Since we don't have an official statement yet, it opens up for speculation. I don't know what happened, and hopefully it will be solved somehow. It's fantastic music in those very unique releases that were removed from bandcamp etc.

The Crop Circles/Etnica/Pleiadians DNA was always at the core of what this label was about. It started with Crop Circles after all. Perhaps the involved parts are still in negotiations regarding the distribution? Hence perhaps why Draeke has maintained a low profile? Anyhow silence speaks too sometimes. Hopefully we will get some news soon. I'm sure Draeke reads this thread every once in a while. ;)

Atleast the lucky ones who got the releases on CD/Vinyl before all they got removed might be sitting on a treasure, if demand is high and the prints were low? I have no clue about how many copies were printed/sold. :) But the goa projects of these Italian artists were certainly always very popular among collectors.

58 minutes ago, Dolmot said:

Definitely aliens.

Of course.. there have been signs.. in the fields. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, technosomy said:

he is currently out of the city at moment with all this virus chaos going on
with minimal internet connection
will be touching down soon
for now you mob can put your pitchforks down

Thanks! :) I was wondering if the corona situation was somehow affecting the label's operation. Which I wrote in another thread with a video interview with Draeke by psynews I think.

I copy and paste this here as this thread is more active, which I wrote in the Pleiadians I.F.O 2015 DAT Records review thread:

To those that own this and the Etnica - Live In Athens, which live album is better according to you? Of course two very different albums, but in terms of creation, they differ I think. Since the Etnica one wasn't a planned recording I suppose, from what I read in the sleeve on discogs. 

• 4 weeks later...

I guess the good thing is the prices will go up on the Etnica/Pleidians/Crop Circles released on DAT. Unless we get some unexpected news soon. *Fingers crossed* Some news regarding other upcoming releases on this label would be nice :) I'm sure there's plenty of unreleased DAT killerz waiting in the pipeline. 

I still have several copies of all the variants of the Pleiadians - IFO 4xLP for sale so if anyone is interested just PM me and we'll sort it out. 60 euros for galaxy and 50 euros for the 2 other variants + shipping. Don't pay any of the prices on discogs, way too expensive.

23 hours ago, technosomy said:

what is it you guys wanting to know????
like i said, he is taking a break and gone country with no internet

We want goa? :D this is psynews ya dig ;) it's just dat DAT (no pund intended) happens to be one of the best labels around for that purpose. :wub: For me any of these old dat tapes brought back to life with stellar mastering is worth a thousand times more than any new goa released. It's the closest we can get to the golden era really. So of course we make a fuzz here :D

It would be far worse if no one cared here, this just shows that this label's output is hugely appreciated. Are there any releases planned for the summer for exampe? That's the type of stuff this thread is about. Thankfully I still have some backlog to discover from DAT, so I'm not complaining. :)

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, AstralSphinx said:

We want goa? :D this is psynews ya dig ;) it's just dat DAT (no pund intended) happens to be one of the best labels around for that purpose. :wub: For me any of these old dat tapes brought back to life with stellar mastering is worth a thousand times more than any new goa released. It's the closest we can get to the golden era really. So of course we make a fuzz here :D

It would be far worse if no one cared here, this just shows that this label's output is hugely appreciated. Are there any releases planned for the summer for exampe? That's the type of stuff this thread is about. Thankfully I still have some backlog to discover from DAT, so I'm not complaining. :)

i can't really say anything else at this point except patience is a virtue

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, juril said:

Am I imagining or is https://datrecords.bandcamp.com/ completely empty?

Well it seems there is nothing there, not even a label/info page/graphics/background? Nothing comes up when searching for the label on bandcamp either. Maybe the label folded/closed down? 

I clicked the link thinking it would be just the music that would have been temporarily removed, until problems were solved. :( Because last time I checked, it was only the Pleiadians/Crop Circles/Etnica stuff missing. If my memory serves me correctly that is. I remember vaguely that a compilation I'm interested in was still there, no audio previews tho. The compilation featuring Ra. Perhaps on some other bandcamp/sublabel.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:27 AM, technosomy said:

for now you mob can put your pitchforks down

Can we take up our pitchforks again? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Penzoline said:

What? They don't allow that even though you've purchased them?

Bandcamp does not provide streaming or storage services. It's official role is selling/offering files that you need to download and keep. Anytime they want, an artist or label can remove the files without prior notice and with no legal obligations. 

My cds are not going anywhere though :)