Your modular synth of choice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This lovely thing has caught the attention of my mind. I'm not sure what exactly about it is so alluring but I just love every aspect of it. Really want to get it now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So finally made a down payment on a custom 12u by 126hp rack in Goike style. Should be ready in early June as the actual bloke building it is away until then.

It'll mostly be a mix of Intellijel, Mutable Instruments & Sputnik modules with some Doepfer utility modules. Really want the big Sputnik sequence but might not have the space, could potentially get a separate case for it I guess.

Next year will get the same case built for a The Harvestman vs Make Noise system then settle in to purchasing some x0x style gear & I want the DSI Pro 2 and Sequential Circuits Prophet 6 as my only keyboard synths.

Have managed to try out both the MS-20 mini & Arp Odyssey reissues and found them to be poorly made & not the bet sound wise for the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks good man. *Drools*

I stopped spending on modules and switched to getting an Analogue Rytm and a Yocto Tr808 clone. In the process of putting the clone together; will post photos soon.

I'm probably going to start doing only DIY synth stuff. I want a box with modules i put together myself....

soon

• 1 month later...

I recently picked up a Doepfer R2M ribbon controller. It has been a lot of fun to mess with the different quantized and un-quantized modes and mapping cv2(pressure sensitivity)to different parameters. Bellow are two short videos exhibiting my live modular/drum machine setup.

https://www.facebook.com/julian.szuscik/videos/10207485356920944/?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/julian.szuscik/videos/10207488875928917/?pnref=story

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers that's good to hear, if anything I would like people to be inspired to do what they love.

I checked my first post...can't believe so much has happened in a bit over a year!

Here's a little video demo (sorry only a facebook clip) for the classic FM trance lead for the Psy Producers FB forum.

I am using the 5U modules but the same patching applies to any other modules/synths that allow for such a routing.

https://www.facebook.com/100009455712042/videos/1471976623127514/?pnref=story

• 4 weeks later...

I like Eurorack stuff, but expensiveee, after I quit my job, I didn´t get the chance to upgrade so much.

The new Reaktor stuff seems great, the standardised block interface thing makes a lot of sense. Also the Eurorack stuff takes looooots of space :P

• 4 months later...

I don't have a choice. My brother has given me a Christmas present of an entry-level system from Synthesizers.com. I get a new module every month. So far I only have the case, power supply, and power switch module. I'll have the whole thing by the end of this year.

• 8 months later...