Summer Time!

Robbelaar

As it is almost June, the festival season is almost about to begin! I can't freaking wait, last year I only had two weeks of holidays as I needed money and my friends and I didn't do a festival tour as the Tasty Tonka's (our mobile festival restaurant). This year we won't be having a festival tour either... But I quit my job to travel again!

So from july I will be on the road again. I am looking forward to partying. I will be going to Freqs of Nature, Balkan Goa Fanatics, Momento Demento and Lost Theory. Four festival in one month, just the way I like it :D

I will looking forward to dance to Megalopsy (loved them at the Odyssee), Procs (day & night set!), Filteria, Kasshyykk (never heard him live, has got a few good tracks) Will O Wisp, Orestis and Zik at Freqs of Nature!

The weekend after that is Balkan Goa Fanatics. Holy Cow! This going to be bliss! All Goa festival! I need only one addition to the line up: Crossing Mind. Open air. Hypnotropic 2014. Hopefully some of my friends from Holland will be there...

Then Momento Demento. Last year everybody was raving about that festival. Beautiful location, underground music (so forest and psytrance I guess?). Derango is playing there. I hope he won't be as evil as last year on Midgard Festival, damn that was some triiipppppppy stuff ;-)

Last planned stop: Lost Theory. I have been there the first two times and missed last years edition. This year there is a lot and I mean a lot of dark planned and not so much Goa :S Too bad, luckily I planned to go to Connection and Steve-O is organizing BGF. Osom will be there though! I hope they will play the last day. Kindzaza, Psykovsky and then Osom. Rrrrrrr! Expecting a lot from Transwave too, never had the chance to see them live. Hopefully they will deliver!

I will be missing SUN festival... That Ultimae chill line up is pure bliss. Next year though, next year!

Anyway this post is getting to long. My question to you all is this: what are you doing this summer? Which festivals are you attending to? What acts are you most forward looking to listen to?

Boom!

Then Momento Demento. Last year everybody was raving about that festival. Beautiful location, underground music (so forest and psytrance I guess?). Derango is playing there. I hope he won't be as evil as last year on Midgard Festival, damn that was some triiipppppppy stuff ;-)

cya there ;) and there isn't much forest on MODEM - some single acts, but it's mainly underground fullon, night- and darkpsy

S.U.N. Festival: Bumbling Loons, Etnica, Filteria, Hallucinogen, Hallucinogen In Dub by Ott, Hux Flux, James Monro - The Untold Story,

Man With No Name, Pleiadians, Prana Dj set, Shakta, Slinky Wizard, Vibrasphere, X-Dream retro set by Jan Muller

+ the chillout is toooo many to list here ;)

Connection Festival, Spain.... in October

really looking forward to Freqs of Nature

I am also going to Fusion, which keeps its line-up secret. but they always have artists on the psy stage. saw Frogacult there two years ago, totally unexpected. hopefully more good surprises this year

I am wondering if I should go to Azura festival in Hungary. I can afford going there and I like the landscape of Hungary. I am just wondering whethere there are flaslights and cameras on a festical, which can irritate my eyes. Otherwise I can imagine going to the festival.

S.U.N. Festival: Bumbling Loons, Etnica, Filteria, Hallucinogen, Hallucinogen In Dub by Ott, Hux Flux, James Monro - The Untold Story,

Man With No Name, Pleiadians, Prana Dj set, Shakta, Slinky Wizard, Vibrasphere, X-Dream retro set by Jan Muller

+ the chillout is toooo many to list here ;)

Connection Festival, Spain.... in October

Yeah I haven't looked at the line up from SUN that much, but it is looking great! You think Etnica will play oldschool? James Monro - The Untold Story, what is that suppose to mean?

really looking forward to Freqs of Nature

I am also going to Fusion, which keeps its line-up secret. but they always have artists on the psy stage. saw Frogacult there two years ago, totally unexpected. hopefully more good surprises this year

Always wanted to go to Fusion, but every year I forget about that festival until it is to late :P They have that lotto for tickets, right?

I am wondering if I should go to Azura festival in Hungary. I can afford going there and I like the landscape of Hungary. I am just wondering whethere there are flaslights and cameras on a festical, which can irritate my eyes. Otherwise I can imagine going to the festival.

