Best of Goa-Trance series

Anoebis

Goa is over 20 years old in the mean time. Time to have a retrodelic look! For this I dug in my huge cd & vinyl collection and decided to make a mix for every year for the period 1994-2014 to show the "new" generation of goa people how goa-trance evolved, and never really died ;)

The first mix is about 1994. Have a look, a listen, a free download in WAV quality and make sure to buy the music if you like it!

1. 2 Puissance 30 - Transpyramid Express (Psychic Lovers Remx) - Step 2 House Records

2. Temple of Dreams - Return to Forever - Phantasm Records

3. Man With No Name - Evolution - Concept in Dance Records

4. Hallucinogen - LSD - Twisted Records

5. Total Eclipse - Transparant Mind - TIP Records

6. Technossomy - Electron Bender (Willie Rmx) - Platipus Records

7. Doof - Double Dragons - Dragonfly Records

8. Shanti Druid - Insectattraction - Celtic Records

9. Aural Traxx - Brainworm - Aural Satisfaction

10. Prana - Indigo (Rmx) - Matsuri Records

11. X-Dream - This - Tunnel Records

12. Dazzle Pulse - Discourse - Trust in Trance Records

13. The Overlords - Gods eye on Goa - Zoo Entertainment

14. Blue Planet Corporation - Overbloody flood - UFK Records

For download:

https://soundcloud.com/anoebis/anoebis-the-history-of-goatrance-1994

For listening on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8jO1A3MmlQ

Super like!!! whats the tune around the 55 minute mark???!!! just too good ... ;))))))

e. got it .. prana!!! massive tune :wub:

Heh, a goa yearmix. :)

The timing reminds me of the origins of genre names topic. Namely, after a lot of digging, the earliest reference to "goa trance" as a description of music on any release I managed to find was Concept in Dance - The Digital Alchemy of Goa Trance Dance, a US version of a UK compilation in 1994*. Obviously plenty of earlier references to Goa (the place) can be found, and many trance releases were retroactively assigned to the genre, but where was the term first used? Can you find other CDs/vinyls, promo sheets, party posters or anything similar using those particular words together to describe the music? It might be that the term is exactly 20 years old this year but maybe not? I'd be happy to find more examples of its origin. Good timing for a series, nevertheless. And nice selection. :)

(* You could also argue that in this case it should be read as "trance dance from Goa" and not "Goa trance" but who knows. There's a literal "goa trance" there and it's good enough for me.)