Jaja is similar to astral projection

radi6404

So Jaja is a band which I never gave really much attention to but I think I should have. The album Blue Energy, to which I listened recently, is a nice and happy album and partly really reminds of Astral Projection. I have not read often that Jaja is similar to Astral Projection but I find it pretty similar at some parts. They used similar sounds and the vibrating of the synths is also very similar. Only few bands use key vibrating on the synths and I don´t even know how that is created. Besides being similar to Astral Projection the tracks are pretty good and have a very high production quality. Stereo image, Bass, heights, midds, they all sound very balanced. I like that a lot and think I should check more Jaja albums.

Oh and I wanted to add, besides the good goa trance tracks at the first places, the album Blue Energy contains one of the best and most powerful ambient tracks I´ve ever heart. After the rain is so beautiful, so melancholic, it is really as seeing the world from above, it is also very dramatic and dark. The dark atmosphere after the intro is so impressive, probably the best parts of ambient music I have ever heart. the melody is so dark as if the beautiful atmosphere was destroyed, it is almost scary, as if they show the beautiful world in a documentary and then how it get´s changed by people, but eventually becomes good again in the third part. This is really music I want to listen to. It is much more impressive as most other ambient tracks.

Jaja has some great ambient tracks.

If you like Jaja then check out some of her great free stuff on Ektoplazm http://www.ektoplazm.com/artist/jaja

Similar to Astral Projection, well they both produce sounds that are audible so I guess they could be similar.

I am also a big fan of Jaïa who was labelled as Jaja on the Yellow Sunshine Explosion compilation Goa - Neo Full On which I assume you have and mistook the name from there. Blue Energy/Blue Synergy is a great double album. Mai Mai is one of my all time favourite tracks. Wonderfull melodic stuff.

• Like 1

I was so confused why Jaia was being labeled as Jaja when I saw the name Blue Energy. :lol:

What has he been doing all these years now?

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Never thought of Jaia as similar to Astral. Oh well each to his own. Are there any debates on this forum that does not debate the usual artists such as Astral etc. I think the topic Astral is kind worn out :)

This is hilarious :)

mixing up Jaja and Jaia first of all and then some people recommending stuff from both artists ;).

Abasio obviously recommended you something great from Jaja, but also Jaia has ambient stuff, so to sum it up, listen to both Radi.

Finally Jaia is one top notch talented producer who did marvelous outside of reality pure goa in the 90s, some killer ambient in the 00s together with excellent melodic progressive trance.

A talented producer, without any doubt, but I don't feel it has a connection with Astral Projection.

So which track specifically is similar to AP radi ?

The only vibrating synth you are talking about could be in BRAINSTORM and could be similar to the one used in STILL ON MARS ? that's the only similarity i can find.

So which track specifically is similar to AP radi ?

The only vibrating synth you are talking about could be in BRAINSTORM and could be similar to the one used in STILL ON MARS ? that's the only similarity i can find.

I heart vibrating synths on other Jaia tracks aswell on the Blue Energy album. And Astral Projection used them on many tracks, for example Flying into a Star or Cosmic Accension and many many more. The main lead of After the rain also sounds similar to Astral Projection sounds.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Radi you really need to get out in the World and listen to different kind of music. You are stuck in a Astral loop.