My guess both IFO and JAUTBL would come out separately as 2xCDs, the first one containing IFO Live and the other unreleased tracks from the 93-95 period as an extra disc. At least that's what I hope!

that's also what i hope.

and i do think ifo sounds dated and could profit from being remastered. the original sounds a bit flat and thin at times - at least compared to etnica live in athens. if they can work the same magic with ifo... :o:D

Yes, i'm longing for the Etnica too, but since i have the Pleiadians debut (without giving in ridiculousness) could a re-release appeal to me (and to others alike)?

How about a Live Version of IFO?

How about Alternate versions of all tracks?

How about a VINYL repress!!

If not, you can have the Etnica re-release and stop worrying whether IFO will appeal to the masses. That baby will sell on its own ;)

Both releases will include previously unavailable material, otherwise, what would be the point?
The release will be appealing to whoever has the original pressing, all the compilations and everything they released because there are unheard before tracks in them, unless you partied in 95-97.

IFO will contain pleiadians tracks 1995-1997, spanning on 3CD, including IFO Live, which was the goal since the beginning.

The original IFO album will also have a bonus track . but more details, later ;).

Juggeling information will come a bit later on, since I will release Juggeling later on, they will not be consequential releases, now it is the time of IFO.

• Like 2

Both releases will include previously unavailable material, otherwise, what would be the point?

To make them available (legally, first-hand) for under 50e, maybe? :D

But hey, I definitely won't complain about including extras too, especially like those announced.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course Dolmot, that is the implied reason of a repress, of course to make something rare available again, but I think that whenever possible, you have to include extras and added value to have something that people who own the first pressing would want again, being it a bigger booklet or remastered audio or extra tracks (if they exist)

That said I have not given up on the t-shirt thing and my designer is preparing something for the possible Doof shirt too, I must just find a producer in europe as I don't want to deal any more with import taxes which were heavy from Indonesia.

Of course Dolmot, that is the implied reason of a repress, of course to make something rare available again, but I think that whenever possible, you have to include extras and added value to have something that people who own the first pressing would want again, being it a bigger booklet or remastered audio or extra tracks (if they exist)

That said I have not given up on the t-shirt thing and my designer is preparing something for the possible Doof shirt too.

We just love you Draeke! :)

Doof Re-release + T-shirt + IFO RE-release!! Wooooof!! :)

Makes me wonder. Why wasn't Etnica - Live In Athens 96' T-shirt given a thought? Or did I just completely miss it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Starkraver, the Etnica shirt would be difficult to make as the band are offering official tshirts.

I would hower continue to pursue the realization of the Doof shirt, that is for sure, as soon as i have some news, would be posted :)

• 1 month later...

Ahoy Ahoy!

Summer News, before we all go on holiday in August, even if I know some are already there enjoying a sunbathe somewhere in the world :)

1 Pleiadians IFO: the booklet is almost done (just a part of the interview is missing) and the mastering has been done for 1/3 of the music (CD1). But since there is the need of some audio restoration on the liveset (the mastering brought some dat errors to our attention) we need to slow down a bit on this and we will complete everything after the summer as I will be away 6-26 August, unable to work on anything music-related. I also want to mention that with this release we have achieved a great result sound wise: I have sent a 10 minute sample of the mastered/unmastered version to a well known loudness complainer and he told me the original unmastered was not sounding very good and featured dynamics of 10 on the Foobar dynamic range analyser while the remastering sounds terrific and has a dynamic range of 8, which is an excellent result, meaning the change is really minimal and we preserved almost all of the dynamics of the original version, extra attention has been paid to not have any peak in distortion, anywhere. The artwork is being finalized by Miro, the same Artist who did the awesome job on the Doof reissue, and I can tell you it looks awesome.

2 I have sent in the work the EPs of Opale and Vedama (both mysterious French producers, that have an awesome sound): the artwork is almost done for both but the mastering will be done after IFO is finished. The artwork is also almost finished and looks terrific, courtesy of Vladimir, the same Russian designer who did the Artwork for Virtuart. The EPs will be pressed together with IFO so expect the releases all-together right after the summer.

3 T-shirts: I have some news, some sizes of the original DAT shirts returned to me from India, will update soon the shop. I also have inquired about Doof t-shirts and will look into it in the next days, with more clarity on the project I'd have to know how many people would DEFINITELY want a pink t-shirt, because if I have to make only one for me and one for KingGoaConstrictor, well, maybe I won't do them. I might see if I can make a batch of blacks too but I seriously think pink would be the best looking colour for this. These also would be made for September, as there is not much time left now and takes time.

4 Mind Rewind 3: I have selected already a number of tracks for it and will soon discuss with the team of people cooperating on the series about this all. We aim to release for Christmas. Hope you'll love the idea!

