World Cup 2014 - BRAZIL

Richpa

I hope Croatia goes to the next stage, they deserve it. I think with Matsukic playing, it's very likely.

Greece, I think the bets should NOT be 1X2 but "Will they score in this world cup: Yes or NO???".

Except for Germany, I don't think any other side has made a strong impression, Holland yesterday showed that it's based more on individual charisma than team play, Australia deserved at least an X.

Really looking forward to Uruguay V England... Soares has scored many goals against these opponents at the Premier Leauge, I reckon he can repeat it tonight! I might skip gym tonight to watch this game.

That was a tough match against Ivory Coast, they played very well. But fortunately we secured one spot in the next round!

On the other hand, another big european team says goodbye to Brazil too soon. Bye England.

Uruguay was surprisingly good to be honest... South America has a lot of talent! (Chili the big surprise, but Colombia is strong too)

I am wondering tho, the non European - South American teams are in most cases clearly weaker... They should re-evaluate the way they chose the teams for the world cup imo...

Uruguay is not surprisingly good, they are expectingly good:

They have 2 of the best strikers in Europe, Cavani and Souarez + 3 players from Atletiko Madrid (CL finalist) + Many other players in top european clubs. England may have the fame but not many of their players have extended top level experience. I SMSd a friend of mine 15 min before the game saying Souarez will score 2 goals! As the Romans said "Scripta manent" (what is in writting survives) so I called him this morning and told him "Told you so, and I have proof".

As for Greece, I fell asleep 10 mins into the game

The thing with south-american teams is that most of their key players are playing in Europe. That is fact. Uruguay, Colombia and Chile were not mentioned as Brazil or Argentina, but in my humble opinion they all gave a lot better shows during this world cup. On the other hand, Spain is out, one of the favorites. Reason? Some say they were tired, others say they're not motivated, but I think the core reason can be found in the style of their team, tiki-taka is already dead, football is evolving and it's not a hot-thing anymore. I expected a lot more from some African teams, such as Ghana and Ivory Coast, but they will have to show a lot more in the upcoming games if they want to achieve something.

Uruguay team managed to change 5 players, so it's not suprise to see them strong again, Suarez means a lot to them and he is probably the best striker at the moment in the world (Okay, after Ibrahimovic :P). England got nice team but they're unexperienced.

This world cup is going to be epic :D

I got both Chile and Columbia as "tickets" in our "World Cup winners lottery" at work, so I am happy!! :D really good to see all the South American teams glow at this tournament!

Holy carp. England is out too? I know they're regularly a butt of many jokes but already after two games? Oh well, what should you expect after losing two games in a row, Uruguay included...

• 2 weeks later...

For the quarterfinals:
Brazil - Colombia: Colombia takes it, Brazil play horribly

Today:

Netherlands - Mexico: I think Holland will make all the way to the final, probably against Germany or France

Greece - Costa Rica: Greece wins it OF :P:P:P COURSE :P :P :P :P

So next Quarterfinal match is Greece V Netherlands

Tommorow:
Easy wins for Germany and France which leads to an Awesome European Quarterfinal

Day after tommorow:
Easy win for Belgium
Tough win for Argentina

Belgium makes it all way to the semis beating Argentina and meeting Germany or France

arf that was cruel for both Mexico and Costa rica today

Why was it cruel for Costa Rica? Greece was better and had around 4-5 good chances while Costa Rica had 2 with one turned to goal.

Anyway, the way the tournament is going, I see Germany winning it, probably against Colombia or Netherlands in the Final.

All games in the elimination phase were great, this one included. I feel sorry for Algeria team, they got amazing coach who tacticlly managed to fight with Germany almost whole game.

I'm curious what will happen now that we have agressive teams oposing each other... So far the couples haven't been equal in strength.

If one excludes Greece - Costa Rica and Colombia - Uruguay, the story of each game was:

One team has a lot of possesion and attacks, while the other has a super tight defence, goalkeepers in great form and counterattacks, hence so many goals in overtime when the defenders have lost a lot of their stamina and mental clarity.

Except for the Netherlands Vs Costa Rica, I expect the other 3 games to be very entertaining with a lot of aggression overall.

Colombia v Germany for the final!

yES THEY

Colombia can't face Germany in the finals.

Yes they can

Colombia vs Brazil - Netherlands Vs Costa Rica -> Colombia Vs Netherlands - > Colombia finalist

France - Germany - Argentina Vs Belgium -> Germany Vs Belgium -> Germany FInalist