You know this series " True detective" has thrown open so many tangents in my head about the human condition , true suffering and the question of how to escape this time trap ( the reason this show has a 9.4 in IMDB IMO is that this particular theme has deeply resonated with the TV audience even though there is no proof about time being a flat circle and us waking up in this nightmare every single time death becomes us) ; science hasnt really proved anything about life after death, and even if there is some theory there can never be a first hand experiential account , near death experiences notwithstanding ; most of heaven and hell being "pure conjecture" both in religion and science etc that im willing to nose dive into this subject

You know how it is , that existential feeling that consciousness being a misstep in evolution and all of that .. recommendations of intense existential books would be welcome.. Thanks

Watch any movie by Michelangelo Antonioni. All of his movies, Red Desert being my favorite, just drip with existential dread over people's inability to truly communicate our feelings, trapped in lives we never meant to live.

As for books, you can never go wrong with Jean Paul Sartre and the rest of the absurdist artists.

I really liked L ' avventura . I love the pace of his films and the visual techniques he uses to portray a deeper meaning. I will definitely check Red desert out. Is jean paul a good author to start with considering i haven't read anything on the subject but do have natural philosophical leanings towards the nature of the human condition? I would like to immerse myself completely in a book that combines weird fiction as well as existential themes. Since i have been reading up on true detective a lot , the writer NIc Pizzalatto recommends Thomas Liggoti . HP lovecraft would also be one of the names that comes to mind ...