"V/A - Lunar Dawn - Blessings From Irij Remixes"

Trance2MoveU

N6SRkyx.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Lunar Dawn - Blessings From Irij Remixes

Label: Neogoa

Date: December, 2013

01 - Blessings From Irij (Screw Loose Remix) (145 BPM)
02 - Blessings From Irij (Trinodia Remix) (138 BPM)
03 - Blessings From Irij (Sky Technology Remix) (148 BPM)
04 - Blessings From Irij (Imba Remix) (145 BPM)
05 - Blessings From Irij (Perfect Blind Remix) (120 BPM)
06 - Blessings From Irij (Decadent Sympozium Remix) (147 BPM)
07 - Blessings From Irij (GoaTree Remix) (138 BPM)
08 - Blessings From Irij (Original Mix) (136 BPM)

rDjSSQc.gif

I salute you sir.
I salute you for making an album of remixes the right way. No full-on clones, no paint by numbers sketches, no unimaginative drivel that makes me want to jump out of a f*cking window. The original track by the Lunar Dawn duo has its origins in Slavic folklore and we all know that means vampires because what the f*ck else could it mean?
Hold it...I'm getting word that it actually means paradise. Surely they mean a vampire paradise where they walk freely in daylight with harems of busty virgins.
*Sigh* If only...
Neogoa has become a fixture on the goa trance scene much like Suntrip where you expect the highest quality. The all digital label does it for free and has earned its bones. So what you get is the original track and a bunch of remixes some some of the best and brightest in the genre. A shocker I know. Seems like they incorporated parts of the original and then went on to make it their own. You know...like the f*cking definition of a remix?
Know how I know this works? It's not because I'm a damn genius although the evidence speaks for itself.
It's because I don't think the original is that special. No offense.
It's not bad, just a personal preference. But each remix takes the original and moves it along a different path. Especially Imba's. I don't know what he was remixing, but it sounded like something else entirely. And over 11 minutes? I had to take a piss break halfway through. Trinodia gets all dancey and rhythmic while Perfect Blind serves up a downtempo space trip. Silly Perfect Blind...there are no such things as space vampires.
Gs9oOus.jpg
What the f*ck is that? What's with the unibrow?
It's a good track even if it sounded like a slowed up version of the original. The ones I didn't care for were the Decadent Sympozium and the Goatree remix. The former was too euphoric although I appreciated the way they worked in the original during the break. The latter was a little too...too...what's the word.

jWtYmcm.gif

Maybe that's a little too critical, but you get the idea. Then again the original was medieval sounding also. Still, it's a remix album that is done right and if you liked the original or even if you didn't, these fresh goa takes will make you smile.
Mdk
  • Like 1

Well, let me disagree on the GoaTree remix. You should have seen the dancefloor when I played that on friday night. People went bananas :D

GoaTree and Sky Technology perfectly brought the vibe of the original in the terms of the theme and the motifs, but also succeded to have great input of energy and power. All of the remixes got special place in my heart and we wanted to have thoose artists on this remix release, because the idea was to present the diversity within goa trance through the single track. Well done all and thanks for review Mike!

Just listening to this and all I can say that my favourites are GoaTree, Imba, and (in all its over-the-topness that borders on hard trance?) Decadent Sympozium :)

The rest are either "OK" or "meh". What I find a bit odd is the Trinodia remix that didn't really click with me. Usually I like his stuff.

many thanks to all involved in this big project, and many thanks to Richpa for collecting us all in this small union via V/A.

Also, many many thanks to MDK for his great as always kind of funny but yet serious review ;)

And many, many, many thanks to all that listen to our music!

Greets by LD duo!