Your Unpopular Opinion?

Shpongled247

Which artists or maybe just tracks even do you not find special, that it seems everyone else raves about?

*Note this is nothing personal to the artists, its just one persons opinion after all, not everyone can like everything :)

Mine, well its E Mantra.

As much of a Suntrip fan as I am, and I really do love just about everything they have ever released, he is the only one that doesn't "fit" my style i guesss.

I find he doesn't go anywhere with his melodies, and the tracks all kind of blend into one for me. I have never "got it" with his sound and i have tried and tried.

Who knows though, i now like some other stuff i never liked before, so i may love it in a few years.

I feel the same way as you about E-mantra. Though i must admit there is alot of quality to it, it's some of the most psychedelic music i've ever heard. I've listened to it a bunch of times already but i still haven't gotten it, i reall hope i will some day :)

With Goa stuff, I pretty much like them all it's just whether I'm in the right mood for the artist or not.

But there's one artist which I always have a conflict with and that's Psilocybian. I like his stuff but then I dislike some of his other stuff. I'm not sure exactly why it is. I think it may be because there isn't always a melody or that it is mostly bass sounds with effects with some of his tracks. Eh, but I'm a pretty open person anyways so I usually get used to most stuff.

That's very on topic. :lol:

I hate their "a moon in your window" track: sucks like hell!!! :ph34r:

no way. if there's one etnica that that absolutely sucks, then it's party droid. just listen to the irritating melody at 7:00. sounds like a broken party horn and the melody is completely pointless. :)

for suntrip artists i never liked radical distortion. crossing mind is also at best pretty average apart from cyclone in your heart, hydrophobic visions and not even a handful others.

e-mantra on the other hand is something i've fallen in love with at the first listen :)

edit: oh, yes: total eclipse with very few exceptions.

edit: oh, yes: total eclipse with very few exceptions.

Same! I also don't like darker goa or less melodic one... example Sandman, Xenomorph...

As you said nothing personal to the artists or labels here, it's just matter of taste... i can't dig most of Cronomi tracks. Not saying that are not good quaility but in taste totally different from what i love. Artha, Portamento, M-run. I probably listened to them once and probably never again if i can choose for example. But some tracks are killaaaah (like Skazi) and favs all time, like Expert on Humans and Holocron :)

Same for Anjuna Records, most of stuff. But i do respect their efforts for people and scene!

Radical Distortion - i love those guys and their music, most tracks but can't dig same scale used in some tracks like Etnica. Same for Morphic Resonance. Same for some of Filteria tracks :D

It's enough for now, more 'hate' to come soon :lol:

I like Nitzhonot :P

Me too. Specially if is russian with folk attributes and speeches from cartoons! :D

As much as this topic won't be pleasent for everyone i think it's very cool idea to see how people like/dislike known guys! :)

Sandman, Xenomorph...

agreed.

Artha, Portamento, M-run

i feel the same about m-run, but portamento is quite good and artha is a genius ;)

just though of another one. toï doï, i just don't get that music.

Lmao, I just gave it a listen and you're totally right. It reminds me of that "flute drop"-track that Rotwang posted in "WHEN WILL THE BASS DROP"-thread. :D :P :lol:

:D

I feel that some (not all) of Filteria's tracks are too much, and by that I mean that they are not necessarily bad, even though many of the melodies sound very "random" as in they don't seem to go anywhere specific, to me sometimes they even sound a little nitzho (I really hate nitzhonot). I just think he could sit down and tweak his formula a little bit. I know he's able to do that, because he's an outstanding producer.

i used to think the same. when sky input came out (and i was in search of good melodic music which was scarce at the time), i thought it was crap and would rather listen to some standard morning fullon instead :ph34r:

it has taken a lot of time, but i've since discovered the genius of his music :D

I also fall in to the group of not liking IM at all, not even the earlier works. Toi Doi too is a weird style I couldn't get into, though there are a couple of tracks that rock my boat like Nuage D'encens. Same goes for Sandman.

I've never quite gotten into Filteria. Most of it is too "in your face" to me, continuous, maximal wall of sound. After listening to a few tracks, I bought Heliopolis, and didn't listen to it more than a couple times. Most of his music gives me listening fatigue quickly.

Or I could restate the opinion to say that I feel his music has gotten better over time, and I've seen the exact opposite opinion stated here in the past.

I also quickly fell out of love with the Mindsphere album, which gets rave reviews here. I think I only listened to it once all the way through right after I got it. It never even enters my mind anymore.

Another is that I don't like most goa/psy album artwork. The only artwork I actually like is, for instance, Portamento's "The Portal" or E-Mantra's "Nemesis".

• Like 1

E-mantra for me too. The first few albums were pretty good and then with every new release i didnt notice any innovation or new ideas. Everything sounds the same . Even Filteria sometimes . Ok signature sound is one thing but i would really look up to an artist if he destroyed that perception or rather that possibility of what one would expect them to sound like .. CM went down with his latest track on ten trips , very weak track.The melody reminded me of some pop song . Massive respect for anyone that knows what im talking about. I think the video has some children singing "We are not going to get ya " or something...

I've never quite gotten into Filteria. Most of it is too "in your face" to me, continuous, maximal wall of sound. After listening to a few tracks, I bought Heliopolis, and didn't listen to it more than a couple times. Most of his music gives me listening fatigue quickly.

Agree. I haven't gone back to Lost in the wild again. Its as if you dont have the time to breathe while listening to some of his tracks which could be a good thing under certain circumstances. You really have to be in the right mood for Filteria.

But OK... E-Rection - Out Here We Are Stoned is a shitty, pointless, ungroovy and forgettable track. It absolutely shouldn't be on like 15 compilations and mix CDs.

You should hear Imba's remix from the Ten Spins compilation, it cleans things up real nice and focuses more on the catchy melody rather than the messy chaos that the original swims in.

• Like 1

Etnica - i can't dig their scale

Thanks for saying it, I was just reading the "Live In Athens" reviews and felt like the minority since I don't see the point. I do very much enjoy "Alien Protein" though.

My pick would be Filteria, too chaotic for my tastes. I used to feel the same about E-Mantra but his work makes more and more sense to me as time goes on. His remix of Crossing Mind, being the most recent example of his work, is superb, really loving that track, a great meeting of two great producing minds.

Suntrip. I'm sorry but 98% of their releases (I own on cd) I just get bored of halfway through. Blacklight Moments is the only release I thoroughly enjoy. On the other hand I find Sita & Timewarp to be the exact opposite. Pure listenable quality with more than enough variety to keep one interested. Also have to say in the Chillout side of things I find Aleph Zero to be extremely predictable & cheesey except for Shulman and Ooze reissue.

I also don't like darker goa or less melodic one... example Sandman, Xenomorph...

+1

I think it doesn't work for me because the focus is mostly on weird effects and not enough melody (they don't have to be in my face but a little nod would be welcome - that's why Darshan's first LP is positively excluded from the bunch ;) ). I couldn't get into Hux Flux or Double Dragon especially. Most of the times it's better to move on instead of trying to force-listening and waiting for the dazzle to come, just because the others had the epiphany.

E-mantra for me too. The first few albums were pretty good and then with every new release i didnt notice any innovation or new ideas. Everything sounds the same .

I know what You're saying, listening to E-Mantra I always imagine a spaceship flying on and on and on...

People seem to praise Alienapia's album, but to me it's too loud too much and at the same time (furiously barking dog on a leash comes to mind).

Also Asia 2001, I know this guy has lots of fans, but 95% of his work doesn't do much for me.