WHATS GOING ON AT OVNIMOON HEADQUARTERS!

technosomy

If you go to psyshop new releases page, have a look how many albums that have been released recently!

on the main page i count 6 out of 20... dig further recent alot more

don't have time to sit through the samples lately, alot what i have heard sounding good.

thoughts psy freaks?

is there quality in this abundance!

just chewin the fat.....otherwise

:ph34r:

I sampled V/a Heart of Goa 2 and dont think there is quality the way there was in the first release. Ovnimoon are focusing too much on quantity and that's not a good thing.

Definitely not quality...

Although Ovnimoon himselfs release is quite good sure.

I always find it a little suspicious when full on/prog artists churn out album after album, putting out like one every year or so... Just.. How much work went into that? How much have you grown as an artist and improved in that time? How much new creativity/sounds are injected in the next release?

The answer usually, upon listening for me, is Zero. Nada. Nilch. None.

I think its great when an artist takes their time to hone their craft, and not rush things out just to get played on the next festival circuit... :/

1st of all Ovnimoon records is not focused on one style, like most of major labels. You can find it chill, full on, prog, some night stuff even. That's why theres more music to relese.

2ndly You can find there anthologies (Necton, Spirit Architect, Meller.....), compilations based mostly on tracks already released years ago.

3rd I've heard most of catalogue & I can't say something is bad there. Lot of releases are way better then releases from leading other labels.

I could point lot of artists, releases from there I love their music & thank to this label I had a chance to listen.

The other thing is geomagnetic lbl, only small percent of music released there I find good, for me most of it is not listenable, but I guess it's a matter of taste.

Also Timewarp sublabel - very necesarry thing as it was mentioned before.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they're doing themselves any favours by releasing so many CDs.

I like quite a lot of their releases tbh, but can't afford to buy all the ones I'd like, as well as everything I want from other labels! You hardly get time to give one comp. a good airing before Vol.2 is hitting the market!

It's good that they offer a variety of styles and do it well in the main, but one bad thing I've noticed of late (especially on Heart Of Goa Vol.2) is that I've already got some of the tracks on other releases of theirs.

I don't mind so much if they are giving you a taste of an artist by including a tune of their album - it might encourage you to buy it, but having the same track on more than one V.A. is a bit lame.

https://soundcloud.com/geocd092

This kind of promotion really makes my toes curl up :P (or however u say that in english).

Each Geomagnetic/Ovnimoon release appearently has its own profile in soundcloud. And all of the tracks uploaded over there seem to be overloaded with comments, likes and shares from... other Geomagnetic releases-profiles.

Very poor and unhonest promotion imho :/

This kind of promotion really makes my toes curl up :P (or however u say that in english).

Each Geomagnetic/Ovnimoon release appearently has its own profile in soundcloud. And all of the tracks uploaded over there seem to be overloaded with comments, likes and shares from... other Geomagnetic releases-profiles.

Wow that's actually pathetic.

No payment, just per 1-2 copies with 4 months delay... i recieved Colors of Goa few days ago (released: 21th february) and only one copy.

Well, what can I say, that's why I ask for money (regarding the artworks). They still owe me copies of Colors Of Goa and The Call Of Goa tho and I haven't got anything yet in my mailbox.

shit this is really insane, I saw this EDM releases many time from them on soundcloud with huge amount of comments, likes etc...but never actually go direct on that releases and zoom it to see from how they are..now I see :wacko:

No payment, just per 1-2 copies with 4 months delay... i recieved Colors of Goa few days ago (released: 21th february) and only one copy.

Somnesia is disappointed like some other artist because they send to him bunch of random CDs from Geomagnetic catalog with not so much actually Goatrance CD releases, most of CDs are progressive, psychedelic etc.. and he dont like it, it is not the money Imba he know what was deal like you and all artist.... you got less because you sign different contract your track is free you have all rights...I dont need to tell you situation about the money and goa trance you know it all very good... :D

I received also wrong package with bunch of this CDs what I dont listen, all I can do now is try to sell or trade them if possible on Discogs etc... :ph34r:

I know this really sucks what you guys need to wait so much for your CDs, I'm working hard with them to change that if possible and some other staff, I guess they have to much releases and only few people working on it....I also know they have some mistakes dealing with Timewarp artist and I'm hoping they will fix it soon, I'm trying my best to get as much as possible better deal for artist...

Well, what can I say, that's why I ask for money (regarding the artworks). They still owe me copies of Colors Of Goa and The Call Of Goa tho and I haven't got anything yet in my mailbox.

Sorry again Ivan for waiting so much like all other, I explained situation, as you know CDs are on the way they said :) ...and you got the money fast for cover right? that is good...also I give to you and all artist master wav from compilation so you can enjoy it until CDs arrive :))

The legend says that geomagnetic paid someone for music. ;)

At last they're honest with it. we don't give You money only a package of geomagnetic shitty cds for sale. Sales are under 100, rest is given away, thats a good deal for the lbl according that production of one copy is less then 1$

costs are more then 1$, but ok... :P

I starts to become insane we still pay artists a (as fair as possible) price @ Suntrip it seems :P Next release on our label Imba & Co, we give you cds! ;) (nono, don't worry) :D

big respect to labels who can pay artist with cash...Suntrip rec, Global Sect and few other are really rare labels who do that :excl: but it would be also nice if label could promise artist few good gigs in return for his music, for me it is also excellent deal :)

big respect to labels who can pay artist with cash...Suntrip rec, Global Sect and few other are really rare labels who do that :excl: but it would be also nice if label could promise artist few good gigs in return for his music, for me it is also excellent deal :)

Well, The best is to combine all I think :) But I agree, for an artist who wants some financial reward for his work... Parties are the only solution! But that also means you have to be known somehow :) But ok, you are by now :D You just played in Belgium and will play on the 10 year Suntrip festival in Croatia!! :D

Well, The best is to combine all I think :) But I agree, for an artist who wants some financial reward for his work... Parties are the only solution! But that also means you have to be known somehow :) But ok, you are by now :D You just played in Belgium and will play on the 10 year Suntrip festival in Croatia!! :D

I just hope that one day I will be well known as my friend Imba :D

• Like 1