Which Goa/NeoGoa artists have you seen live?

Shpongled247

Well, being from Australia, my actual real amount until this weekend is literally Zero. Or maybe one.

I just found out Blackstarrfinale is playing London this wkend though and am going to that so rather amped about it as I loved his album and keen to pay my respects and say hi.

I partied too hard the night/day before and missed Dimension 5 last year at Lost Theory, much to my total and utter disappointment.. ugh..

But i guess i have seen a "retro" Green nuns set that my friend got Dick to play on the banks of the Brisbane river. That was definitely awesome.

So who (of goa artists only) have you actually seen live, and how was it?

this 'neo' term throws me off and not sure what goes with its classification.

as for goa artists in general - I've only seen Filteria here in NY in 2010. I enjoyed it as the morning hours already had the hot sun on us. I remember not being too energetic as I stayed up late the night before but I still got a little boogy'n on ;p

Agneton, CoaGoa, Lunar Dawn, Nova Fractal, Cels, BlackStarrFinale, Etnica, Pleiadians, The Muses Rapt, Bell Size Park, Omnivox (Vox), Nostromosis, Zeus, Alienapia (Zymosis side project), Arronax, JIS, Asirion (Makhana), Nolax, Asia 2001.

And this saturday i play on party with Iceman, Ephedra, Ion Vader, Persistent Aura so i think they can already be on list. Maybe some more i can't remember at moment...

I would barely see/hear anyone if i didn't played with them together :D

PS. I enjoyed every set but best are Nolax and Asia 2001!

What I can remember...

Dimension 5

Astral Projection

Zirrex

Prana

Crossing Mind

Shakta

Total Eclipse

Transwave/Deedrah

Logic Bomb

Green Nuns Of The Revolution

Filteria

Electric Universe

Merr0w

Toi Doi

X-Dream

Ajna

Innerspace

Nolax

Goasia

E-Mantra

Psy-H Project

Psychowave

Afgin

Blackstarrfinale

Zelur Project

Cyan

Trivia

Amithaba Buddha/Lost Buddha/Pandemonium/Räma

Shivax

Goalien

Ion Vader

Phara0m

Hypnotic Signal

Radical Distortion

Space Cat

Oforia

Eyal Iceman

Vox

Liquid Flow

Space Elves/Imba

Zed Reactor

The Grey Guy

Persistent Aura

Lapsus

Antares

Shidapu

Omegahertz

Khetzal

Future Prophecy

Ephedra

Judaika

Asmik

New Born

Nova Fractal

Psysutra

Artifact303 (before back to space)

E-Mantra

Filteria (x3)

Goasia

Astral Projection

BPC

Bumbling Loons

Eat Static

GNOTR

Hallucinogen (x3)

MWNN (x5 or something?)

Total Eclipse

i only counted artists that played goa sets. no sets with fullon remixes or just 1 or 2 goa tracks stuck to the end.

these have all happened in the last few years, so i think this makes it clear that newschool is severely underrepresented at parties nowadays (except for filteria).

• 2 weeks later...

Hallucinogen

Doof

Juno Reactor

Prana

Shakta / Digitalis

Medicine Drum

Manmademan

Total Eclipse

Mammal

Slinky Wizard

X-Dream

Lunar Asylum

Eat Static

MWNN

Tribal Drift

Technossomy

Loads of DJs too, but you did say live...

Most of those were back in the 90s, either at Spacehopper in Birmingham or at Tribal Gathering or Big Love events.

We don't get much Nu / Neo Goa played out in the UK so I've not really seen any of the new breed of Goa artists. (But I'm looking forward to the Suntrip 10 Years Anniversary Party in Nottingham later this year!)

• Like 1

Just caught up with an old mate from the 90's on the weekend. He used to make really nice minimal techno & acid house. He pulled out a bunch of old DAT that are full of really nice old Goa/Psy he'd made back then but never played or released. He used to have an amazing studio with all the top Korg/Roland/Moog & early modular gear back in the day. Anyway, it as rely nice stuff to hear. I have him the web sites of DAT, Anjuna & Zion604 to check out but he said he doesn't think he'll ever put it out to the public now. He was obviously heavily influenced by Simon P & the early Dragonfly Records sounds.

Well, some epic replies here! Surprised at Basilisk but I guess ekto keeps u busy!

As of the last few weeks I can add Blackstarrfinale and Man with No Name to my previous list of zero! Woot!

BSF was amazing as I expected, and heard a couple sneaky new tracks I think. Really nice guy too, was an awesome time.

