Does he owe people products and/or money? I'm not owed anything, but unsure if others are owed something. 

I've seen this in the metal scene, where someone will set up a label with success for a time, only to eventually rip many off. A heavy drug habit is usually the cause. Definitely NOT saying that's the case here, because I don't know either way! 

• Haha 1

^not as far as I know. Anyway, I recommend people to take control of their BC purchesses from DAT Rec. and Download what they bought before and if they dissapear completely only to remain as physical collector items. I have now DL from my BC :

Etnica - Live In Athens 1996
Analog Visions - V/A
Trip To The Stars EP by Morphic Resonance

^ I found them by just searching DAT Records in my BC collection,

Doof - Let's Turn On < I had to search Doof in my BC to find it in my collection .. 

https://www.discogs.com/label/132833-DAT-Records

And for the record, I've spent more money on DAT Records but not for my self, I've bought some Gifts : ) 

I also have the Pleiadiens 3xCD but that one I bought from a seller on discogs. My ex- got the Crop Circles album, so I will rip that one from her. 

• Thanks 1

Can you PLEASE stop speculating and spread BULLSHIT?

Go to DAT Records Facebook page and you will get notifications! If you don't have Facebook, it is YOUR problem!
Federico or anyone else has NO obligation to come in every forum to explain his plans!

However, he is notified and he will come at some point. For the moment i can assure you that he doesn't owe anything to anyone, and the Bandcamp page will be active again. Probably it will be a completely new page. At what time exactly i don't know, but at the end is nobody's business. For the moment the label is focused on the triple CD Total Eclipse release at the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well, it seems that if I disappear for a while to actually finish the transitional work and don't come here, you guys really miss me ! So one thing at a time please:

First of all this thread is about the work we have been doing as a team for years and I believe we did some great releases, which were always praised, especially by some of the members here as well. A forum It's not really my favourite place to come to, I'd rather work on facebook where updates are posted more often and where we have also Mark curating some awesome flashback Fridays every week. If that is not being active, as we were finished preparing an incredible release, I don't know what is :D

I am really pleased to announce the 3CD of Total Eclipse has been finally sent to the press last week. By the way, just as a side note, the music and artwork were ready in January but there was a delay with the booklet, which features the history of Total Eclipse that was acquired through different interviews that our collaborator Cosmogenesis took at different times with the band. After the transcription there was a revision and then an accurate check and revision courtesy of Mark (DJ Solitare) and Pavlos who always help creating wonderful booklets. Then, there was the hard work of finding the right photos for said booklet and all this process took months, so, that how we arrived to June this year.

Finally we also launched DAT Universe the new label which will include other genres and sub-labels too, so yes, we all have been pretty busy and frankly coming to comment here was not a priority. I also have a real job to attend, which is not related to music, so there's that. Also, in the meantime we continued to release almost monthly with UnreleasedGoaRecords, I worked on those releases as well, through the whole time, so it's not really we have not done antyhing.

Finally, I am not on a tropical island, unfortunately, and cannot really see the point of messages about a work I did for a compilation, which was agreed with the label owner. If someone wants to discuss anything with me, should do so on facebook and privately, not on a forum. 

I thought the work we did as a collective was something appreciated and if a label takes time to make things in a diligent way, gets accused of disappearing.

Bandcamp will be launched at the end of the month when the Total Eclipse CD will be released, and hope that this message covers everything. I probably should have this thread closed at this point because I don't really like the vibe going on, will have a new thread about the new label which should be better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Apologies for contributing to the negative vibe. I'm not up on Facebook or any social media, so wasn't aware of updates beyond what's said here, which has been silent for the past six months. Getting chided by DJ Sunburn for not having Facebook is pretty silly, but I won't hold it against him. 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Grayling said:

Apologies for contributing to the negative vibe. I'm not up on Facebook or any social media, so wasn't aware of updates beyond what's said here, which has been silent for the past six months. Getting chided by DJ Sunburn for not having Facebook is pretty silly, but I won't hold it against him. 

Well dear friend, i only wanted to mention the fact that almost everyone is on Facebook so we all do our works, communication, friendships etc. there... i have dozens of accounts on different sites but i rarely, or never, go there anymore, since literally everyone i know is on Facebook...

There, we have also groups, very similar to the forums but with a lot more options... i administrate 3 totally different groups and i have 4 personal professional pages there, so really, there is no time to go anywhere else (since we have personal life and other works in real life too) and the above applies more or less to many people i know.

I won't say that this kind of "monopoly" is good (because it is not!), but now it is like that.
I never meant to "suggest" that anyone should have Facebook. :)

....and by the way, it is Sunborn (Sun + born aka the one who is born from the Sun... for more info check on the ancient Egyptian mysteries ^_^ )  and NOT Sunburn!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, draeke said:

Well, it seems that if I disappear for a while to actually finish the transitional work and don't come here, you guys really miss me ! So one thing at a time please:

First of all this thread is about the work we have been doing as a team for years and I believe we did some great releases, which were always praised, especially by some of the members here as well. A forum It's not really my favourite place to come to, I'd rather work on facebook where updates are posted more often and where we have also Mark curating some awesome flashback Fridays every week. If that is not being active, as we were finished preparing an incredible release, I don't know what is :D

I am really pleased to announce the 3CD of Total Eclipse has been finally sent to the press last week. By the way, just as a side note, the music and artwork were ready in January but there was a delay with the booklet, which features the history of Total Eclipse that was acquired through different interviews that our collaborator Cosmogenesis took at different times with the band. After the transcription there was a revision and then an accurate check and revision courtesy of Mark (DJ Solitare) and Pavlos who always help creating wonderful booklets. Then, there was the hard work of finding the right photos for said booklet and all this process took months, so, that how we arrived to June this year.

