Your modular synth of choice?

the most expensive part for me was getting a case, for what you got they all seemed a rip off. Luckily there's a local guy here who makes flatpacked ones. You just need to glue the together and screw in the rails. Total cost for a 9u 84hp was $120. Am considering a second one just in case.'how much fun would 18u be?

Ah now that's better. Pretty interesting stuff.

Oh ya (or anyone else), another interesting thing that you could do (just a suggestion) is have a video of showing the breakdown of maybe a part of one your tracks. Showing how certain sounds were made, effects, and etc. I love watching how other folks built up their tracks like how Mr. Fleming did that one series showing how he did the Oxygene remake with 00.db.

the most expensive part for me was getting a case, for what you got they all seemed a rip off. Luckily there's a local guy here who makes flatpacked ones. You just need to glue the together and screw in the rails. Total cost for a 9u 84hp was $120. Am considering a second one just in case.'how much fun would 18u be?

Lots! With the right assortment of modules one can do so much. If you get an osc or 2 + a filter + vca + adsr + a logic module like maths or something and you're good to go. Also maybe a midi to cv module cant hurt.

Thats a pretty cool idea desysko. I bet someone has done something similar but perhaps not for goa trance specifically.

nice sounds as usual martian arts. How are you liking the mysterion?

Oh I don't doubt that someone already has done it before but it would be interesting to see someone like Filteria or another artist who then goes through the process of how in the world they think of some of the the stuff they do.

• 2 weeks later...

So just paid a big deposit for a custom built case made from sustainable bamboo. It's a 15u x 104hp case. It's in a similar style of the Goike cases but will cost me about $700 less including a hinged case lid & power through a local company in my city http://masonmackstudios.com.au. www.equinoxoz.com will help me fill it up with my fav brands: Intellijel, Make Noise & The Harvestman with Martian Arts contact offering some great custom modules.

Lots! With the right assortment of modules one can do so much. If you get an osc or 2 + a filter + vca + adsr + a logic module like maths or something and you're good to go. Also maybe a midi to cv module cant hurt.

Thats a pretty cool idea desysko. I bet someone has done something similar but perhaps not for goa trance specifically.

nice sounds as usual martian arts. How are you liking the mysterion?

Love it, still doing the basics as that patch I posted, but sounds great, most organic digital oscillator I've heard.

EMS diode VCF (white module, bottom left, custom job again) and the 9U is complete.

image_zps2e71bd7b.jpg

the thing that I know I am getting for sure for the last 3U is a Rene...I reckon the rest of the 40something hp I am keeping for modules that are going to be coming in and leaving, until I find something that I stays....could be a DPO...who knows.

can I ask those already with their systems running do use Doepfer for your basic utility style modules? I just ask as their stuff seems to be qualify, reliable, user friendly and cheap.

I'd say so. They're sturdy and good for the basics.

Since this is a topic about modular stuff, what was your guy's first modular piece/gear that you got? I thought for a long time about getting a Pittsburgh to start but ended up not doing so. There's so much stuff out there that it can be mind boggling.

Hearing all these names means nothing to me, haha. But I'll eventually get to know what each one is eventually. But the polivoks (the originals not the modules) are pretty crazy.

The Harvestman Malgorithm 2012 and Rene are here

10534926_10152429165261603_4802041211908

Make Noise Rene driving ARP Dual VCOs, Ring Mod out > VCO 2 FM input, VCO 2 Saw out > ARP VCF cut off CVin. Wogglebug Chaos adds CV to VCF cut off, Wogglebug Smooth VCO out modulates Rene X input for glides.
The only sound source, is the ARP VCF in self oscillation

https://soundcloud.com/nectesting78/make-noise-rene-1st-go

Quick example of Malgorithm, sending in a simple sine wave to demonstrate harmonics generated

https://soundcloud.com/nectesting78/the-harvestman-malgorithm