"V/A - Timecode Anestetic"

Trance2MoveU

0DmBrV9.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Timecode Anestetic

Label: Timecode Records

Date: December, 2013

1. Rinkadink - Elements of Water

2. Deeper In Zen Vs. Mad Maxx - Rainbow Body State (Mekkanikka Mix)

3. Android Spirit - Scarface

4. Iliuchina - No Turning Back

5. D_Maniac - (Es)Cape Town

6. Orca & Shameless - Step Back

7. D_Maniac & A-Mush - Music & Fire

8. Phyx & Tryambaka - Item 9

9. Tickets - Deep Blue Ocean

10 Sick Addiction - Masked Addiction

11. Deedrah - Reload (Tickets Remix)

l69ty3I.jpg

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break 'em for no one, you understand?"

This explains a lot.

I like visiting old friends. You get to see how they're doing, relive past experiences, and see what's going on in their lives in the now. Timecode is just such a friend to whom I've been listening for about a decade. This label burst onto the scene with what we now know as the South African sound. Darkly atmospheric, laden with acid and bursting at the seams with bruising power. Revolutionary psytrance that continues to be copied today.

Their latest is a digital release and we see some old friends as well as some new ones. What you get is a mixed bag with equal parts fingernails on a chalkboard along with flashes of what made this label so iconic.

Rinkadink combines a house gro ove with Artifakt techno t hat grew on me with repeated listens Mekkanikka continues to offer his brand of sanitized ultra shiny f ull-on, but this one wasn't bad and actually grew on me as well. Scarface of course samples the movie and is one of those flashes. No Turning Back is also a powerful standout along with the too short Deep Blue Ocean by Tickets.

What was once the high school quarterback banging all the cheerleaders is now the balding middle aged guy selling insurance in the town he never left. There were some good tracks here that began to approach the label's heyday, , but they were offset by equally bad tracks that slammed that window shut. Some of the tracks were more of the commercial Nutek variety with incessant buildups and that whole increased bpm wind up thingy. The bombastic take no prisoners twilight insanity that they created is lacking on this compilation. Other labels seem to have surpassed them in delivering that night time craziness. Far from bad and being on life support, you might still want to look into some life insurance.

I know a guy.

Timecode Bandcamp

Mdk