Any hope for Mind Rewind 4 in digital?

Probably not.

I mean, I'll let Draeke give the real answer, but these are always printed to a finite amout of physical copies. It's part of the standard licensing with the artists. All proceeds go to charity. Like, this is the same answer every time. It's how these comps are. Deal with it people... 

I hate CDs too. I get it... but it's okay that some things are on vinyl, some CDs, some digital, some all... Welcome to life =)

@KiNG i never knew you hated CDs but however, we have just announced details into the newsletter, to which anyone can subscribe here:

https://tinyletter.com/dat_records 

It's been a slow evolution. 
I don't have good CD players. I listen to records or digital files. CDs are kind of a weird between area. I will buy if necessary, but prefer to buy records with digital download codes.
=) 

On 16/09/2017 at 9:41 PM, the goa constrictor said:

Probably not.

Seriously though, why? I mean, maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here but as a charity thing, would it not make more sense to offer digital as well? I mean, bar the 15% bandcamp cut, ALL proceeds could go directly to the cause. However, when it comes to cd version, the money associated with shipping and manufacturing just goes in the wrong pockets. 

I hear your call Mantra and understand your point of view, i know there is a marginal market of people going digital but this is a retro compilation and we have kind of made it with certain parameters and respecting the general consensus, it was made to be a physical release and we originally made some agreements with the artists and the contributors and original creator of the series all backed up the CD only project. I don't think we can change this pattern easily, if you just want to support the charity then go ahead and pledge a donation to them , they are doing an amazing job for the kids in Goa! I understand that you are disappointed but if we can make this volume 4 any different, we will do it, i will bring the idea up to add a digital version for this edition and see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, draeke said:

I hear your call Mantra and understand your point of view, i know there is a marginal market of people going digital but this is a retro compilation and we have kind of made it with certain parameters and respecting the general consensus, it was made to be a physical release and we originally made some agreements with the artists and the contributors and original creator of the series all backed up the CD only project. I don't think we can change this pattern easily, if you just want to support the charity then go ahead and pledge a donation to them , they are doing an amazing job for the kids in Goa! I understand that you are disappointed but if we can make this volume 4 any different, we will do it, i will bring the idea up to add a digital version for this edition and see what happens.

No problems! Thanks for the good will and for clarifying things up. :)

• 2 months later...

Mind Rewind is a CHARITY PROJECT. IF you want to sponsor the children you'll have to BUY the CD

(OR let's set up that The Mango Tree sell's the digital files!??) 

If this isn't a transparent project..... there is no point going with this project. 

Just my 0.02€  ofc 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, sorry it's all been a little slow, and it's time for me to add some proper reply to this thread. 

Everything has been in the work since a long time, I signed the deal for etnica 3cd in 2015 when i was last in Ibiza with the guys at the studio, and as you can see the cd is going to be finally published in April 2018, did i plan such a long time needed to finalise things? nope, it just happened. But in the meantime I pressed IFO vinyl and many more things happened, so i always work at different projects simultaneously but then i still follow a certain release schedule that was decided a long time ago.

There are even more releases that are in the pipeline and not announced, but i cannot announce every release from datcd10 to datcd18, can i? I have plans and ideas for many other discs and even for some vinyl. Contracts have been signed already and tracks have been paid for for some upcoming release. Heck , Analog Visions is almost ready and some tracks we have paid for in 2014, so as you can see, it's just not so quick when dealing with oldschool artists and tracks. Sometimes it takes forever to find a good dat version, and then to get an agreement too, but we want to make things in the best possible way and i can't wait to sign the deals for the last few tracks that i want to publish on Analog Visions.

GangGuru album is ready too, but i still need to get the tracks mastered and the artwork done, however the tracklist is final and all is ready, so it will happen soon, together with Analog Visions and not even mercury retrograde will stop us :).