MWNN finished a large London party with an epic set, some parts a bit too almost "normal trance" like for me, but when he played goa stuff it was amazing. Teleport still annihilated a crowd haha.

Now to see Filteria in 3 weeks or so! :D

• Like 1

I think I would have to check my flyers at home but from the top of my head I remember the following:

GNOTR in London 2006 with a retroset

Hallucinogen also 2006

Space Cat (must have been around 2002)

Asia 2001 (also arround 2002)

Crossing Mind (two years ago, was amazing!)

Cosmosis (at the same party, he played newer stuff but was still ace)

Pleiadians/Etnica in 2010, but that was no retro set so I doubt it counts

Just caught up with an old mate from the 90's on the weekend. He used to make really nice minimal techno & acid house. He pulled out a bunch of old DAT that are full of really nice old Goa/Psy he'd made back then but never played or released. He used to have an amazing studio with all the top Korg/Roland/Moog & early modular gear back in the day. Anyway, it as rely nice stuff to hear. I have him the web sites of DAT, Anjuna & Zion604 to check out but he said he doesn't think he'll ever put it out to the public now. He was obviously heavily influenced by Simon P & the early Dragonfly Records sounds.

Hey mate, would really like to hear this. You never know just how good old stuff is out there nobody even heard of...

• 3 months later...

time for an update :)

Arronax

Artifact303

CoaGoa

E-Mantra

Filteria (x3)

Goasia

Imba

Morphic Resonance

Nova Fractal

Onmivox

Space Elves

Astral Projection

BPC

Bumbling Loons

Dimension 5

Eat Static

GNOTR

Hallucinogen (x3)

MWNN (x5 or something?)

Total Eclipse

• 1 year later...

updating again:

Arronax

Artifact303

BlackStarrFinale

CoaGoa

Cosmic Dimension

E-Mantra

Ephedra

Filteria (x3)

Goasia

Imba

Morphic Resonance (x2)

Nova Fractal

Onmivox

Radical Distortion

Shivax

Siam

Space Elves (x2)

Astral Projection

BPC

Bumbling Loons

Dimension 5

Eat Static

Electric Universe
Etnica/Pleiadians

GNOTR

Hallucinogen (x3)

MFG

MWNN (x6 or something?)

Power Source

The Muses Rapt

Total Eclipse (x2)

Mh, good question. I was "back in the days" at severall parties and/or festivals. However mostly we wouldnt even care if someone played live there. Maybe if

it was a super known or beloved artist...for me it was like this, friends would call tell they drive to this and that party/festival if I wanna join. Or I would

call em and ask if somethings is on at the weekend. Never really cared about "live". Guess there must be a whole lot of artists we "saw" or better listened too.

There is not much to see in these live acts, right ?

If the music and people were cool, live artists did not matter much.

I only remember 3 names now: Boris Blenn (E.Universe, P.Connection), Tarsis, Element. All from Germany I guess. Tarsis was Soundgarden Dortmund, quite

good actually. Element was some strange festival in the middle of the woods - I liked the use of guitar to lay more what sounded like pads

than playing riffs or even rockish stuff. I hate rockish guitar in electronic...

For EBM/Indus or Metal concerts this was different, then it counted quite a lot what artists played. For EBM eg. now you wanted to avoid those

that "sat" on stage with a laptop, right ? But chose these that make some aggro or SG or horror show....luckily in the 90ties and up to middle of 2000 there

were still some of the better ebm/indus artists around. If I wanna write down all the metal/goth/ebm bands I saw the list would be too long :P

Sadly I catched some bands after their prime time, eg. Sisters Of Mercy.... he apparently wasnt very enthusiastic to play at all, judging from

his performance that day LOL Also his presence was ruined - NO long black hair and total black clothes anymore, but blonde short hair ? MH!

The looks wouldnt matter if the show would be good, but this was only a further nail in the coffin of his live playing. His legend was short,

but important... today, not so much anymore.

The most known bands I saw were probably Depeche Mode, but to a time when they were not THAT superstars... funny thing their support band was

booed away. Fans didnt like em. Was some female act, never heard of them before and after LOL. Very distracting were the girlies crying

at Depeche. Also the band seemed distant to the audience, much different to less known artists when you can actually often talk to the guys before

or after the concert. Or even better they arent even recognized as the artist that will play later or already played LOL I remember some semi known

ebm artists wlaking around the audience or attending their collegues shows.... no one seemed to recognize them or care about em :o