MoonWeed - Voice Of Jupiter | Anjuna Records | ANJUNACD005

Dear Goa Heads,

Preorder avaiable through our website @ www.anjunarecords.com/shop/moonweed-voice-jupiter

We are very excited to announce about our next release, Moonweed's debut album: "Voice Of Jupiter"

He started making music back in 1991 after discovering the London Acid House party scene in 1988.
Loving the squelchy acid sound he soon discovered where that noise came from and sourced a TB-303 and some other essential analogue gear.
Whilst living in Brixton in the 90's he discovered Acid Techno and Goa Trance parties at the local clubs such as Return to the source & Ahisma etc....
His fist release 'Tempest' was under the name 'Salamander' on Platipus Records a full on Acid Techno tune.
The Goa influence had made its mark on him and in 1996 he released his first Goa track 'Prophecy' on Dragonfly, which would be the first of many Goa releases on various
Labels such as Phantasm, Psychic Deli, Celtic, Aquatech, VCF. He collaborated with Shakta and Tim Healey (pre-Quirk) and other acts such as OOOD.
An album at the time was not possible as he had released so many of his tracks on different Labels each label wanted to release it themselves so it is only now that it is finally being released on Anjuna Records.
MoonWeeD has always been a DJ also, Having his own party in Brixton in the 90's 'Journey Inside'.
Recently he's been performing in Belgium and Oslo Norway at the 'Love & Magic' Parties which he co-founded and various parties around Europe.

Tracklist:

1. Om Life

2. Aardvark

3. Prophecy

4. Micronesia (Feat. Shakta)

5. Spiral Expansion - MoonwOOOD remix (Feat OOOD)

6. Celestial (Feat Squid)

7. Telepath - Remix

8. [sh]It Happens

9. Snake Charmer

10. Voice Of Jupiter

All tunes were mastered by Tim Schuldt @ 4cn-studios, giving the album much fresher, intensive sound as never heard before.

Produced by: Tal Hazan (aurax)

Artwork by: Samuel Farrand

Release Date: 1/12/14

Limited T-shirt & Album Bundle through the following link: http://www.anjunarecords.com/shop/voice-jupiter-bundle/

TCDBUNDLE-600x600.jpg

Samples:

FRONT1-1024x1024.jpg

trifold1-1024x1024.jpg

Album-Disk-Label-600x600.jpg

C-_Users_aurax_Google-Drive_Anjuna_Album

Peace & Love,

Anjuna Records

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to hear the music. BUT. THAT. ARTWORK.

Sorry Anjuna, so far you had an amazing artworks. BUT THIS...

Vectorized Marijuana over the Moon with basic glows and top selection of 'alien fonts' from 1001 fonts.com. I think you can do better than this.

Moonweed is awesome. Shitty artwork.

I'll have to agree with Richpa with this one. Cover isn't the best, but otherwise I am very excited to hear this when it does come out!

Good news, everyone!© :D New goa-trance, especially from the oldies is always good news! By the way, about artwork, its isnt bad, just minimalistic style i think, get a chance for this ;) I like it! Waiting for!

Haha I think the artwork is so cheesy I actually like it. lol.

I'm confused though, are Micronesia and Perfect Invisibly one's with Shakta? And Perfect Invisibility was also released 4 years ago on a Suntrip compilation, so is that the same version?

• Like 1

Hi,

The artwork is not vectored ;) it's a drawing, and yes it's a bit cheesy. which is fine with us.

Every album has it's own unique artwork, the artist guides the designer by himself, we chose to give the artist this freedom.

Regarding your questions: Yes, Micronesia and Perfect Invisibility written with Shakta, freshly remastered and sounds quite brilliant.

Peace

• Like 1

Hiya guys, we had a lot of thought about the artwork in the recent hours, we consider your comments and we definitely like you all to be more happy and connected to all aspect of this release.

So let's expose another version for this album, which was not final but you'll get the direction, Jamie would love to hear your comments!

jupiter2.jpg

• Like 2

I also like the first version better. My advice is to devote more time to the work on the fonts. The artist title font looks generic with cheap green glow and too much of black stroke. The bottom gradient doesn't give enough of punch. I would rather see that one in different setting, perhaps warp the fonts a bit on the edges, get rid of the ugly strokes and glow and give it 3D shaping with bevel and emboss. After that apply gray to white gradient from bottom to top and texturize a bit the motifs from the bottom. I'm sure it will blend nicely with the rest of the image.

For what it's worth, my first thought when I saw the original cover was that it was really nice.

I also like the first version better. My advice is to devote more time to the work on the fonts. The artist title font looks generic with cheap green glow and too much of black stroke. The bottom gradient doesn't give enough of punch. I would rather see that one in different setting, perhaps warp the fonts a bit on the edges, get rid of the ugly strokes and glow and give it 3D shaping with bevel and emboss. After that apply gray to white gradient from bottom to top and texturize a bit the motifs from the bottom. I'm sure it will blend nicely with the rest of the image.

This dude knows some shit, so I guess you should listen to him re: fonts.

As far as the 2nd one is concerned, the tree is really nice, but if you were to use it I would get rid of the moon/planet/horizon.

Double it. First artwork is finished and complete, just work under the fonts. I mean it needs more unique and deep, be more "psychedelic". ;)

Maybe it's better to explain through the images. I hope you don't mind because I took freedom to explain my point through the image rework. The first version before the filtering and color-balancing:

1st:

2bceqh.jpg

2nd:

157f9cm.jpg

I didn't have time to properly explain the fonts, so I took just different kind of font that looks more marijuanish than the first one and applied the settings :)

• Like 1

Maybe it's better to explain through the images. I hope you don't mind because I took freedom to explain my point through the image rework. The first version before the filtering and color-balancing:

1st:

2bceqh.jpg

2nd:

157f9cm.jpg

I didn't have time to properly explain the fonts, so I took just different kind of font that looks more marijuanish than the first one and applied the settings :)

Yay on the font. I preferred the 1st render before filter - The deep emerald green needs to stay!

tbh, i like the original better than the one with richpa's fonts :D. (the style imho rather fits a forest in the background rather than outer space)

the more people comment here, the more completely different opinions you are going to hear ;)