I guess you mean Ozora? I don't think that is the place to be for you radi... It is a huge festival with thousands of people and lot of Iphones, camera's and flashlights. You seem like a too sensitive person to handle this festival. You like Goa, you should go to Balkan Goa Fanatics. It is small, no stress there.

cya there ;) and there isn't much forest on MODEM - some single acts, but it's mainly underground fullon, night- and darkpsy

The cool thing about this festival is that I don't know anything of the line-up. Except for the few forest acts :P See you there, feel free to say hello and share.

The cool thing about this festival is that I don't know anything of the line-up. Except for the few forest acts :P See you there, feel free to say hello and share.

That's what I love too.:D They replace about 70% of their lineup every year, always trying to bring fresh new stuff and the artists they come up are just awsome usually :D

le sigh

You darned Europeans...your whole continent is pretty much the size of my state, and y'all got so many festivals within a train ride...

Woe is me.

:(

;)

The distances in europe seem short only in the first place. In reality they are not short, because to travel those distances is pretty expensive and you have to pass many borders. Many european countries are as small as 250 x 250 kilometers. Europa is anything like one big country with same standards everywhere. It is very diverse and has the richest countries on this planet and some very poor countries aswell.

Robbelaar,

Why is Ozora festival not a good idea for me? I don´t care about the Iphones, I can avoid them. The question is, are there lots of cameras and flashlights?

le sigh

You darned Europeans...your whole continent is pretty much the size of my state, and y'all got so many festivals within a train ride...

Woe is me.

:(

;)

Wait what? What state are you living in? Alaska or something?

Robbelaar,

Why is Ozora festival not a good idea for me? I don´t care about the Iphones, I can avoid them. The question is, are there lots of cameras and flashlights?

As I said it think you are a too sensitive person for the chaos that Ozora is. Have you ever been to psytrance festivals?

are you kidding? :D

ozora-night.jpg

those big festivals are more like living inside an iPhone while someone tries to shot you with a laserpointer

I don´t care about light decoration, that is very important and is part of the party, it´s called light show. I was referring to camera flashlights but I guess people use the flash to take pictures there.

I don´t care about light decoration, that is very important and is part of the party, it´s called light show. I was referring to camera flashlights but I guess people use the flash to take pictures there.

You are worried about the iPhone flashlights, but not about the 2000mW laser above the stage and the x KW spotlights left and right? :D Think you will be safe, there so no danger to notice a single iPhone flash inside this sea of lights

You are worried about the iPhone flashlights, but not about the 2000mW laser above the stage and the x KW spotlights left and right? :D Think you will be safe, there so no danger to notice a single iPhone flash inside this sea of lights

Not only Iphone but general strong camera flashlights.

Not only Iphone but general strong camera flashlights.

Lasers are 10x stronger than camera flash imo. I never been on party/fest bigger than 1.5k people but i think it would be great experience. If you have money you should go and socialize more, meet new friends and make connections :)

and made out. Sorry. It just seemed the logic fantasy outcome.

Anyway so jealous. Winter is starting here in Australia & no festivals. One day I hope these festivals will still be going & although I'll be entering Raja Ram's age range I'd like to attend a few. 55 year olds would be welcome at such gigs yeah?

and made out. Sorry. It just seemed the logic fantasy outcome.

Anyway so jealous. Winter is starting here in Australia & no festivals. One day I hope these festivals will still be going & although I'll be entering Raja Ram's age range I'd like to attend a few. 55 year olds would be welcome at such gigs yeah?

For sure, I think psytrance has a pretty strong fanbase and I still see new people joining the scene.

although I'll be entering Raja Ram's age range I'd like to attend a few. 55 year olds would be welcome at such gigs yeah?

IIRC, 55 years old is significantly younger than Raja Ram.

S.U.N festival and a small road trip of the Balkans for me (Albania, Montenegro, Croatia). There are 3 or 4 small festivals in Greece this summer but I don't really care about going to any of them, I'd rather spend the weekend at the beach or maybe have some good old commercial hedonism at Mykonos with all the gay ppl.

Maybe Connection in October and I'm definetly going to the annual Twisted reccords event at the end of October. Would love to go to the "Return to the source" 21st Bday at the first of August but flights are too expensive that time of the year.

• Like 1