Finally we also launched DAT Universe the new label which will include other genres and sub-labels too, so yes, we all have been pretty busy and frankly coming to comment here was not a priority. I also have a real job to attend, which is not related to music, so there's that. Also, in the meantime we continued to release almost monthly with UnreleasedGoaRecords, I worked on those releases as well, through the whole time, so it's not really we have not done antyhing.

Finally, I am not on a tropical island, unfortunately, and cannot really see the point of messages about a work I did for a compilation, which was agreed with the label owner. If someone wants to discuss anything with me, should do so on facebook and privately, not on a forum. 

I thought the work we did as a collective was something appreciated and if a label takes time to make things in a diligent way, gets accused of disappearing.

Bandcamp will be launched at the end of the month when the Total Eclipse CD will be released, and hope that this message covers everything. I probably should have this thread closed at this point because I don't really like the vibe going on, will have a new thread about the new label which should be better.

Great stuff! :) I even got an automatic notification from Facebook right now about the name change of the main label. So Facebook is very practical indeed. Any plans to make a reddit page perhaps? Or maybe there is already. :) Anyways best wishes for the upcoming releases and sub-labels. Hope there will be some cool experimental stuff.

Whats the situation with all those pleiadians/mind rewind projects?

Personally I think facebook sucks for good discussion. Forums have their place but it's a shame people don't recognize it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Penzoline said:

Whats the situation with all those pleiadians/mind rewind projects?

Personally I think facebook sucks for good discussion. Forums have their place but it's a shame people don't recognize it.

Yeah, but I think forums might actually make a comeback in the future. Since more and more internet content is effectively beeing gated behind the walls of facebook. That opens up for the possibility that when/and if Facebook and other tech giants gets regulated in the future for abusing their market dominance, internet might perhaps go back to what it once was :) Or something entirely new and different of course (most likely). Everything changes constantly, it's just quite surprising how long Facebook has managed to maintain their hegemony.

I personally think there are up and downsides to the different platforms (classical forums/facebook etc). One thing I don't like about the structure on facebook is how messy it is, if one page let's say Psynews would have all it's content there, it wouldn't work and have the same logical layout as it manages to have here. With review sections etc. On Facebook all the content is streamlined and fed to the users in the typical feed fashion. Which makes for a rather messy experience, which doesn't fit all types of content. Like music reviews for example. The facebook format is very improvised, and they've added functions in a modular fashion as they've gone along. So the coherency isn't really there always.

Anyways a little OT departure from the original topic. :D 

Facebook is part of the global conspiracy to steal our brains and upload them into the internet making us eternal prisoners of the data net that will be utilized to wage cybernetic world war 3 on those who never surrendered to the Facebook horde. 

Whoever tagged this as confused: you're only confused because half your brain has been uploaded to Facebook. It's not too late, delete your account while you have the chance! 

Edited by Grayling
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Grayling said:

Facebook is part of the global conspiracy to steal our brains and upload them into the internet making us eternal prisoners of the data net that will be utilized to wage cybernetic world war 3 on those who never surrendered to the Facebook horde. 

Skynet confirmed. ;) 

• Haha 1

I remember a time when the main way to get any news from my favourite labels was by seeing a new release on the Record shop shelves. 

Spoiled brats. :P (That's a joke, in case anyone is offended).

@DJ SunbornSeriously m8, take it down a notch. The way you reply is not much better than the people's posts you are referring too. I can see a negative aura surrounding you. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Sure I don't have facebook, instagram and twitter. But it is what it is. Just give me the Total Eclipse cd. =))

What happened to DAT GOA? Is it included in the DAT Universe?

On 6/3/2021 at 11:58 PM, Dolmot said:

Bah, I just check the 12" promo sheets. B)

Cool, not just me still using fax machines, lol. =))

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, thanosp81 said:

@DJ SunbornSeriously m8, take it down a notch. The way you reply is not much better than the people's posts you are referring too. I can see a negative aura surrounding you. :rolleyes:

Oh really? ...and where exactly did you "see" my aura? on a crystal ball? or by hacking my camera? ^_^

Well... do not believe what you see, the phenomena deceives... look behind them...
So, as you understand you are obviously mistaken...  what you see is not my personality but my reaction to what anyone writes...
it is really a simple philosophy: when someone offers love gets back love, when offer respect gets back respect, when offer irony gets back irony and when offer shit gets back a shithole.  :P

It is simple, instant Karma, you may say.

...anyway, for your information, my aura is extremely positive but only for positive people,
and the way i talk is the way of my generation: freaks, punks and 90's ravers... a generation who valued truth and straight opinion, over fake politeness... a generation with deep sense of grotesque humor and a generation who hated criticism and accepted anyone for what he/she was... probably you belong to a younger generation, but worry not! that's cool too! Cheers! :wub:

• Confused 1

On 6/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, DJ Sunborn said:

Oh really? ...and where exactly did you "see" my aura? on a crystal ball? or by hacking my camera? ^_^

Well... do not believe what you see, the phenomena deceives... look behind them...
So, as you understand you are obviously mistaken...  what you see is not my personality but my reaction to what anyone writes...
it is really a simple philosophy: when someone offers love gets back love, when offer respect gets back respect, when offer irony gets back irony and when offer shit gets back a shithole.  :P

It is simple, instant Karma, you may say.

...anyway, for your information, my aura is extremely positive but only for positive people,
and the way i talk is the way of my generation: freaks, punks and 90's ravers... a generation who valued truth and straight opinion, over fake politeness... a generation with deep sense of grotesque humor and a generation who hated criticism and accepted anyone for what he/she was... probably you belong to a younger generation, but worry not! that's cool too! Cheers! :wub:

:) 

• Like 2