well. Too bad, because Anjuna Rec.'s releases so far were really well mastered - clear, balanced, preserving the detail that's so important in old-school organic sound. By all means Moonweed doesn't sound bad, just worse in comparison - wonder why is that? Is it because source material recording was of lower quality? Or are they using someone else to master the release?

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on it - I've erased the files, so get the CD on bandcamp already!!! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the album will be available form other sources too.

I bought their first releases directly from the label but I had serious problems receiving the CDs, maybe it was Italian post's fault, maybe a combination of things but either way, it has been very difficult for me to receive my purchases directly from the label.

The releases are solid, that is for sure, but I'd hope for a different distribution system, through Arabesque for example. The releases would be much more spread and easy to get, for everyone, that is just my 2 cents of course. Wish all the best to the label in any case.

Yes have to agree here. I realize life can get hectic, but in the end when you take people's money you are running a business. As a customer I expect timely delivery and for whatever reason this has not occurred. Full support to the label as their releases are fantastic; but it's now approaching two months and still no cds. That's unacceptable for any business model.

MDK

• Like 1

So were are we here? After 2 months pre-orders there are still (a lot of?) people without CD? On discogs currently only 12 people claim to have it, if you remove label owner, close people and fake (digital) additions the number is very low since a lot of active Goa-heads would have added this to collection.

After ordering it in early December I received an e-mail that it had been sent back to the label. A few weeks later I received a new email that it had now been mailed a second time. That was a week ago.

We shall see. It's not just Anjuna on my end. I'm still waiting for two CDs from Zion604. Usually they're great, but this time...maybe since the radical distortion album didn't come out since January 15th that's why it's taking so long. At least I got downloads from them.

Are you mad at me Israel?

MDK

• Like 1