Your Unpopular Opinion?

Shpongled247

A good example for me is Artifact303. In the world, TONS of great feedback, in Belgium everyone said it is mediocre/poor etc... I never managed to even get him booked here, except when I did it myself :P How can a country influence taste? Or is it the "hype" factor, or people talking to eachother,... It's curious :)

Interesting . Its not old-school , not even your typical new school that tries to be oldschool . Its complete new school with modern full on production that isnt cheezy but yet has that distinctive melodic quality which cant be called full on yet doesn't pass off as old school for a purist.

He is a billiant down-tempo musician too . This tune from Floating spirals is soooo chilled . My top downtempo tune from any artist ever. I could just listen to this forever ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-i6-KRhEQ

agreed. D5 is overrated

It's not :D

If I had to show someone who doesn't know goa-trance: what is goa-trance, I will probably give him Transdimensional or TransStellar :) That is for me like the DEFINITION of goa-trance! And on the dancefloor it is the ultimate bomb... :) Second Phaze is ultimate morning floating spiralling goa :)

It's soo weird how tastes can deffer...

about Artifact303, I love it, for sure, but well, that album proves me that a "(negative) hype" between some people can actually stop a release from being popular in a scene...

about Artifact303, I love it, for sure, but well, that album proves me that a "(negative) hype" between some people can actually stop a release from being popular in a scene...

Please do elaborate.

Please do elaborate.

Well,the Belgian case I mean... you have some people with a big mouth on several fora. If they "like" something, chances are big, it becomes a hype in Belgium, if they dislike, the opposite can happen. This is the example for the bad. Ah well...

• 1 month later...
Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

99.9% of all the "hands in the air" and full-on (pop trance) from 2002 and onwards. All the modern psy with machine gun basslines (al sounding the same - is it a preset?).

The full-on slowed down to 126 bpm pretending to be techno.

my 2 cents.

[...] All the modern psy with machine gun basslines (al sounding the same - is it a preset?). [...]

Thanks Kris!! Exactly this. Also, in my opinion many tracks from famous and popular producers are just overproduced. This applies for Hallucinogen, Prana, Asia 2001, Dimension 5 (!!), doesn't apply for Etnica, Koxbox, Astral Projection, MFG. They have tracks that seem overproduced as well in some parts, but it somehow makes sense within the actual tracks. Anyway, of course this is very subjective.

Hallucinogen - so far I have not got into it, he seems to be pretty hyped, perhaps thats why Im not a fan of Shpongle either, even though it might sound better to me now if I give it proper listen which I havent really.

Listened to LSD in recent days once - its good, but the rest of the album wasnt to my liking.

Then again, it took a while to get into IFO.

Took a while? You have 20.000+ posts and you haven't given Hallucinogen a proper listen yet? I suggest less posting and more listening! :D

No, but seriously... I ain't much of a fan either. You can't deny Posford's talents, but his style is a little too "humorous" for my tastes.

• Like 1

Haha, I just find it funny how you describe it as humorous. But I guess I can understand why some folks aren't a big fan, it did take me several listens to actually start enjoying his first album.

I feel the same way as you about E-mantra. Though i must admit there is alot of quality to it, it's some of the most psychedelic music i've ever heard. I've listened to it a bunch of times already but i still haven't gotten it, i reall hope i will some day :)

E-mantra psy downtempo on Altar Records is very good :)

http://altar.bandcamp.com/album/silence

http://www.altar-records.com/sanctuary.html