Draeke has been logged in on psynews but has chosen not to answer or come with an official statement yet. The silent approach might not be very helpful I think, closing down the bandcamp might be a way to close a channel where people asked a lot of questions? I think all the supporters on bandcamp and here on psynews deserve better. 

If anything this teaches us the fragile nature of purchasing digital goods, I've experienced similar things when purchasing movies on different platforms that were removed. We basically rent the movies/music for an unspecified time, unless there is a way to download it. Which fortunately is an option in the case on bandcamp. But yeah sucks for those affected who didn't get a notice prior to the removal of the catalogue, so they could've downloaded it all in  time.

4 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Draeke has failed to fulfill any of his contractual obligations to the musicians & therefore they've taken back the music from him. 

Have it from good word from one of the artists on the label. He is a con artist & abuser of rights. 

Also get a proper check done on the vinyl like I did. The quality is absolute rubbish. I get more quality out of them as frisbees than the music. 

you are delusional and know nothing
you need to fulfill your contractual obligation by leaving this site

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, AstralSphinx said:

The silent approach might not be very helpful I think

Indeed. While I understand the "not commenting things in progress" approach, the community tends to fill that void with speculation and rumours, and those often turn ugly. At least some of them could be easily dispelled.

• Like 1

But it's like 'be patient, covid'... and here we are a month later with open EU borders and no news on DAT Records, except for things going even further south than they were a month ago. So what's happening? 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Dolmot said:

Indeed. While I understand the "not commenting things in progress" approach, the community tends to fill that void with speculation and rumours, and those often turn ugly. At least some of them could be easily dispelled.

Exactly, all it takes is some few well selected words from Draeke, to end all speculation/pitchforking. :) I mean if you have the time to delete the bandcamp and to even log in here, what's the big deal? Just say hi atleast. Anyways the label was great and very consistent over they years. To be able to maintain a quality output like that for such a long time within a relatively niche segment of the market, that is a far cry from the revenues of other genres, is quite a feat. So my hats of and I wish Draeke all the best for the future. Hopefully there will be more goa. :) I remember very fondly when DAT Records was launched/announced here on psynews in 2008 or so, with a smashing first release Crop Circles ‎– Tetrahedron. If this is the end of the label, then it has been 12 good years. Stellar releases across the board, I don't use vinyls so I can't really comment on the quality of those, and yeah vinyls seems to be a kinda difficult format.

Hello Everyone, OK, let's all take a breath and address a few things. First of all, I can see that me just taking a pause from the goa trance scene was interpreted as basically any possible interpretation ever. But let's then answer about some of the things that were expressed on this thread:

A number of DAT releases expired past the original contracts with the artists after X number of years, and so we are renegotiating to continue to make remaining copies available as possible. Meanwhile, Covid also put a big halt to several planned releases for the year, which we are continuing to prepare for the time when we can move forward (in one case, mastering is done, artwork and booklets in preparation). And you will see that our Unreleased Goa sub label continues to release every couple of weeks.

I realize how the no-notice suspension of our bandcamp while we undergo updating logistics and preparations could lead to speculation but the rumours being spread here are simply not true.

Thank you for staying tuned while we update the website, catalogue, and new releases.

About me logging in and not commenting, well, I have been a lot of time offline and a few times I connected I have read a few things but did not feel like writing explanations on how I run this venture and the choice we made in the meantime. I was more preoccupied with the global crisis, the pandemic and also the fact a lot of people have lost their job and are in difficulties, so actually we wanted to halt all operations to see how things were looking and about to be globally.

I am sorry someone feels like our records are only good as frisbee and I'd like this person to write me privately and tell me exactly what were his concerns and what releases he has bought, if he feels like.

