• 2 months later...

I just got my copy of the live in athens and the i.f.o package, I love it so much. I stop buying cd about 15 years ago

and when I heard this in your youtube channel I tell myself that I have to get this. thank you so much !!

maybe you can do the same with Koxbox ‎– Live At Burning Man 1996, this is a rare record and very awosome.

just a quick qusetion about the i.f.o package, is it come with a sleeve or not ? cuz I got it without and just want to know.

@badboy, the booklet is inside the first panel, next to the cds, was it missing?!

thank you all for the quick answer

@antic604 yes, I mean something like a slipcase. I have many dvd with digipak packge that usually come with that.
it protect the all package thast you put it inside.

@draeke I do have the booklet, nothing missing. thanks.

Digipak-custom-imagePOP.jpg

@KingGoaConstrictor, I know dude, I am humbly sorry, it was not possible to make them sooner than next month, but I will look into it VERY soon, together with other projects, such as another vinyl... keep tight and b00m!

• 3 weeks later...

yes I can share some news afterall :)

Sorry if it took too long, but i was very busy planning for the future.

In short times we will put in production 2 huge releases, the 2CD of Virtuart, which is going to be Virtuart & Friends 1 and 2, a double album full of cooperations and awesome goa tracks, very psychedelic and mature, and I can share that most of the copies Olivier sold on cd-r differed one another as he had many mixes for the same track, and thus he compiled them, back in 98-99 with different versions of the tracks. We now did sit and chose the best versions to make it the ultimate real release for all you collectors and avid listeners of the great French sound of Olivier Virtuart.

Other than that, I am working on a vinyl, but as soon as I will have a certain release date, i will announce more. I am always cautious because the pressing plant takes forever... I inquired them already in june and I am waiting for my slot.

Hurray! Waiting for that massive vinyl release. Can't believe it's already been so long.

Good luck! I'm sure it will be great. Btw Fede, your mastering engineer for vinyls is also Analog Dimension. How does that work out? I'm guessing he is familiar with cutting the vinyl and all those 1000 different things required for a vinyl release. I've limited knowledge of this. Can you please shed some light.

You might want to have a look at Live in Athens CD release on discogs(comments). Some guy is having problems with 2cd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so a little update, we are waiting for the final touches to the artwork of Virtuart, but by the looks of it, it's almost done. A thread will appear soon enough about it.

About mastering: the music mastered for live in Athens was then adjusted for the vinyl pressing, but the mastering was not changed much, that I can say.

There will be a careful analysis of the music for the vinyl pressing to be sure all is OK, and we won't press something that won't play ok on the turntable, just to be clear.

I am also waiting for news from the plant anytime soon, the waiting time has been crazy, but I am preparing the artwork and the music for that release too.

:)

About the 2CD of Live in Athens, because the CD was pressed over 80 minutes, in some cd players it created problems, but that's an old story, I have not encountered many who could not play the CD properly and when they tried it on another player it worked.

About vinyl, how you'd like, better 3x100 copies or 4x75 in 4 colors? Just asking...

I have already decided about 3 colors, which are pretty cool looking, but I can also hear your preferences.

I have seen all sort of colors and beside black that will always be made, I am curious to hear your favs.

So, let's hear what you like.

• Like 1

4X75 copies will be awesome :)

I saw this really cool video where in the patterns on the vinyl while spinning create another set of patterns! So cool.

well i have already requested when i die, my ashes are going to be mixed into a record!

but what one could it be???

sorry fed to go off topic, but they actually do do it now costs around 2000 bucks to do it

i think the coloured vinyl is cool, colours, any good, personally i like splatters!!!