I also have to add that I am personally volunteering in Thailand at the moment, helping kids at an association called Asian Center Foundation, I welcome you to check them out, they are a Christian organisation that has helped kids in Phuket since 2001 or so, and I am doing a lot with them, loving every minute of it. Because of child protection agreements I cannot really post pictures online of the kids with us, but they are having an amazing time and each and every time they smile, they fill my heart with joy. So that is what I am doing until may but then I will be back in italy and in the meantime in the evenings i am following DAT Records sales and progress in my releasing schedule (slowly but steadily).

So thanks for the support and about Mind Rewind 4, as usual not many are helping, but I managed to get the license for at least one track, so it's a start, a vinyl only that will hopefully surprise many as it's not a "common one".

Cheers :)

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

Hello Everyone, here are the latest news for DAT Records ;) 

We are celebrating the 10 years anniversary of the label, as on the 19th of December 2008 the dream became reality and the long lost album of the Crop Circles was finally released for the first time on CD. It seems incredible and just like yesterday when I have started. Something that was created as the adventure of a single passionate lover of Goa Trance music became much bigger. During these wonderful years I was joined and helped by some lovely collaborators and DAT Records became a worldwide recognized label, so it’s time to celebrate now!

And here in details:

First: VA – Analog Visions [DATCD011]

This compilation completes the wonderful Analog trilogy devoted to releasing unheard gems of the past and we truly think that this third volume is magical.

DJ Draeke, with the help of DJ Solitare, has selected the best possible tracks for this release that will be a testament to an epoch that has disappeared, and is a perfect compilation to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the DAT Records label.

We offer you for the very first time these unique live and alternate versions to hear how goa trance was heard at parties when artists were doing real performances on stage with a multitude of synths, tweaking and shaping tracks into spectacular versions in the moment.

All the tracks appearing in this release have been tested in recent years on dancefloors all over the world, and some of them are so rare that even the producers did not have copies. It is just thanks to in-depth research that they could be located and then brought back to life with fresh mastering.

As usual, the release comes with a fabulous 8-page booklet with stories and trivia about all of these spectacular tracks. For this incredible occasion we have also recovered some long sold-out special coloured jewel cases, so this release will stand out as something unique in your collection.

We hope you will support the hard work behind this release that took around 4 years to bring to reality.

CD Tracklist:

1. Hallucinogen - Demention (Alternate Mix)
2. Technossomy - The Pyramid (Live Mix)
3. Total Eclipse - The Furnace (Summer 1996 Live Mix)§
4. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Conflict (Live In New York 1997 Mix)
5. Jaïa - Insomnie (Live Mix)
6. Quid - Code S9 (Transwave Mix)
7. Etnica - Vimana (Pleiadians 1998 Live Mix)
8. Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles (Doof Desk Mix)

Digital Download Tracklist:

1. Hallucinogen - Demention (Alternate Mix)
2. Technossomy - The Pyramid (Live Mix)
3. Total Eclipse - The Furnace (Summer 1996 Live Mix)
4. Tetrahedron - Quicksand (Remix)
5. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Conflict (Live In New York 1997 Mix)
6. Quid - Code S9 (Transwave Mix)
7. Etnica - Vimana (Pleiadians 1998 Live Mix)
8. Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles (Doof Desk Mix)
9. Jaïa - Insomnie (Live Mix)

Compiled By, Executive-Producer: DJ Draeke, DJ Solitare
Concept By, Design, Artwork, Art Direction, Artwork Revision: Federico Draeke
Design, Artwork: Shiva Ohm
Audio Restoration: Federico Draeke
Liner Notes, Interviewer: Mark Ainley, Federico Draeke
Mastered By: Jaroslav Valo
Release Date: 18th January 2019
Barcode No: 5060376223125

This release exist in 5 different coloured Jewel-Cases, 100 copies for each colour: Blue, Red, Yellow, Orange, and Green but the Blue variant is available exclusively from DAT Records, everywhere else you will get a random colour.

Second: The Crop Circles vinyl release

We haven’t announced this officially yet, neither on the webpage nor on any social media but we are taking steps toward making this release a reality. Because it’s been 10 years, and because the cd has been long sold out now, we thought of something special for each and all of you.

