World Cup 2014 - BRAZIL

Richpa

The referee was pretty bad for both sides. He allowed a lot of hard fouls without cautions, which helped the home team (Brazil).

Still believe Germany's gonna take it. Argentina hasn't been good at all.

It's possible that we see a European final. GER v NED

The referee was pretty bad for both sides. He allowed a lot of hard fouls without cautions, which helped the home team (Brazil).

I think he was doing pretty well when it comes to calls which really counted, including the scoring free kick and penalty kick, and equally the rejected goal which was an offside by about 20 cm IIRC. Try spotting stuff like that on the field without fifty HD cameras at your disposal. (I believe video evidence is still specially forbidden by FIFA, excluding goal line verification.) Also imagine the brouhaha if calls like that had gone wrong.

Argentina-Belgium appeared a bit boring, although I admit spending a good part of it cooking, eating and multitasking many other things. :P

I think he was doing pretty well when it comes to calls which really counted, including the scoring free kick and penalty kick, and equally the rejected goal which was an offside by about 20 cm IIRC. Try spotting stuff like that on the field without fifty HD cameras at your disposal. (I believe video evidence is still specially forbidden by FIFA, excluding goal line verification.) Also imagine the brouhaha if calls like that had gone wrong.

Argentina-Belgium appeared a bit boring, although I admit spending a good part of it cooking, eating and multitasking many other things. :P

He didn't make any particular mistake... he just allowed the game to be hard and physical, which favored Brazil and in a way lead to Neymar's injury.

Argentina - Belgium, only watched the 2nd half... Nothing special

Going to watch NED v CRC and then might go for a beer!!!! Good night!

Im not following sports in general, but I switched through channels and noticed that Germany plays with Brasil and then noticed that Brasil is losing so decided to watch, I think I saw 2 or 3 out of 6 goals so far.

Poor Brasilians crying... Funny, given that its sports, there are far more serious things in the world to care about more!

Just plain absurd. I had faithfully watched the quarter finals which ended 2-1, 1-0, 1-0 and 0-0 with very few goals during the actual game. Tonight my stream crashed for ten minutes at 1-0 and when it recovered, it was 5-0. Simply put, by that point there was no game any more. It was effectively over and almost painful to watch. On the second half they didn't even bother celebrating the goals much.

At 5-0, the local TV commentator looked around the stadium and said "Some of the players...excuse me, spectators have already left to fetch refreshments..." He could have been right already with the first version.

Unbelievable.

Haha, spectators. The commentary was hilarious on the BBC, and when the Brazilian fans started appluading the German teams! Madness.

Ricky Gervais just posted this:

"This won't be the first time that thousands of Germans will have to lie low in Brazil for a while for their own safety."

I went to get a beer from the fridge and by the time it took me to open the box and get a can the score was +2....

I went to sleep at half-time, no point in watching the rest of the game and I had to wake up very early today.

Been saying GER is gonna win it, check the previous pages! Kinda-nice of a told-ya-so moment!

This time my stream didn't crash...but I'm not sure if there was that much to be seen. 0-0s are always a bit disappointing. Even the penalty shoot-out sort of fizzled with no good drama. Oh well, I guess the high stakes of the final games will provide more excitement, no matter what exactly will happen.

Already won a bet with 23 other guys where we had to predict the outcome of every match through the group stage to the finals . We get 3 points for predicting the correct outcome with 1 point each for predicting the correct number of goals scored by each team . the points double up if you have the corect team from the KO onwards till the final . Im 230 right now with 2 matches to go ! won a cool 400$ ! Now if Argentina beat Germany and Brazil wins the 3rd place if will finish with 242 + 5 for guessing the correct winner . the next guy is 219 right now and he has spain as the winner :D

go Messi and company , you brought a lot of joy till now . Ze germans have been engineered since age 8 so its going to be difficult but you guys lead 9-6 head to head . Difficult but not impossible .

The one guy who bet 7-1 won $46 0 0 0

Yes i saw that

You can be sure though that he bet other scorelines (3-1 , 3-0 , 4-1 etc..) but still that was fantastic

damn i wish it happens to me one day! best i did was betting Nadal to win the US open last year he was 9.3 to win in july and he won

i watched the final tonight with friends here http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haus_der_Kulturen_der_Welt

i know little about football but it was an interesting thing to witness, the joy of the spectators was palpable. i'm Australian, but was of course supporting Germany tonight. so great to see everyone celebrating in the streets, fireworks are still going off