Oh what a surprise!

Penzoline

I am very curious! From what I listened there is a bare minimum of cheesy melodies, it actually sounds like decent well produced "cosmic" full-on/twilight mixture. The biggest reason I'm so surprised is that the previous 100 albums have had always 1-3 good tracks in them with cheesy guitars and boring tracks in between. a Whole album since Cosmic Experience has not been this consistent before.

Thoughts?

By the way I had Ziptnf make an Electric Universe Best Of The Worst mix some years ago, I'll post that soon so you know what I mean; that there have been good tracks in the new albums. :P Maybe he ought to make a new one with all this new content.

I dig it , first spin was awesome as always, on repeated listens it does stray into that cheesy territory every now and then. there is something i hate about the uplifting full on genre now, every thing building to a crescendo , ughh. more key changes please.

yay!! still sounds like EU! ;D I havent got to check the album yet but this pleases. I wish the sample about radiation didnt have to break that short burst of energy. WHY does psy do this as a standard now?? keep the slamming going!

listened to the whole thing and I can agree with it kind of being a Cosmic Experience 2. i'll get it at some point.

I would get this album just for active galaxy alone... a real bomber that one . pure dancefloor blastoff !!! in fact i like the direction he takes in the last three ..

i wrote this off with the samples on psyshop!

but agree it sounding good

but it still has to pass the final test from one more psynews member and i not confident it will :ph34r:

its not asstral

I must admit, I'm interested in this release too and have also often found Electric Universe too cheesy-full-on for my tastes in the past.

It's still more full-on than I'd normally buy, but a better example.

Probably will purchase next payday!

You don't really think the creative process works like that, do you?

Imagine bunch of people coming to Blenn after twenty or more gigs and saying could you bring back the 'Cosmic Experience' vibe, that was awesome or just simply browsing his old tunes and stumbling upon CE (hey, I did something kinda nice there...). There are many different ways during the creative process, the above is just a glimpse, so I can't see anything unreal about it.

I was worried that this wasn't going to be very terrible, but I found that I like it. It may not be the greatest thing in the world, but it's listenable which is a good thing.

Imagine bunch of people coming to Blenn after twenty or more gigs and saying could you bring back the 'Cosmic Experience' vibe, that was awesome or just simply browsing his old tunes and stumbling upon CE (hey, I did something kinda nice there...). There are many different ways during the creative process, the above is just a glimpse, so I can't see anything unreal about it.

I meant that people don't approach creativity as though they're searching for "the right path". Whatever style someone makes is what is right to them at that point in their life. An artist changing their style just means they want to do something else, not that what they last did was 'wrong'.

Unless of course they're just trying to make money. Then they're more of a factory than an artist.

Generic, boring and unchallenging music in my opinion. After 13 years even the delay times are set the same in every. Single. Track-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack...

• Like 2

I meant that people don't approach creativity as though they're searching for "the right path". Whatever style someone makes is what is right to them at that point in their life. An artist changing their style just means they want to do something else, not that what they last did was 'wrong'.

Unless of course they're just trying to make money. Then they're more of a factory than an artist.

You've overinterpreted my poor attempt in joking (the right path = classic Hollywood 'how could I've been so blind' moment), tough crowd, it happens ;).

Disregarding that and treating my comment seriously, I hope that this 'wanting to do something else' as You wrote, is EU making music closer to CE, than Higher Modes (my wish & opinion).

Lastly, as a guy who's trying to compose/produce for quite a long time I can say I'm searching all the time, including the right path and I'm not talking about pleasing the crowd, so let's not put everyone in the same basket.

after a quick skipping through the tracks on youtube, this really sounds like quite decent fullon to me. not groundbreaking, but it has everything fullon should have and none of the annoyances that plague psytrance in the last few years. so while it doesn't (try to) capture a bit of goa vibe into the fullon framework like cosmosis did really well with his last album, it's still something i could dance to for hours :).

Been listening to it for the past week or so, sounds similar to ESP and his post Cosmic Experience albums, except no cheesy guitarghs, which I like to see being absent!

Full on breaks after build-up is what Im still not a fan of.

A few too many full-on cliches, like a simple fucking full-on beat after a build up... which is so anti-climatic it makes me want to puke. Why do artist still use that formula? It's boooring.

Yeah, it's like building a house and when you're almost finished you decide to knock it down.