September News:

Hello again, that was quick, wasn't it (summer that is)??!

Well with the sun leaving and the year kicking in, so do we at DAT with some projects being finalized.

1 The mastering of Pleiadians - I.F.O. 3CD has finished, and was approved by the Artists themselves who tested the tracks on dancefloors of festival this summer, so if you heard some tracks that you knew already, sounding particularly sharp, well it might have been a remastered version :)

That said we are proceeding to finalize the artwork, courtesy of Miro (that I met this summer, awesome person beside being super talented) and we then go to pressing. I aim to release in early November, if we manage to send everything off to the plant in this next week. (I know you are all waiting but remember, 2 months from the day i send things to the pressing plant is the standard release time, not much can be done about that, distributors have their rules/timings!).

I wish I could have sent all to the plant in July but it was impossible as nobody finished their work in time and the pressing plant contact I work with usually was on holiday in Bali....

2 The mastering of Vedama and Opale EPs will begin right now, and hopefully we can release them together with IFO, as the artwork has been finished already.

3 I will gather the tracks for Mind Rewind 3 during this month, I already have some reserved/confirmed and there will be nice surprises. I also took into account many suggestions/advice whenever it was possible.

4 The online shop at DAT Records website has been re-opened and will likely be the sole place where I sell my records and t-shirts from now on, as Discogs has introduced some new regulations and more taxes for the sellers, that was not very nice news.

That said I do hope you had a blasting/marvelous summer and for whoever is in Belgium, I will be djing Saturday the 19th in Antwerp, let me know if you'd come and do say hello if you see me.

Best Vibes to everyone!!

Awesome news! :) The Pleiadians remixes were approved at ZNA :P

About discogs, you can use your VAT nr so you don't have to pay extra taxes... :) I'm curious if it works, no orders last 2 days... :P And about Belgium, I would wish to say hello, but i'll be in Japan that weekend... Good luck with it anyway!

I blame discogs because we pay them already a solid 8% on taxes and they should take care of the VAT themselves, they make millions already over our hard work, so for me that is a no go, simple as that :) Anyway, please let's stick to the topic :D

• Like 1

3 I will gather the tracks for Mind Rewind 3 during this month, I already have some reserved/confirmed and there will be nice surprises. I also took into account many suggestions/advice whenever it was possible.

Oooh this is good news! :)

Ever since I got the two Mind Rewinds about a year ago, I've slowly been discovering one gem after another on these, currently very happy with Subcoud's Greenflow.

Good job with these compilations, can't wait for the third!

I'd really like to add Tim Schuldt's "Radioactive Rain" and "Talking Souls" (Mama Indica) to my collection. They have been released on CD before, but those aren't easy to get. :D But Mind Rewind is vinyl only, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick notice to say that we are doing all we can to start the pressing as soon as possible, the distributor has been alerted and all is set to move on as fast as possible, hold tight. Meanwhile I went djing in Belgium last weekend and could test a couple of tracks from the upcoming release, the response was killer. I have decided to upload the set on youtube as i have recorded it, so I am editing it and later on (during the weekend) it will be online and will be posted here.

I also have read all the other suggestions/comments and will keep in mind all. I can tell you, pdinklag, that we try to focus on never before released on CD tracks, so in a way it would be a waste of space to release these 2 TS tracks, however, we do have 1 cd of unreleased and 1 cd of vinyl only, like we did with volume 2!

Cheers!

And here is the video, I've managed to put it up today:

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

In other news, the preparation of Pleidians IFO 3CD was finished last week, project closed the 21st of October 2015.

In parallel I have also been working on the realization of two other EPs, of French producers, Vedama & Spies and Opale.

Some of you may remember a few videos from Belgian parties featuring extremely acid driven psychedelic tracks, and many asked what these were.

Well it was tracks from these upcoming eps, which will soon be released. I hope this will bring smiles around to all the people who were waiting for this music.

Other news include the continuation of the Mind Rewind series, which is now at chapter 3 and for which authorizations are already being asked and artwork is in the make, so it's getting close, hopefully sooner than later.

All in all it looks like a wonderful winter for DAT and thanks to your support we continue strongly with the mission of releasing (some) lost forgotten tracks and more known bombs not easily available :)

I haven't forgotten the Doof t-shirts but I foresee a spring release for those, it would make more sense and I would have the budget to make some state of the art productions!

