Young German people seem to listen goa trance

radi6404

I just talked with a German girl I know from earlier and she says she listens techno. Tean I talked about goa trance and whether she knows it and she says yes. I said that is great because the music is very unknown. She said, no it is not, everyone knows it today. Than I showed her some songs from Astral Projectionand asked her to tell me some more names. She said, I can´t tell, I just listen what others listen or something like that. I said to her, show the links I gave you to your friends. Because I highly suspect that they don´t listen real goa trance.

I will keep on that subject slowly and try to introduce her and her friends to real goa trance without force. Because they might listen to strange groups like Haticva, which they think is real goa trance. It is also great because that way I can talk with some people and maybe make some friends, because I have none at the moment, not at the area I am living unfortunately. If I canintroduce some of them to real goa trance and culture, the label suntrip and so on, it would be great. Maybe ona bigger scale people could learn slowly to listen real goa trance so local parties in Germany could take place. We will see how things go!

I noticed they listen to goa but not that much...

2 months ago i had chance to play on small party (~200 people) outside Dortmund... but they are zombies man. Only some 15-20 people danced and most of them are arsims in Adidas and shades in club haha. I mean im zombie too but not that much lol.

On other hand german parties have fantastic decorations. Even on that small party deco was great but i saw many photos... they are beautiful!

I noticed they listen to goa but not that much...

2 months ago i had chance to play on small party (~200 people) outside Dortmund... but they are zombies man. Only some 15-20 people danced and most of them are arsims in Adidas and shades in club haha. I mean im zombie too but not that much lol.

On other hand german parties have fantastic decorations. Even on that small party deco was great but i saw many photos... they are beautiful!

Serious, that party is not the typical German party... I did great parties in Germany with lots of freaks dancing like crazy... :)

I think it is more or less the same as Belgium. All the alternative people know somehow about goa/psy trance... Which is at least like 20% of the 18 years old :) (as a teacher it is easy to notice) :)

• Like 1

i suppose you know that "goa" is synonymous with all of psytrance in the german language area? the only real goa most people i met who confess to listening to goa know is hallucinogen and astral.

Well that is goa trance, however they might be listening to something completely different and confuse it for goa trance. That is why it could be good to introduce them to real goa trance.

You know what's a great way to make friends with new people you've just met? Tell them they listen to the wrong music.

And introduce them to the real thing that they may like more. Anyway it is much more than making friends. if really a big audience in Germany listens to goa trance or what they claim to be goa trance. People could introduce them to the real thing, old and newschool. Therefore they could go to parties by Suntrip so the artists could earn more money and the scene could grow. I am not speaking about a few people only, but many people. I would find it great to see goa trance being liked by many people. For now I don´t know if what those people listen is goa trance or not.

Radi, where in Germany do you live?

Like Padmapani said, "goa" can refer to the culture as a whole rather than the specific music genre.

I think Germany has a good goatrance culture, but as not as strong as might be assumed from seeing multiple "goa" parties advertised every weekend :)

goa = progressive trance for most ppl <20. Especially here in Germany. Electro house (hyped couple of years ago) is almost gone, and has been replace by progressive trance (missed the "psychedelic" intentionally). So almost all young clubing folks know this genre, or better they think they know it - they talk about Tezla and Neelix while you talk about Filteria and Electric Univerese.

I live in Nürtingen, 30 kilometers away of Stuttgart.

​Welcome neighbor.. :ph34r:

goa = progressive trance for most ppl <20. Especially here in Germany. Electro house (hyped couple of years ago) is almost gone, and has been replace by progressive trance (missed the "psychedelic" intentionally). So almost all young clubing folks know this genre, or better they think they know it - they talk about Tezla and Neelix while you talk about Filteria and Electric Univerese.

Were do you live in Germany?

I agree, they should be introduced to Astral Projection and Hallucinogen and have hope for the new albums in next 10 years

Can´t you think further and see, that if they like Astral and Hallucinogen, they will look for mroe and find out about old-, and newschool goa trance. Eventually some people may listen to all popular oldschool and newschool bands and make the scene grow. Because honestly I doubt that they do listen to real goa trance aktually.

Unfortunately that's true. The Suntrips Records 10 years anniversary in Hamburg was a highlight for me. Especially in NRW they often announce Goa & Psytrance but what you get is Progressive & Psytrance. And sometimes even mixed with Minimal!

Serious, that party is not the typical German party... I did great parties in Germany with lots of freaks dancing like crazy... :)

I think it is more or less the same as Belgium. All the alternative people know somehow about goa/psy trance... Which is at least like 20% of the 18 years old :) (as a teacher it is easy to notice) :)

I think, there is not the typical german party. ;-) Germany is big and every region has his crowd. Berlin has very alternative people in compare to Hamburg or Dortmund. Hamburg has the most parties, but is also the "mecca of prog" and Dortmund and the western part of germany all people love prog. ;-) In Berlin we have much prog, but also a big darkpsy-scene. Not many people knows about "real" GoaTrance. But since the last year a small goa-fanbase has formed. Maybe 5-10 people. They are there if i play a set and dancing like goa-people dance: very happy and crazy. ;-)

Too bad it is impossible to 'convert' some of the darkies from Berlin... They just like the dark too much and think Goa is too soft... A friend (Dark/Hi Tech fan but likes Goa as well) brought a darkie at Freqs to GNOTR, but he wasn't convinced at all, and went back to the Forest Floor, almost immediately...

It seems like a lot of Goa fans don't like Dark and vice versa... My Tasty Tonka friends like both. Although there are some people from Belgium who were mainly Goa fans and seem to enjoy Forest more and more and nowadays I don't see them that much anymore on oldschool parties... They even enjoy Psykovsky nowadays! Getting a bit off topic, sorry about that :P

For me the flow is the most important part of Psytrance (all genres). It needs to go on and stay interesting. That is why I tend not to like Prog and Fullon that much, that music has in general too much (boring) breaks and that interferes with my flow of dancing.

• 3 weeks later...

In a german Facebook group someone ask "what is your favorite goa track". 183 Answers. But only 3 tracks, which I call goa. The rest more or less shitty proggy. Mainstream or unknown untalented artists. Most people have a really bad taste. I lost all my hope to german psy-scene. ;-)

In a german Facebook group someone ask "what is your favorite goa track". 183 Answers. But only 3 tracks, which I call goa. The rest more or less shitty proggy. Mainstream or unknown untalented artists. Most people have a really bad taste. I lost all my hope to german psy-scene. ;-)

They don´t neccessarily have a bad taste, but they simply don´t know about the real goa trance artists and the artists from the ninetees. They mistake goa trance with different styles of music just like proggressive and someone needs to tell them what real goa trance is. But most of the young people will not contribute to the goa trance scene even when they know and like it, because they don´t spend money on music and usually don´t go to official parties where the big artists play.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

From my experiences, since I am from a really big "Goa"-Area and someone who got into the music in Israel (thank God), I can tell that people here refer to all the styles that came from Goa Trance like Psy, Prog, Dark etc. When they talk about Goa. In the north-east (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern) and east (Brandenburg), you find alot of styles, since These areas are empty forests and valleys (also 80% of festivals are held over there), but in the rest of Germany, Prog, Dark and now HiTech are the dominating styles. My experience is also that alot of people, who listen to HiTech and Prog in Germany also tend to listen to Techno, Techhouse and other electronic genres, while Goa and Psy listeners usually don't listen to other electronic music that much, but more to instrumental music of all styles.