Life is Short but Sweet for certain..

Shpongled247

At least to me it is..

These past years I have lived I realised over a third of what will be my entire existence on this earth.. And I believe I have lived it to the maximum.

I've lived, loved, learnt and lost... And it has been incredible.

Quitting a job of ten years to follow love to the other side of the world at the drop of a hat, leaving my friends and family, was the best thing I could do to grow as a person.

I guess I feel incredibly grateful everyday to be having the experiences I have had and will have.

My question is, are you living the life you want? Are you happy in your existence, your one life?

I am pretty happy with what I have at the moment.

I haven't done everything right and there are still things I want to do that are beyond my means but overall satisfied.

Where did you move to?

No I feel that I wasted a lot of my early life & could've become more than what I am now. Now I am more stuck in an for of disappointment & am trying hard to dig out of it but when you have a young family, a mortgage etc. it's hard to follow dreams. I really do sometims find it sad how excited I get over the prospect that my drive way is finally going to get paved. It makes me wonder when I became a suburban Dad instead of a fun loving Goa-head. *sigh*

Well, I'm pretty much out of high school and moving onto college. I would say that I regret some things but I don't tend to focus on it too much since I don't see a point on focusing on it and would rather focus on the present and what I can do for now (and for the future). Besides, I get easily nostalgic and depressed when I think too much about the past but then I remember how bad some of my friends were and makes me glad that I left them.

These past years I have lived I realised over a third of what will be my entire existence on this earth

don't forget that perception of time speeds up as you get older. so if you've lived a third of your (likely) years, you're already past half of your subjective time.

I am not happy with my life as it is now and altough I am not feeling that bad right now, there were times I felt very bad like the time is being wasted. The most pleasurable things that happen in my life is to talk with people, boys and girls, who have similar interests to mine and appreciate goa trance. For example I really like my cousin who works in England and when I was in Bulgaria and he was at the apartment of my parents, where I stayed for four months, it was always a pleasure. He is one of the people I really like ina dwhen he is around, time doesn´t feel wasted at all. However it does feel wasted when i see people who have negative thoughts and always think about money and that the country is poor and bad. I made the mistake 3 times now that I went to Bulgaria and stayed there and only listened to ignorant and depressive people who always compalined about the politicians and how bad the country is.

Also Bulgarian people, many of them, are not very serious and not real friends, while I am a person who is loyal to people and when I get in touch with someone, I keep contact with him and don´t just let the contact drop. This is one thing that really hurts me, when I get to know people well, and after time they just drop the contact. That is something typical for Bulgarians.

The 5 months I stayed in Bulgaria where not nice at all and I felt very lonely. People seemed ignorant and not friendly. It is very hard to get in touch with new people, when you don´t have friends in Bulgaria in first place. It is difficult in any country but in Bulgaria it is harder. I talked with several girls and one girl liked to talk with me over facebook but when I wanted to meet her, she said no. I did not have interest in her but I just like to meet people in real life and not only interract with them over facebook but she did not want to. It was very dssapointing and she turned out to be a bad girl. The rediclous girl said, "well, get used with it. We are Bulgarians, we are rough people! The same story with other girls aswell.

The high points in this life were just a few, for example that I found out that writting is something I like or that I discovered goa trance. Because of moving from Germany and bulgaria several times in the past and because of other reasons I know only one girl right now. I am happy for every word I can talk with real people right now and regret going to Bulgaria. Altough in future I might think differently.

I always feels bad when you get to know with people who are routhless. In Bulgaria so many people are routhless, I can even name some routhless people by name and describe in detail how they are routhless. It is better to know noone than tou know routhless people like the girl I talked about above or some other girls and guys I know. Usually in Bulgaria the girls are more routhless but many boys are routhless aswell. For example it s very common that even people who pretend to be good friends will only go out with you when you call them but they wil not call. Also it is common for Bulgarian guys, that they listen to what girls have to say and if a girl speaks bad about smoeone, they will fully believe her. It happened personally to me and one guy thinks bad of me because one relative girl has spoken bad about me. Talking behind the bacck of others is also a common thing in Bulgaria and many people are doing this. All such things really hurt me and I am wondering. Can´t we just experience peace and fun, listen to good goa trance, go and enjoy beautiful landscapes, have some nice talk and fun in the pub and experience good times?

Maybe I will start an additional thread and talk about my experiences in the past, especially what happened to me in Bulgaria. I don´t know how it is in other countries, maybe it is worse but when I look at the bad things that people have done to me it is really something that hurt me and makes me give revenge. I do´t know how people can be so routhless, some of the people that I even loved.

Seems very interesting. Of course I'm no philosopher/scientist/guru/chooseyourperson, but it sounded nice to hear if anything else even if it may be lots of bs.

I am pretty happy with what I have at the moment.

I haven't done everything right and there are still things I want to do that are beyond my means but overall satisfied.

Where did you move to?

I moved to London from Australia, well for 2 years at least (working "holiday") with my gf. Have been working a lot, but only when i want, and in turn have been able to travel around europe a fair bit for that so it has been great. The best thing i have ever done actually!

Only have about 8 months left or so until my Visa runs out.

People back home, when i speak to them, sound as if they feel like we have been gone forever, but to us it has happened so fast,which brings me to the the next point.

don't forget that perception of time speeds up as you get older. so if you've lived a third of your (likely) years, you're already past half of your subjective time.

Time does indeed seem to speed up. The last year or so have literally flown by for me, even though (because?) i have crammed in more life experiences in that time than ever before..

Hopefully i can cram in a lot more in the rest of my subjective time then, hah.

In a sciense documentary they said that time feels slower when people experience many different things, while it feels faster when they are bored and don´t have anything to do, because the days are empty and not filled out. A filled out year full of different experiences therefore seems much longer as a year with boring everyday business.