how much do you spend on music purchases

kartoonz

So I was just curious as to how much do you guys spend on an average per month to purchase music? I personally spend around $10. That may sound less however in my local Indian currency it's around 600 rupees. I get my music from iTunes. And I have just recently started purchasing music. I was a pirate 2 months back :) I'm not proud of it but as a matter of fact I'm happy that I am now supporting music artists and their hard work. I love psy music O:-)

80-100 euros per month. The truth is that I overdo it, but it's not that I have another expensive hobby. Pretty much that's my only hobby that I need to pay for (I have free games and movies from my work).

• Like 1

Mine dropped a lot around fall 2013. I felt like I was spending too much(extremely limited income) and my music shelf is also pretty much full now. I have to either start selling less favorable releases or stop buying things that are average to good and only go for the greats.

As for actual numbers, I don't have them. It was 1-3 CD per month probably.

• Like 1

Vinyl is http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramophone_record

Anyway I'd say I spend around $100-200AU every 3 months. This covers all my music. Seeing as I only buy Goa trance or "neo" Goa it limits my spending as the releases aren't huge and I only buy CD.

Other than that? I buy house music of all spectrums via digital for my regular paid dj gigs. Usually this would be $30-50AUD every 3 months. Ambient wise I only buy Dakini Records & Steve Roach which again is not much release wise so good for budget.

• Like 1

I'm more of a seller than a buyer these days. (check out my insanely low prices! :Phttp://www.discogs.com/user/canyon-Kalle) There's only about 20 items in my wantlist (according to Discogs) most of them being older goa releases. I'm slowly going to a direction where I probably only purchase Anjuna, Zion 604 and DAT for keeping the old school vibe alive.

it's always very very different from month to month but I usually stay, at least, at about 150 euros. But I would not be surprised if I've gone above 500 euros some months.

It all depends also on what music is getting released, shopping at decks is very hazardous for my bank account for example. A lot of new interesting releases every week.

It's been long time since shopping second hand, these days I simply do trades with second hand stores. Last trade was roughly 80 crap records for a bunch of hopefully better records :), found the Pleiadians - Alcyone single sided promo in there too (with a 3 euro price tag!?).

I used to spend between 100-200 euros a month but that number has dropped to about 50 since I got married. Some month's is still a bit more and I don't count digital downloads in that even if I do pay for them. Somehow it just doesn't feel like buying music.

I used to spend betweetn 300 and 700 Swiss Francs per month for vinyls and cds when I was bilding my psy/goa collection. I still own that stuff but during the last three or four years I masively slowed down my spendings. Nowadays I spend around 100-200 Swiss Francs per month and mainly for MP3s in the techno, deep house, progressive, tech house section and very rarely for psy psy stuff.

I always exceed the €100 mark a month I think. Thing is I'm an old-school junkie and like much more styles than the music this forum is mainly dedicated to, and buy truckloads of €1, mostly 90's CDs from a particular online shop when they do sale (often to clear).

I bought all of my music (500+CDs) for $400 from a good friend. That is all I have purchased this year. Throughout the decade, I have probably spent $600 or more, which isn't much over ten years! Most of the time, I get my music for free (CC Licensing) on Ektoplazm. Also, the labels I write for send me the releases for free anyway. I have about 180GB of music (MP3 320KBps standard, my top ten favs are FLAC). Most of the time I am giving money to my favorite labels by purchasing art from them or giving out donations. Recently, I started throwing festivals in Arkansas with a friend as my way of giving back to the community. It's all about recognizing the talents and appreciating their expressions!