• Like 2

In other news, the preparation of Pleidians IFO 3CD was finished last week, project closed the 21st of October 2015.

In parallel I have also been working on the realization of two other EPs, of French producers, Vedama & Spies and Opale.

Some of you may remember a few videos from Belgian parties featuring extremely acid driven psychedelic tracks, and many asked what these were.

Well it was tracks from these upcoming eps, which will soon be released. I hope this will bring smiles around to all the people who were waiting for this music.

Other news include the continuation of the Mind Rewind series, which is now at chapter 3 and for which authorizations are already being asked and artwork is in the make, so it's getting close, hopefully sooner than later.

All in all it looks like a wonderful winter for DAT and thanks to your support we continue strongly with the mission of releasing (some) lost forgotten tracks and more known bombs not easily available :)

I haven't forgotten the Doof t-shirts but I foresee a spring release for those, it would make more sense and I would have the budget to make some state of the art productions!

datdabomb!!!!!

Sounds like a lovely spring to me!

Killin' it! =)

• 3 weeks later...

So, as a matter of fact, I will probably receive the singles of Vedama and Opale together with IFO from the pressing plant.

That is very nice news, but at the same time the people who now already pre-ordered IFO, might say that they wanted to include in their packs the singles too.

Well I thought about that and I will allow people, if they want, to buy the extra singles at zero extra shipping cost (if they want only 1 or 2 singles, if you want many we need to negotiate a little extra for the shipping).

I think that overall this would please whoever already made an order for IFO who also wants the singles.

I will add the singles to the dat shop later tonight and also mail whoever pre-ordered to ask if they want to add the singles to their pack.

Oh and some news about mind rewind 3 coming soon as well but on another thread :)

• Like 2

Hello draeke!

how are you?

i just want to ask you about the 'probably release' Fluorophilia album from Etnica,that mentioned at compilation The Independence Trance Revival

who contains the track Nice Toy.

My question is if you know,the tracks of this album are spare here and there in other albums and compilations as Equator? and/or later in yours

Live In Athens - Best of Unreleased? which was intended to be the original tracklist?

many congratulations of course for the Pleiadians - IFO augmented reissue,grand work!!

• Like 1

Hello draeke!

how are you?

i just want to ask you about the 'probably release' Fluorophilia album from Etnica,that mentioned at compilation The Independence Trance Revival

who contains the track Nice Toy.

My question is if you know,the tracks of this album are spare here and there in other albums and compilations as Equator? or later in yours

Live In Athens - Best of Unreleased? which was the original tracklist?

many congratulations of course for the Pleiadians - IFO grand work!!

...also there was this album called 'Full Moon Fever' that was supposed to be released in Oct '95... mentioned here:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Alien-Software-For-Alien-Hardware/master/527885

;)

Hello Scenery, frankly, there was never a fixed and defined tracklist for the album.

However what we know for sure it is that it was indeed a mixture of tracks that by now have almost all been released.

I am considering the possibility of such an album for, hmm, 2018. I have too many releases planned ahead on which i am working.

But please, be happy of the NOW, so many tunes are being released that makes little sense in my book to speak about things not even announced.

But please, be happy of the NOW, so many tunes are being released that makes little sense in my book to speak about things not even announced.

I agree... ex: Opale Ep pre-order started - if someone doesn't know- !! First copy/order is mine :wub:

Hello Scenery, frankly, there was never a fixed and defined tracklist for the album.

However what we know for sure it is that it was indeed a mixture of tracks that by now have almost all been released.

I am considering the possibility of such an album for, hmm, 2018. I have too many releases planned ahead on which i am working.

Thank you for your answer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Draeke :-)

I was just wondering if there was already any news about the pink doof t-shirts .... and I know you were quite busy with the Pleiadians release and as we speak probably with the new mMind Rewind release (if not, you should be damnit!! - haha) ... but as I said, I was just wondering cause I find it a great idea ... ;-)

Anyway, as always more than many thanks for all the effort you continuously show .... :-)

• Like 1

I take the chance to answer: yes the idea was to make it in the upcoming spring, anyway Doof is timeless isn't it? and 2016 would mark the 20th anniversary from the release of the CD, so it makes sense. Mind Rewind 3 mastering has been done and we look forward announcing it this weekend together with the tracklist and to then send it to pressing next week. I am sure al will be pleased and we aim to the release for Xmas as we did with previous volumes. Thanks for the nice vibes!

• Like 4