Your Unpopular Opinion?

Shpongled247

What a positive and constructive topic :)

Don't worry, the next one will be some variation of "your favourite tracks" (or "underrated tracks") again.

Interestingly, this type has far less YouTube spam. :lol:

What a positive and constructive topic :)

thanks for the reminder. i've never really liked trancelestial psychobabas, even though it apparently is considered the best elysium track (at least it's the most well known one) ;)

(subconsciousness is much better :) )

Interesting that it's my fav Elysium. I remember hearing it for the first time out in the Aussie bush in '98 at around 3am just mildly dosed enough to have some very pleasant fractal hallucinations & lose myself in that track. It was followed by Sandman End Of The World which just melted my mind so perfectly!

Interesting that it's my fav Elysium. I remember hearing it for the first time out in the Aussie bush in '98 at around 3am just mildly dosed enough to have some very pleasant fractal hallucinations & lose myself in that track. It was followed by Sandman End Of The World which just melted my mind so perfectly!

where abouts in 98?

you a victorian yeah??

Oh yeah and Astral Projection. Except for Mahadeva & Powergen all their stuff just bores the hell out of me for now.

oops yes mahadeva being the exception, listening to alot of old mixes lately with it in them, and it just never seems to get old

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

What a positive and constructive post.

I see you still got issues with Humor and irony :)

thanks for the reminder. i've never really liked trancelestial psychobabas, even though it apparently is considered the best elysium track (at least it's the most well known one) ;)

It's far from being my favorite tune too (of my own tunes). Mine is "Keep It Cool" and a new one coming soon ...

I have a lot:

X-Dream: Pretty much everything except some tracks pre Radio. Radio itself is a snoozefest for me.

Hallucinogen: He has some great tracks including two of my favourites, but most of them it's not my taste. I especially dislike his celtic melodies.

Shpongle: Not my taste at all. Not a fan of this style in general.

Juno Reactor: Feel The Universe excluded I can't stand anything by this group.

E-Mantra: The bass is awesome, the synths are awesomes, the atmosphere is awesome, yet all you have to do is to listen to the first minute and you know how the rest of the track will be. I will give everything to hear a full power, twisted, full melodic track by him, filled with twists and turns.

Ra: The same with E-Mantra. Actually all the floating new school Goa.

All Prog: Including classics like Atmos, Son Kite, Freq etc. I just don't get it.

1200 Mics: I mean the debut album. What's the big deal?

Yeah, lets go against Kristian :D

After Celestial Sounds & Tribal Beats i don't enjoy almost nothing i thing but first releases aaaah. Monzoon, Master of the rainforest, Keep it cool, Wild dance on naked feet, but Subconsciousness i found one of best and most hypnotic goa tracks ever!

Speaking of Elysium i got Orion on my mind too, i don't know did i ever liked one of his tracks. Not counting Sheyba stuff...

Then Oforia, Psychaos (maybe just few tracks are ok for me), Hallucinogen (i love only Twisted), SUN project, X-Dream (not inculding E-rection remix, Our own happiness and Psychoactivity), UX (im not hating it, but how to describe it?), GNOTR and Chakra (just few good tracks)... too much 'hate' :lol:

where abouts in 98?

you a victorian yeah??

where abouts in 98?

you a victorian yeah??

Victorian yes. Don't know exact details. An old ex-friends (lost touch over time) family farm out bush somewhere. We used to throw small parties every weekend mostly invite only. Then Sundays another friend owned a cafe in Collingwood where I ran a Sunday midday-midnight chill out/non-4x4 event. I used to play sets using my parents old classical, 70's psychedelia & movie soundtrack vinyls. Each dj got 3 hours. It was fun for a few years. Then I moved to Japan for 3-4 years.

Suntrip music (exept the super amazing artifakt303 album and Khetzal and first 3 filteria's albums)

aaaaaaaaaaaand : Dimension 5

i alwase found it generic and well....crap tbh.

