Imba

Radi asked for debate. I want to make this forum aliiiiiveeeee.
I will turn my radi ignore mode off for now... :mellow:

Otherwise even I would have gotten a chance with one of my tracks, that was liked a lot by the people here. Instead Annoebis ignored it and never said anything to me.

Joske, why do you ignore our friend radi? :D

Even Nikola Petrovich, a guy with whom I had arguments from time to time, told me that one of my tracks is great in his opinion.

Who da fuck is that Nikola? :ph34r:

What i said is that general idea of track is great, melodies... but i said mix is not good enough (almost bad).

Reason enough for a label owner to include me in a compilation, but I did not even recieve an answer from Annoebis. So I am not quite sure how much freedom the label owners give their artists and how friendly they really are.

My words are not ENOUGH to make label owners put you in some of compilations.

Most important is production level. However good melodies and ideas you have if track is weak nobody want to release it. Nor even on free compilation.

And even if you got high production level, second thing is style. You can't make night time style track and be in morning compilation or opposite. It has to be in smiliar style or it has to feet in vision of what compilation maker had/planned for that release.

And then comes POLITE thing. In most cases when i get promos for my label or my compilations and if i think they are bad... i will never say: "Hey man, your music sucks. It's bad. I don't like it. You are insulting me with these music!"... Often i wont reply to these mails because i don't want to offend anybody or probably at that moment i don't have any feedback how that artist can do it better because i don't look for such style or track. I just don't have idea how to help specific artist.

Also, daily life... Job, family, friends, plus label... it takes a lot of time. People are busy, people can forget to reply or as i said up they just don't like it and trying to be polite. As i am Suntrip artist, i also talk to them not every day but weekly for sure. And sometimes i don't get replies or i get them with few days delay.

So when you don't get any feedback it's probably your track doesn't fits their visions, dreams, plans etc...

NOW:

6f55c8ac1d7fb74f49c33d9bdf63083344ca382a

The track you liked was Hypnotized sunvisions on my soundcloud Radish2. And I agree, if the track si not good enough there is no reason to release it. But the fact that Annoebis or any other person from Suntrip did not answer me even tough some people, not only you, said good things about my tracks, makes me think that the reason is not that my tracks are that ad but some personla reasons. I am fine with that, but this prooves my point that label owners have some influence on the music and the artists they choose. For example if anyone who said goodt hings about my track had a label, he could have said, produce a similar track with good mix and I will take it in a compilation, but Annoebis did not do such a thing. So labels do have some influence on what is being released or what is not being released. The other opinio is being wealthy enough to release under your own label or having friends, who own a label.

But the fact that Annoebis or any other person from Suntrip did not answer me even tough some people, not only you, said good things about my tracks, makes me think that the reason is not that my tracks are that ad but some personla reasons.

I offered Anoebis a chill-out track and didn't get an answer. Don't think there's personal problems behind that, though.

You'll save yourself time my friend, if you stop assuming things to too much extent. Now as Anoebis has said nothing at all considering this case, and you'd go as far as telling such an assumption, I could only see this being you reflecting a stance on yourself thru another person.

label owners have some influence on the music and the artists they choose.

Obviously. And have fu*k all to apologize it for.

he could have said, produce a similar track with good mix and I will take it in a compilation, but Annoebis did not do such a thing.

When you're good enough, you'll get released.

Now, this is not the case. There are many artists who ar great, and are not being released. So many unreleased tracks and artists that you can´t say, when you are good enough you will be released. There are many other factors.

Now, this is not the case. There are many artists who ar great, and are not being released. So many unreleased tracks and artists that you can´t say, when you are good enough you will be released. There are many other factors.

I'm curious... Which artists are really good and didn't release anything? This might've been true to some extent back in the 90s/ early 00s but these days the channels are various to publish your works. If you're good and serious about your music, there are doors open waiting for you.

There's indeed another factor called artists own will to release music that has a lot to do with this all, but that's another story.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I've always said "If you got a real talent embrace it. If you don't have the talent move on and accept it".. Sorry to say this but I believe to say things in a direct way. Nothing personal. But You do not have a musical talent Radi. Not enough to be released. IMO of course.

I'm curious... Which artists are really good and didn't release anything? This might've been true to some extent back in the 90s/ early 00s but these days the channels are various to publish your works. If you're good and serious about your music, there are doors open waiting for you.

There's indeed another factor called artists own will to release music that has a lot to do with this all, but that's another story.

Idid listen to tracks on a forum called KVRaudio, which were as good as the best released trance and ambient songs out there. Impressive synthsounds, melodies, climaxes, yet they are not released. So it is definatly not only the talent that matters.

The Hypnotic LFO Room: You have the right to say whatever you think. I myself think that I don´t have enough skill to produce proper music right now, but with some years of training I could be able to do that. It is not only talent that matters, but when it comes to talent especially, I might not be the most talented person fro writting music, otherwise I would be an artist right now.