For this I have decided to make things properly, and went back listening to all the DAT material ripped through the years from the Etnica and Lotus Omega archives plus all the other recordings found among DAT collectors and DJs of the époque. We have discovered some unreleased tracks and some different mixes of the famous released tracks of the band and we have assembled a wonderful triple vinyl release.

We will master everything again from the original source files and we chose our preferred mastering engineer for this job, Jaro of Analog Dimensions who made an awesome job with all our latest releases. The pre-order page will be setup in January.

The release should be accompanied by yet some awesome extra vinyl, but those will be announced when the page is up and running…

As usual we will offer at least two variants of the release to please everyone’s taste but it’s possible we’ll even make a splatter version this time, hoping to attract even more vinyl collectors.
We know that you’ll love this idea and we will go forward with it very soon.

3rd: Mind Rewind 4 - Update

Mind Rewind series is going well and strongly, and we are so happy that we have reached the incredible sum of over 10.000 British Pounds donated to the Charity in India. This money helped the kids tremendously and it's all THANKS TO YOU.

Check the official newsletter of the charity we support here, where we are mentioned with our donations, check here:

http://www.mangotreegoa.org/NewsIndex_2017Q3.htm

We have secured some tracks and slowly but steadily it will be out during the first quarter of 2019 and we will also offer a digital download version for this release as the requests have been constant and we don’t want to ignore them. Just know that the worldwide shipping for the CD version will be of only 5 euro, not too much considering it is for a good cause, and nothing beats having the original release in your hands, but we do respect people who have gone digital only.

4th: Gangguru - Be Your Own Guru [DATCD012]

The triple album of Gangguru is something completely unexpected, a treasure from the past teleported right to the present. This music was preserved on DAT tapes by the band, and a couple of years ago the DAT Records team digitised it and with the help of the producers identified and sorted a multitude of storming Goa Trance tracks. These have been remastered and tested on dance-floors during this period and it's now time to unleash them to the future for everyone to have and enjoy. These tracks are potent DJ tools and were played all over back in the 90s, at least one DJ remembering the band's early productions being played in Goa in 1996.

DAT Records is proud to present a spectacular selection of the best of the best from over a hundred tracks that the band produced in the 90s, and we are sure that many will remember these tracks from their partying times and others will delight in hearing these creations for the first time.

The tracks have been wonderfully remastered and are ready to be played out loud at events for years to come, so have fun and enjoy the trippy and magical music of Gangguru!

Be sure to get your original copy so you can read the incredible story of the band and the behind-the-scenes tales that emerged during an extensive interview.

Artwork: Federico Draeke
Mastering: Jaroslav Valo @ Analog Dimension
Style: Goa Trance, Psychedelic Trance
Barcode No: 5060376223132
Release Date: 7th September 2018

5th: K.U.R.O & more…

Just know that a K.U.R.O. retro album is being finalised and will be released in 2019 together with more exciting releases that will be announced soon ;).

To conclude we do hope that you all have spent a wonderful Christmas and that there will be a lot of joy when reading this update from us, so thanks once again for the support and nice vibes to Everyone!

Federico Draeke

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Widar, thanks for the reminder, we are almost ready to go, the tracks are already being mastered, then we will decide how to proceed, like colors of the records and whatnot, but it's looking sharp. Artwork adaptation has been done already as well :) it's going to be epic!

• 1 month later...

We want to celebrate the beginning of the Spring with some great news: K.U.R.O. the master of Japanese melodies has agreed to release an incredible album on DAT Records, rare and unreleased tracks from the 90s that will surely delight everyone.

It is going to be a triple journey through the musical landscapes and textures which will include music created with the project Charm courtesy of Takeichirou Kurosaki together with Tatsuo Endo.

Expect a wonderful release in about a few months!

Other things are coming soon, but it was about time we properly announced DATCD014 first. The album has been in the work for some time and we are very happy of the final outcome. Tracklist coming soon ;)

ありがとうございました

DAT Rec KURO & CHARM_Front Cover (12x12) 150.jpg

• Like 2

Thanosp81 the same designer who made 90% of the covers for DAT, Miro. He is our official designer.