MoonWeed - Voice Of Jupiter | Anjuna Records | ANJUNACD005

ask MYCEL opinion

Well, I'd rather ask people seemingly loving and supporting (i.e. - buying!) the music, than a group of selfish knobs, looking for a questionable 'fame' within the pirate scene...

Well, I'd rather ask people seemingly loving and supporting (i.e. - buying!) the music, than a group of selfish knobs, looking for a questionable 'fame' within the pirate scene...

There is considerable overlap. But concerning the original topic, I'd fancy a Bandcamp option too.

• 2 weeks later...

If only there was some site where you could get the download version immediately...

You again with your MYCEL advertising? What is wrong with people complaining they've not received what they paid for or can't purchase the CD they way they prefer?

Not at all Antic, some prefer to order from other partners around the world. that's totally fine ;)

Well, it is still very strange - you should care for people to buy directly from the label, to maximise profit for label and artists. I'm willing to give you benefit of the doubt, because I own and love all 4 previous releases from Anjuna Rec., but latest communication regarding Moonweed's album is really poor - starting from the 'release' and 'sale' that started 1 month before the album was even printed, through people reporting not receiving the CDs 3 weeks after they were supposedly sent, to total absence of the CD through other channels that people prefer (e.g. Bandcamp).

Hi Antic,

Indeed, out of 300 shipped copies 18 returned, that is statistically acceptable. although we are always looking for ways to improve our shipping methods and arrival time.

I care for anyone, otherwise i wouldn't be spending my time and efforts on releasing this music, compiling, producing, packing, shipping, building the website, investing money that you others can hold this music, so frankly, and i'm really being honest, I don't care though for people that flame, if one chooses to state that he is not buying directly from us, i'm fine with that, nothing personal at all. note that not every smile is cynical ;)

Small question, how can you declare that the album sale started 1 month before it was printed? which is quite wrong.

Beside that sorry if answering on emails is slow in the past 2 weeks, My child was born on 25th of December and I've been on/off feeding and replacing diapers since then :)

Peace, Tal.

• Like 3

Small question, how can you declare that the album sale started 1 month before it was printed? which is quite wrong.

Previous page - we could 'purchase' it starting beginning of Nov, but you only started sending it beginning of Dec.

But enough complaining. I checked the free 'samples' available on the net and will buy it immediately when it's up on Bandcamp, so please put it there! By limiting access to the CD only to your own website (and people getting the CD a month after it was sent) you really only push potential clients to -mycel and P2P sites. I always buy my music, but I know a lot of people are short on money and won't purchase it while it's already available "out there". Why can't you do like Zion604 does - I bought new Radical Distortion album on bandcamp 2 weeks ago, immediatelly d/l it and will get my CD after it's released on 15th Jan. If not that, at least make available both the CD and d/l at the same time.

Lastly, congrats on your child! :)

Not to be a complete ass but if your wife was expecting to give birth why not delay the release? I'm sure customers would've understood. Otherwise get somebody you can trust to do the mail outs on time? I know how hard kids are. I've got a 2.5 year old (currently very sick) & 3 month old, but some simple forward planning can go a long way. Anyway good luck with it all. Kids are hard work but worth it. Also don't forget they're a lot stronger than we think.

Your comments guys are really out of order.

You can chose rather you wish to buy directly or not. honestly. after reading your comments, I don't really care.

I personally shipped over 270 copies in 3 days. if that's the feedbacks I'm getting from you guys after my contribution to the trance scene, you should self-criticize yourself, try to put yourself in my shoes once and understand the huge effort being done here to keep this vibe alive.

Ps

Antic: you bought an album offered in preorder, you should read carefully next time what you buy. all our albums are offered this way for one month.

Peace,

Tal