Oh and lastly, I had to change my password twice, and a couple of times i got banned for retrying to log some times, so i did not feel really at ease and it might be someone tried to hack my account. In the meantime I have been living in the countryside to be safe from a terrible infection that in italy was very strong, so to be safe. And with less internet we slowed down but we indeed worked a lot on the UGR sublabel to show we were still active.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hey great to finally hear something from the source :). Looking forwards to the new releases in the pipeline. Keep up the good work, finally we can put our imaginative conspiracy theories to rest lol. It's like they say, if you have popcorns but no drama, well you need to create it. :D

I do understand the need for taking a break etc. but transparency and informing your fans goes a long way rather than being silent and having a lot of things happen. People are passionate about the music and I feel speculation over oddities is only natural as they care about the label. Great news that everything should get back in order though. :)

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, draeke said:

A number of DAT releases expired past the original contracts with the artists after X number of years, and so we are renegotiating to continue to make remaining copies available as possible. 
I realize how the no-notice suspension of our bandcamp while we undergo updating logistics and preparations could lead to speculation but the rumours being spread here are simply not true.

releases expired past the original contracts but why did the recent releases like gangguru or kuro and charm disappear? they are 1 or 2 years old max

• Like 1

Hello everyone, we can share some more news now, in all these months we have worked actively to the reorganisation of the label and we are almost done, we have recently received  some papers and we are getting ready. During this whole process we had to close everything down and that is exactly what we have done. When we can, we will re-open the website and bandcamp of course, but this still needs to wait a little longer.

What I can instead announce is that we have reached an agreement with Total Eclipse during the last ZNA and we have worked since then to a fantastic release that will bepublished on 3CD, we are practically ready to go to pressing now. 

We are super excited about this and very happy to be releasing  this historical release.
Happy New Year  :)!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, draeke said:

Hello everyone, we can share some more news now, in all these months we have worked actively to the reorganisation of the label and we are almost done, we have recently received  some papers and we are getting ready. During this whole process we had to close everything down and that is exactly what we have done. When we can, we will re-open the website and bandcamp of course, but this still needs to wait a little longer.

What I can instead announce is that we have reached an agreement with Total Eclipse during the last ZNA and we have worked since then to a fantastic release that will bepublished on 3CD, we are practically ready to go to pressing now. 

We are super excited about this and very happy to be releasing  this historical release.
Happy New Year  :)!

So when your Bandcamp page comes back online, will those of us who have purchased albums in the past have access to them again? I've bought nearly all of what you had up before and I'm not happy that everything disappeared. I'm sure I'm not only the only one who feels this way. 

• Like 1

@Grayling : your albums have not disappeared at all, you can access all that you have purchased before, it's still available in your bandcamp profile, look for them. And of course when we re-open the page they will be there as well.

6 minutes ago, draeke said:

@Grayling : your albums have not disappeared at all, you can access all that you have purchased before, it's still available in your bandcamp profile, look for them. And of course when we re-open the page they will be there as well.

Unfortunately I don't typically use my phone to listen to music, so I have to download (I'm old and old fashioned... MP3 players). I have all the files right now, but prefer to be able to download when I need to. Glad to hear that full access will be available once you're back up and running, thanks for replying. 

Hey, also really looking forward to the Total Eclipse release... great return to form! 

good to hear things are slowly coming back together over there

As for Bandcamp: I always always always encourage people to download their music locally. One never knows when a platform may disappear and it's not smart to solely rely on other people's platforms. Save your music locally and consider the Bandcamp (or whatever) streams as a bonus feature that could disappear at any moment. =)

@Penzoline, it's one full liveset on the first cd, one full cd of studio material and one full cd of their early years (proto goa), and yes everything is unreleased and from the 90s :)!

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Any updates on how things are progressing with getting the bandcamp stuff back up? I'd like to buy Kuro and Charm if at all possible. And looking forward to Total Eclipse if it's still going to materialize. 

• Sad 1

i'M PLAYING BOTH eTNICA LIVE, AND (ups caps) Analog Visions VA on my Bandcamp App now. And I can DL them .. In my collection I see analog Vision when I search 'dat rec', but to find Etnica I have to search 'etnica'. On the DAT rec. page it self, there are non music to be seen. Yes reals bros.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:58 AM, Grayling said:

Any updates on how things are progressing with getting the bandcamp stuff back up? I'd like to buy Kuro and Charm if at all possible. And looking forward to Total Eclipse if it's still going to materialize. 

i have a feeling he is hiding something

• Sad 1

Give it another six months. Maybe a year. OK, maybe a few years. I'm sure we'll hear something eventually though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1