Some other artists like Transwave?

radi6404

ARe there some other artists like Transwave? I find some of their tracks impressive, especially the dark tracks. I don´t know which artist produced darker tracks as for example Helium, a really impressive dark track. ARe there artists who produced similar music?

It's an impossible question to answer really, obviously there's dark Goa with acid lines, some similarity in melodies etc, but you're not going to get those exact kick-drums and synth styles anywhere but in another Transwave track.

I especially love the dark atmosphere of Helium, there is hardly a more depressing track as that one. I like how it starts happy and uplifting, until it totally changes and takes the listener into a dark atmosphere with authentic goa sound. The main lead that plays til the end of the track is the main goa lead, that is used by some other artists aswell. The track is outstanding and one of the best goa trance tracks ever produced. Maybe it is so good because DJ Tsoushy helped Transwave with it.

Syb Unity Nettwerk have a similar energy in some of their tracks.

I always thought Tromesa's first two albums sounded like a cross between Transwave and Pleiadians. Check out Tromesa - Pasma Czasu and Tromesa - Gdyby.

Just listened to Helium again. That track is so creative and interesting, the rythmic kickdrum, the clean synthpresets, the very dark melodies, that is how goa trance should be. I wish there would be more like that but even on the same album Helium is the darkest track.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Pioneers of Dark Psytrance? Somehow I never linked Transwave to dark psytrance with all their uplifting melodies. Each to his own idea I guess.

Helium doesn´t hve uplifting melodies at all.

I know but calling them "pioneers of dark psy/goatrance" because they made a few dark'ish tunes does not seem accurate. Most of their tunes are uplifting melodic goatrance and by that they are hardly pioneers of dark psy/goa ;)

Yes, but what other artist do you know that could create such dark tracks as Transwave? Helium is exceptional and I don`t know any other track that is alike that track.

I don't know and I am not so much into it anymore anyways. But again be careful calling artists "pioneers" because they make one or two tunes in a genre.

I don't know and I am not so much into it anymore anyways. But again be careful calling artists "pioneers" because they make one or two tunes in a genre.

This may not be the case here, but when someone does even one or two tunes in a style noone has ever done before, in my book he can easily be called 'pioneer'.

This may not be the case here, but when someone does even one or two tunes in a style noone has ever done before, in my book he can easily be called 'pioneer'.

Sure but as you yourself say it's not the case here. Transwave and Dark psy/goa just does not ring a bell ;)

I wrote and I quote "in a genre" which mean that the genre already exists :) Transwave did certainly not invented darkpsy/goa.

"Did not certainly" would read better as "certainly did not". Not picking a fight, just for your future reference :) (I used to teach English, it's a bad habit).

I'd not call this dark psy, more an introverted psychedelic trip. I don't know much else like it & the darker side of early Goa/Psy has been discussed many times. I have always found the Le Lotus Bleu Remix on tantrance to be a very introverted trip both on & off certain substances.