1200 Mics: I mean the debut album. What's the big deal?

the drug samples of course ;)

aaaaaaaaaaaand : Dimension 5

i alwase found it generic and well....crap tbh.

what? have you considered going to a therapist for that? ;)

On 5/27/2014 at 10:12 PM, Dolmot said:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/67117-classic-tracks-that-you-think-are-nothing-special/

But OK... E-Rection - Out Here We Are Stoned is a shitty, pointless, ungroovy and forgettable track. It absolutely shouldn't be on like 15 compilations and mix CDs.

Haha yes i do agree.

About E-mantra, I like his style, i think it's very unconventional and psychedelic that's why i like it but i can understand some don't.

About old school artist, always the same list for me:

The infinity project

Doof

Electric Universe

The infinity project released loads of track, i'm not saying they are bad but none is unforgettable, my favourite being probably The world of the acid dealer. I guess TIP is more famous for the label anyway ?

Doof, i can't get the hype, it's personal taste of course, the music is just boring ..nothing to add really

Electric Universe, as i do recognize the talent, he produced way too many fillers IMO. One can also say that about Miranda, honestly Miranda's music is like 80% of fillers for me.

About current artists: Filteria of course.

Lost in the wild is a brilliant album, that changed my opinion about Filteria but everything released before this was not my cup of tea at all.

I wish Chi-A.D. had kept up the style he had around the Anno Domini album. Everything from that period (99-01) is so dark, spacy and gooood. I could care less about anything he did before or after, barring a couple of tracks.

I don't like any of Filteria's or E-Mantra's albums. I try to 'get' them from time to time, but they still sound random and unmemorable to me.

I don't like AP - Trust In Trance or IM - The Gathering all that much.

I think Brainman/Einstein is a misunderstood genius. :wub: And someone who prefigured a lot of later psytrance styles.

I don't like 99% of the music on Ektoplazm.

Edited by Earwall

It's always curious to see how the mechanism of love/don't love works. And i'm always wondering what influences it :)

A good example for me is Artifact303. In the world, TONS of great feedback, in Belgium everyone said it is mediocre/poor etc... I never managed to even get him booked here, except when I did it myself :P How can a country influence taste? Or is it the "hype" factor, or people talking to eachother,... It's curious :)

Many of the names written I CAN understand (Filteria being too loud, too much climaxes), E-Mantra (too psychedelic/subtle) although the albums of these artists were always winners on psynews "best of" and generally feedback wise. So probably this topic just attracts the "non lovers".

For me the nr.1 for sure:

UX (too loud/Screamy, never liked it, it's like rock-trance)

I don't like 99% of the music on Ektoplazm.

I think that's no longer an unpopular opinion per se but just being picky. Nowadays we can afford that because there are thousands of oldschool and modern releases out there, even for free. In fact, there's more than we can practically browse through. Even after I limit the selection to my favourite subgenres and releases that have got some acclaim, I regularly end up deciding that it's not worth it to download the bits for free. Being that picky does not make one a cool guy or a connoisseur, though. It's more like unfortunate or possibly a sign of abundance.

There's just no way around the fact that only one release in ten can be in the top 10%, and one in a hundred in the top 1%. And if 1% is so much that it can fill our waking hours, we can afford declaring the rest "bad" or "unremarkable", no matter how good it really was. (Don't ask how to measure that objectively...)

• Like 1

It's always curious to see how the mechanism of love/don't love works. And i'm always wondering what influences it :)

A good example for me is Artifact303. In the world, TONS of great feedback, in Belgium everyone said it is mediocre/poor etc... I never managed to even get him booked here, except when I did it myself :P How can a country influence taste? Or is it the "hype" factor, or people talking to eachother,... It's curious :)

that's really strange. artifact303 is something that's universally liked in my circle of friends. even the fullon-head that has asked me to turn off oldschool goa multiple times thinks it's good music.

the only thing i can think of is that the melodies are sometimes a bit trancier (which i like) and more "commercial" (still miles away from the border when that becomes a bad thing) sounding than usual...

maybe that's also why the remixe between artifact303 and e-mantra turn out to be so great with the subtle atmosphere of e-mantra and the memorable melodic content from artifact303 ;)