Imba

A lot of good (and bad) comments here, I have to agree with John. I make music first for myself, if other folks like it that's great if not then oh well. Also Radi, why not take this from a more positive viewpoint (if that's the right word). Take advice from folks, see what you can do about your music, and mature from the whole process.

I send Mars a link to my soundcloud tracks, to two of them. He can listen to the other ones. But it was sometime between June and July, when I sent you a promo with my latest track and I asked you, what you think about it and if you would include it on an compilation if I would edit it.

Very honest? I never heard the tracks. If Fabien or I get tracks, there is already a first quality control. Tracks who are for sure not good enough for release, we keep aside (as said before) and those tracks never reached me... Which sais enough I think. Keep working, as others say, it's mostly a matter of time, talent and motivation. But it takes YEARS before you can really hope for a release...

I send you a pm at that time so the tracks should have reached you directly. Now I will see what mars thinks about them but you can listen to them aswell on the Radish2 channel. Listen to Hypnotized Sunvisions and Paranormal summer. I don`t think the tracks as they are now are good enough for a release, but for example you may like the style and some tracks in that style could be produced in future.

I just found out that I did not send you a personal message but it was in a thread where I asked, if you like the tracks. You did not respond.

I just found out that I did not send you a personal message but it was in a thread where I asked, if you like the tracks. You did not respond.

Well, if you think that I read all threads here, than you are wrong... I read not so much at all actually... So I probably didnt read it. Besides, if there is something good I hear, I WILL reply. And I don't feel obligated to answer to all promo's anyway. As said by Fabien. We had over 500 (!!!!) promos for the last comp in 2 months... impossible to answer all. We do LISTEN all, and if a track is releasable, we will contact you. This is nothing personal, simply practical.

When you're good enough, you'll get released.

I have the feeling that there are a couple of collectors sitting on their piles of unreleased oldschool goa trance files who disagree with you.. ^^

I have the feeling that there are a couple of collectors sitting on their piles of unreleased oldschool goa trance files who disagree with you.. ^^

You are probably right... but FUCK that attitude. every track we had in full quality and loved was released. This whole nonsense "I keep my music for myself" attitude is pure rubbish imo (yes, I'm harsh on this subject, with a reason). So thanks for other labels releasing this in the end!

You are probably right... but FUCK that attitude. every track we had in full quality and loved was released. This whole nonsense "I keep my music for myself" attitude is pure rubbish imo (yes, I'm harsh on this subject, with a reason). So thanks for other labels releasing this in the end!

+1

I'm unleashing (MR1, MR2, Three Om Three, ?) the best unreleased old school stuff in my collection slowly but surely...

OK I listened and I have to say this is pretty good. One of the tracks really sound like old Dragonfly music.

But I undertsand why it doesn't get any success with labels : Radi's music is low bpm, trippy, partly repetitive. And nowadays people want straight stuff, fast, lots of energy... Radi ought to keep on sending his music to labels like Ovnimoon or Goalogique, he could well have a chance!

Thanks for your positive feedback by the way, Mars. Aktually I did not sent the music to any label yet, but I might do after improving it. I am delighted by your commend tht you think it sounds like old Dragonfly, because that was exactly my intention when I produced the music. I sent you another question by pm by the way.

Radi, I really enjoyed those two tracks of yours. Nice ideas, true oldschool spirit. Of course there are things you could improve IMO like production or being less repetitive in some parts and finding your own sound but talent is there! I wish you good luck!

Thanks man. The quesition is, if I would produce good music,would labels really take it. Suntrip wants fast music, other labels want true downtempo. I don`t know if there are labels for low speed goa trance music aswell.

Thanks man. The quesition is, if I would produce good music,would labels really take it. Suntrip wants fast music, other labels want true downtempo. I don`t know if there are labels for low speed goa trance music aswell.

This is true but you can always try to write something more uptempo and (oldschool) full on. Also there are labels like Zion 604 that release various styles of Goa Trance. At that point, my suggestion is to not think about labels and how to release your music but spend a lot of time working and experimenting with your set up. If you succeed, it all depends on the hard work you are willing to do! That's just my opinion. :)

If I knew for example that the music I write would be released and other people could hear it, so it is worth making. If I knew that I could give a bigger variaty of people a good time and be another artist to revieve oldschool goa trance, I would spend time to produce a few goa trance tracks with my style, but good production quality and better built-ups. The uncertainty however makes me not spend a lot of time for that, because we have to do other things. Also my setup is not optimal, beginning form a relatively small computer screen, bad sitting position and other things. If everything was optimal, I would be pleased to write some great music. It would also be great to write something really good with a big artist, so the best of both can float in the track. A great benefit from it would be to get a little money for the label and ourselfes, the artists.

When people listen the tracks I have on my soundcloud they should always consider that most of the tracks were produced in 2005, where I was far from being a good musician. I was 17 years old and that were my first attempts to produce music. I produced the music on onboard sound with sony earbuds, but the earbuds where pretty good. But the slow AMD cpu at that time was limting myself, just as the limited kowledge. With today´s knwoledge I could produce more advanced tracks, at least technically. Also I would love to put people on a trip and show them, how I percept the world, because with music you always show something from yourself, just like with books or other kinds of art. I wil think about releasing the stuff on other labels and maybe do some fast tracks for suntrip, if they would like such music with faster bpm.

Now I hope that I did not sound like a man with high ego, because that is not my intention at all.

