Articles on Psytrance from "outside" sources

Ormion

I'm interesting to read some articles from various sites or blogs that are outside from our scene. The only one I remember was a video posted here some time ago, where the reporter went to various parties. IIRC it was pretty funny.

• Like 2

that article is nearly a year old...i dont understand whats the deal with psytrance... its a pleasure to ears and i find it difficult to digest that this genre is not as popular as before... i guess there's not much promotion or perhaps marketing in the right direction... how many new listeners is psy getting these days?? not many i guess...

that article is nearly a year old...i dont understand whats the deal with psytrance... its a pleasure to ears and i find it difficult to digest that this genre is not as popular as before... i guess there's not much promotion or perhaps marketing in the right direction... how many new listeners is psy getting these days?? not many i guess...

Maybe there's just too much crap released these days and people are deceived.

• 6 months later...

I'm interesting to read some articles from various sites or blogs that are outside from our scene. The only one I remember was a video posted here some time ago, where the reporter went to various parties. IIRC it was pretty funny.

The news reporter's name is Jon Snow.

Funnily enough, in around 2010 or so, there used to be an ex-Securicor building that was commonly a used as a psytrance illegal party venue.

Anyway, it was (meant to be?) getting demolished and replaced with some new American Embassy or some shit, and Jon Snow was reporting on it. The funny bit is, right at the end of the news story, Jon said, "We've had news just come through that this venue currently hosts the biggest psychedelic trance parties in London. [i'd] better go to one of those!", said with a cheeky glimmer while saying it (making me believe that after doing that video of the RTTS party 'back in the day', he had experienced a psytrance party some time afterwards).

S(n)ort of off-topic, but Bruce Parry from the BBC documentary Tribe has been seen numerous times at psy parties, one time apparently seen nasally ingesting 5-MeO-DMT in the Liquid Records tent at Glade Festival in England one year. :D

Is that first article serious or is the journalist generally a n00b? It was probably fucking DMT being vapourised in that crack pipe; and LSD, as far as I know, does not age people in the way he said it does. Hell, people in the psy scene look way more fresh-faced in general over the years than the people who just drink alcohol and smoke crack. This is probably due to living a fulfilled lifestyle full of many happy people inhabiting this mostly wonderful scene.

As a side note, I'm fully aware of the parodic nature of the second article as I'm a fan of Vice and their trolling cynicism. :) That article in particular was funny as it was full of people I know and am friends with in the London scene.