Galactivation - Open The Stargate

Bill

galactivation-open-the-stargate.jpg

I've had this album on repeat since it was released in January and am amazed that it has not received more recoginition. There are a lot of criticisms on this forum toward full-on and its lack of diversity or creativity. This particular EP is the exception to that rule. All three tracks are splendid but in particular, "Arcanum Arcanorum" is some of the best full-on you could hope to hear - a track that only gets better with each listen. Trust me on this, I've listened to the track a couple dozen times and it has not lost any of its luster.

To cap it off, "La Cueva Del Ermitaño" is a splendid down tempo conclusion to the two epic journies that come before it on the EP. That such an impressive contrast in style comes from a man who, thus far, has only released these three tracks only makes the whole that much more impressive.

I'm sure listening to the album through Ektoplazm, where it is offered as a free download, is nice, you'd be better off playing this through a proper speaker system or with a quality set of headphones. There is magic in the details of this music and the frenetic energy only gets crisper at higher volumes.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/galactivation-open-the-stargate

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...