Yeah I also like the track I listened to on your page Radish2. Btw. I was under the impression that a truly great track in multible streches could be pitched all the way down, and all the way up, and still sound awesome. So, is your track pitchble for faster bpm? Else, if I had a label I would be bold enough. ~when perfection is closer and reached, of course. Stay at it! (Y) and try psychedelia. Smoke Shanga.

? We just released a cd with 1 downtempo album... And many of our albums/comps have at least 1 downtempo track...

By the way I have several more tracks I can upload and I have all of the tracks as flp.files. Unfortunately I would have to get all the synths I used at the time in order to edit them. But that way I could master them properly and edit them so they match some standard.

Jesus Christ... This thread has at least been entertaining I guess but get a grip man!

Are you seriously asking "if I write high quality music is there a chance of it being released?"

Just... Wow.

Also, I listened to your stuff and disagree with mars, it needs a lot lot lotttt of work before it should be released on any label. Not being nasty just my opinion.

You should strive to make the absolute best music/art/whatever it is, to the most perfect level you can, For Yourself.

Then and only then others will hear your passion and dedication you have put into it, and might just come asking to release your stuff.

Writing music "to get released" is just plain wrong. Do it because you love it and you have a burning desire within you to do it. Or do it as a hobby. Or don't do it at all.

• Like 1

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Jesus Christ... This thread has at least been entertaining I guess but get a grip man!

Are you seriously asking "if I write high quality music is there a chance of it being released?"

Just... Wow.

Also, I listened to your stuff and disagree with mars, it needs a lot lot lotttt of work before it should be released on any label. Not being nasty just my opinion.

You should strive to make the absolute best music/art/whatever it is, to the most perfect level you can, For Yourself.

Then and only then others will hear your passion and dedication you have put into it, and might just come asking to release your stuff.

Writing music "to get released" is just plain wrong. Do it because you love it and you have a burning desire within you to do it. Or do it as a hobby. Or don't do it at all.

+ 1.000

I am sorry Mars but I also disagree with you. He's got a very long way to go IMO.

My original point was. Too many people chase a dream that will never happen simply because they do not have the talent to make it happen. And it's a real shame as they end up losing so much else good they could have been doing in their lives.

Just... Wow.

+1

Also don't really understand this "to get released" mentality.. this always ends up same, either ppl spent time on something they shouldn't cuz they suck in it and blame others for blaming them. Or they copy from someone that has already been released and we end up the "all the same" issue, nobody trying something new because they all want to release. I probably have around 30 tracks I have made over the last years and released 2, not being happy at all about (those tracks could have been way way better). I just always ask myself "If I would be a label owner, would I put this on my hottest release?" Answer is no obviously.. so I just continue learning until I can honestly answer "yes" ... and than I start looking for getting released..

Very honest? I never heard the tracks. If Fabien or I get tracks, there is already a first quality control. Tracks who are for sure not good enough for release, we keep aside (as said before) and those tracks never reached me... Which sais enough I think. Keep working, as others say, it's mostly a matter of time, talent and motivation. But it takes YEARS before you can really hope for a release...

NO email or soundcloud notification from Radi or Radish(2) ever reached our mailbox. THAT is the truth. Radi, when exactly did you supposedly send us that promo?

What is that supposed to mean? It's a construction of the mind, a fallacy.

If it refers to us, it's complete bullshit.

If anyone is doing that, he's an idiot, and if anyone said we did that, I want his name so I can discuss the matter with him.

+1

There we are... Radi you are misinterpreting what I said and I fear you will bounce on our statements again and again till the thread goes <kaboom>.
We don't want fast music. We want good music. By our standards (human ones). And we also know, from the comments and sales of our previous releases, what people may expect from us. No more no less.
Your music is right inbetween uptempo and downtempo, therefore it's hard to find a slot for it. That's all.
Now if I can give you an advice, it's to:
  • keep on producing
  • please yourself
That way you will progress, refine your style and your music will end up finding its public.

? We just released a cd with 1 downtempo album... And many of our albums/comps have at least 1 downtempo track...

Nevermind.

+ 1.000

I am sorry Mars but I also disagree with you. He's got a very long way to go IMO.

My original point was. Too many people chase a dream that will never happen simply because they do not have the talent to make it happen. And it's a real shame as they end up losing so much else good they could have been doing in their lives.

I'm honnest, 80% of the music we receive is less good than Radi's. A lot of promos are made by people who don't stand a chance to get released - ever -.

Here, the flow is okay, the melodies are good (not so original but that's fine enough), and the mixing is decent. Remains to see if Radi would be able to renew himself after a few tracks.

When selecting a compil I have 4 folders: "Good", "Average", "Nope" and "Wrong style". If I found these tracks in my mailbox they would end up in the "Average" folder. Tracks ending up there are never eventually selected but they are respectable nonetheless. Then I would only focus on the "Good" folder, so that would be it.

As a non-producer, I tend to be respectful to those who actually create something, as opposed to those who only criticize (no I'm not talking about you in particular, I have someone else in mind).

Download In Progress,hypnoticed sunvisions,psychedelic sundown sound nice

work it and u will find your way

the best(high quality) tracks in goa-psy scene have been realesed ,about the so called unrealeseds tracks

...hmmmmm....... the 95% belongs to the unrealesed area(lack of quality)so the whole intererest is about the rest 5%(maybe less)