"If you got a real talent embrace it. If you don't have the talent move on and accept it"

What if you had talent, but lost it? Like me, for example.

Give up, or stay positive that it'll come back when the time is right?

• Like 1

What if you had talent, but lost it? Like me, for example.

Give up, or stay positive that it'll come back when the time is right?

I see it this way. If you once had talent you probably still have it. It's just a matter of finding it again. It might take years but it's still there. What I was talking about in Radi's case (IMO) is when someone think he/she has the talent and waste away their life chasing a dream that will never happen. Like someone thinking he or she is the next big singer and enter into a song contest realizing no one think it was any good..."But my family and friends told me I am a great singer"....

@The Hypntoic LFO Room: If you personally dislike my songs, that is no reason to say everyone will dislike them. I don`t care what you or others think about my songs but you can´t speak fro everyone. It was not my friends or familiy who told me, that my osngs are good, but people here or in KVraudio, so what you say is ust insultive and narrowminded. If you want to insult someone, try it with someone else, not me. your idea to luahg at me while saying, only my frineds or family think my tracks are good is rediculous. I don`t care a lot if my tracks are good or bad, but Isee your attempt to say I am a talentless person.

Radi You should learn to read what people write before you misinterpretate it. I did not refer to you regarding the "family and friends has told me" example. That was general speaking. I still stand by my opinion that you got no musical talent when it come to making and producing music. It might be harsh of me to say so but I believe in telling the truth as I see it. Just because you are a music fan does not make you a musician ;)

And you do seem to care a lot about what people think about your music. Otherwise you would not debate it here ;)

Stop trying to reason with radi, I think we've all tried to, but to no avail.

And radi, even if I don't like you (or the online persona you've created for yourself, I'm still not fully sure) let me give one small piece of advice:

Stop victimizing yourself. It'll only destroy you in the end. Take this from someone who really speaks from experience (it almost destroyed me too).

Radi You should learn to read what people write before you misinterpretate it. I did not refer to you regarding the "family and friends has told me" example. That was general speaking. I still stand by my opinion that you got no musical talent when it come to making and producing music. It might be harsh of me to say so but I believe in telling the truth as I see it. Just because you are a music fan does not make you a musician ;)

And you do seem to care a lot about what people think about your music. Otherwise you would not debate it here ;)

I don`t care abou my music, but it was insulting how you said only friends and family would like my music and noone else. That is the only think I wanted to tell you. Also you divided the topic and argued that my music is not that great and I have no musical talent. I only gave my example as an example, that the laben does have some influence on what is being released and what is not being released.

Paul Eye: People change with time and I learned from the past aswell. i am not the same argumentative guy who is against anyone anymore. I learned from the past and try to be better.

You are impossible Radi. I never said anything about your friends and family. IT WAS GENERAL SPEAKING? Comprende?

I wrote "Like someone thinking he or she is the next big singer and enter into a song contest realizing no one think it was any good..."But my family and friends told me I am a great singer"...."

SOMEONE is not You Radi.

I like your answer Imba.

I never got Radi's promo, so I cannot express any opinion. But if the track wasn't selected it that means there was a reason. The most common are : the flow, the melodies, the mixing. @Radi, PM me with some link, I'll tell you what I think.

In the past, we promised to reply to everyone sending a promo, but after what happend in 2013 and the fact we got more and more promos, it became much harder to keep up. I tried to answer to those who'd written to us in person, but I scarcely did it with soundcloud notifications or FB wall posts. Though I listened to EVERYTHING at least for a few seconds.

When we selected "Ten Spins Around the Sun", we had to chose 27 tracks out of nearly 500.

200 were total crap, 200 were average, and 100 were good enough (imo). So we had to make hard choices. Some artists we really liked were put aside because their track didn't match the compilation's "flow". We didn't select others because we knew the artist would cause problems (drugs, alcohol, behavior...)

And overall, every label A&R has a particular taste. We might not select you, another label might. We're human, yet sovereign on our labels.

+1 for Fabien's post.

Unfortunately we are not able (anymore) to reply everyone, everytime. I have a full time job and play every weekend here or somewhere in Europe. Next to that there is Suntrip, a girlfriend, a social life,... But as Fabien said. We do listen to EVERY promo we get. We put them in 3-4 folders, which we keep aside for future compilations.

Can you tell me when or where you send me a promo Radi? Because I never had a track from you as far as I remember...

This just about sums it up. As goes life. I don't think its a mater of having talent or not. It just takes some practice and learning. If you keep it up and ask the right questions you can go a long way.

I send Mars a link to my soundcloud tracks, to two of them. He can listen to the other ones. But it was sometime between June and July, when I sent you a promo with my latest track and I asked you, what you think about it and if you would include it on an compilation if I would edit it.

Radi, I sincerely hope that what you create is an act of personal self expression and that you draw personal satisfaction out of it whether others have accepted it or not. That is all that really matters in the end, in my opinion.