That said, enjoy the summer everyone and DAT will hopefully bring a lot of smiles soon after it...

Draeke

• Like 5

My man Draeke! Great news!! :)

I see you get the Tshirts made from my Home Country.

Is there a way I can buy it directly from here, rather than round tripping from Europe :/ it would be great if I can buy cd's too from ur resident label DJTreeTribe. Let me know if something can be worked out.?

Mind Rewind 3! Wow!

Looking forward.

Cheers!!

P.S- for some reason I can't send you PM's!

Hello Starkraver, no idea why you cannot send me pm but you are welcome to send me an email :), maybe my box here is just full, take a look at DAT website.

About the DAT t-shirts: the first batch was actually manufactured in Indonesia, but did cost too much between the shirts themselves, the special inks and the special "imprint" created for the dat logo, now that i will switch manufacturer, I won't save anything of that.

There was for almost 2 years the option to get a t-shirt from theTreeTribe who had 16 shirts for sale, one per size in every colour. But since he manage to sell only 5 in the said time, I asked him to ship them all back, so what he had left, he sent to me in Italy, literally last week, sorry about that :/.

I don't think I will manufacture any more in Asia as I also had to pay a lot for shipping and import taxes, so I will produce the next in Europe.

To all else: thanks for the support!

All shirts get sold and shipped from DAT Records

Seriously, is this a common complaint for labels these days?

ALL LABELS SHOULD HAVE AMERICAN WAREHOUSES SO THAT I CAN HAVE ALL OF THE SAVINGS OF ALL OF THE STUFF...

Is this real?

I look forward to paying for a shirt and shipping if these ever get made.

It's totally cool...

and whining coming from someone who wanted 60-pounds for a used CD

lolololololololol

THE INVISIBLE HAND OF MARKET CAPITALISM AT WORK.

Fuck, I'm drunk.

I'm going to stop typing now.

All shirts get sold and shipped from DAT Records

Seriously, is this a common complaint for labels these days?

ALL LABELS SHOULD HAVE AMERICAN WAREHOUSES SO THAT I CAN HAVE ALL OF THE SAVINGS OF ALL OF THE STUFF...

Is this real?

I look forward to paying for a shirt and shipping if these ever get made.

It's totally cool...

and whining coming from someone who wanted 60-pounds for a used CD

lolololololololol

THE INVISIBLE HAND OF MARKET CAPITALISM AT WORK.

Fuck, I'm drunk.

I'm going to stop typing now.

Thanks.

And it's 40Euros.

I only asked what I paid myself for a USED cd.

ahahahah, I don't think KingGoa meant any harm with his post, he is always funny and humorous.

That said there are possibilities of shipping with courier to India as well, should you not trust priority/registered air mail from Italy.

I have to say though that prices raised a lot for the postal service, together with a better service in most cases.

Thanks for the feedback about doof shirts, i will try to make them real.

Don't mind me when I'm drunk.

Sorry if I was being a tosser.

I have significantly cut back on drinking, virtually none at all, due to my behaviors when drinking.

I don't even remember making that post, so... this appears to be a good reinforcement to stay off of the booze

Sorry

=(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

September News:

Hello again, that was quick, wasn't it (summer that is)??!

Well with the sun leaving and the year kicking in, so do we at DAT with some projects being finalized.

1 The mastering of Pleiadians - I.F.O. 3CD has finished, and was approved by the Artists themselves who tested the tracks on dancefloors of festivals this summer, so if you heard some tracks that you knew already, sounding particularly sharp, well it might have been a remastered version :)

That said we are proceeding to finalize the artwork, courtesy of Miro (that I met this summer, awesome person beside being super talented) and we then go to pressing. I aim to release in early November, if we manage to send everything off to the plant in this next week. (I know you are all waiting but remember, 2 months from the day i send things to the pressing plant is the standard release time, not much can be done about that, distributors have their rules/timings!).

I wish I could have sent all to the plant in July but it was impossible as nobody finished their work in time and the pressing plant contact I work with usually was on holiday in Bali....

2 The mastering of Vedama and Opale EPs will begin right now, and hopefully we can release them together with IFO, as the artwork has been finished already.

3 I will gather the tracks for Mind Rewind 3 during this month, I already have some reserved/confirmed and there will be nice surprises. I also took into account many suggestions/advice whenever it was possible.

4 The online shop at DAT Records website has been re-opened and will likely be the sole place where I sell my records and t-shirts from now on, as Discogs has introduced some new regulations and more taxes for the sellers, that was not very nice news.

That said I do hope you had a blasting/marvelous summer and for whoever is in Belgium, I will be djing Saturday the 19th of September in Antwerp, let me know if you'd come and do say hello if you see me.

Best Vibes to everyone!!

• Like 2