"CRONOMI REC." - updates

1 hour ago, antic604 said:

What happened to that beautiful artwork?

Why is there a cup of coffee there????

Why does it sound like it was recorded in mid '90 with all those cheap presets and squeaky high-pitched sounds? It sounds NOTHING like the videos he's been posting on his YT, where it seemed much more contemporary and modern.

And there's "voice work..." again??? I'll pass on this one... 

:(

Yeah agreed this is a major "pass" for me as well. That cover with the coffee cup... looks so cheap & nasty. 

3 hours ago, antic604 said:

What happened to that beautiful artwork?

Why is there a cup of coffee there????

Why does it sound like it was recorded in mid '90 with all those cheap presets and squeaky high-pitched sounds? It sounds NOTHING like the videos he's been posting on his YT, where it seemed much more contemporary and modern.

And there's "voice work..." again??? I'll pass on this one... 

:(

Thanks for your feedback Antic!

Pity you don't like it right off the bat. Then again it's not an ordinary goa album but a complete live concept where every track was recorded in 1 take, there's even more detail in the description as Mario added his thoughts on the entire process.

I really recommend to keep listening though as there's a lot to be discovered in here! Good music just keeps on getting better ;)

• Like 2

Ha' I liked the cup. Yellow, bee'aced as I feel about it now (: But for me off the bat listening to it on it's RLSD day, it isn't getting my money. Not my cup (pun). I got his studio album on CD and it still keeps me happy til this day playing it from time to time. Makes me wonder how a new LP by M-Run would sound. Respect. 

Interesting and much welcomed concept in pretty much stale Goa trance scene. Mario is known as someone who gives a lot of attention to all tiny details, especially in his live output. It's interesting to see his live jams being available in this format for sure. It's also a fitting release to Cronomi style and vibe, even tho many folks expected the full lenght album instead of improvisation records, so it would be great to see more defined and nonconfusing marketing approach in the future guys. Music is detailed, innovative, different and it deserves it.

Best of luck to all involved, I will get the CD when this shitty Corona situation ends. :wub:

P.S. - (P)Sara is rocking with the graphics, girl got the style ;)

• Like 2

I think this is a banging release. This style is pretty much what Cronomi is all about, I don't know why any one here is shocked that they got an Avant Garde release from the Cro-Crew.

Also what is the difference from a live recorded album and this one? All the songs have a start middle and end, were written and created just the same. 

IDK, seems like a legit release to Tsotsi.

• Thanks 1

I understand the concept, I like the art, I just don't really know if I like it musically that much. Right off the bat Technosonic and Oxigenated Seal are nice tracks somewhat akin to Technossomy but the rest flail around and can get cheesy. I don't know. Needs time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 12:18 PM, Dolmot said:

It's right there in the description. Young people don't read any more, I guess. :mellow:

The truth is (always) out there :P

Well, it were his many fans who started a discussion online about that cup of coffee; so it organicly became a part of the concept - THX for your deep reading :wub:

On 3/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, antic604 said:

Yeah, I'll just probably get it anyway. Gotta support my favourite labels & artists in those weird times :(

Well, that remains our goal: Cronomi ALWAYS puts out something different every time: that is our trade mark, and  it will stay like that.  #avantgarde :lol:

On 3/28/2020 at 7:42 PM, Richpa said:

Interesting and much welcomed concept in pretty much stale Goa trance scene. Mario is known as someone who gives a lot of attention to all tiny details, especially in his live output. It's interesting to see his live jams being available in this format for sure. It's also a fitting release to Cronomi style and vibe, even tho many folks expected the full lenght album instead of improvisation records, so it would be great to see more defined and nonconfusing marketing approach in the future guys. Music is detailed, innovative, different and it deserves it.

Best of luck to all involved, I will get the CD when this shitty Corona situation ends. :wub:

P.S. - (P)Sara is rocking with the graphics, girl got the style ;)

Mario worked on this concept for many years. You can see that on the back cover where every track has - besides its key and bpm - the year of production. So you can indeed notice this concept and its details are VERY well considered and polished over the course of a long time.

The point is as a listener to give it the same time to hear and appreciate everything inside of it - yes, indeed, this is NOT AN EASY RELEASE ;)

NoteYou are right, but this is the first release we went from a one man, to a two man operation and had finally the chance to make a better promotion campaign. So we had a promotion planned schedule, BUT corona made stuff not easy to promote it properly: we had an "appointment" with 'Murphy's law (haha!) -_-

-Sara (our designer) was stuck in Panama

-I was ill for 2,5 weeks

-I'm a teacher, and schools were closed here, so I had other things to manage (no offence btw).

-Due to closing borders we had to find a solution to make the release digital (and that was a first time for us, so Wim needed some time to figure it out).
Conclusion: our focus went a bit from promoting to managing the changes :blink:

On 3/31/2020 at 9:46 AM, Penzoline said:

I understand the concept, I like the art, I just don't really know if I like it musically that much. Right off the bat Technosonic and Oxigenated Seal are nice tracks somewhat akin to Technossomy but the rest flail around and can get cheesy. I don't know. Needs time.

You said it: NEEDS TIME :+1:

Note: took me 3 years to grasp 'KoxBox- Dragon Tales' - hahaha! :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear fans,

First off all thanks for the many orders!!! :wub:B)

:+1: Yes, yes!!! Some extra good news in these grimm days - we are able to send out all pre orders to the following countries:
Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech rep., Slovakia, Estonia, Finland, Holland, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Switzerland, Turkey, Hungary, Germany, France, Canada, Israel, Italy, and Ukraine.

Expect 'M-Run' in your mail soon  :lol:
Didn't you order yet, that still can @ M-RUN live album

Any chance to see a live set from Artha released as a live album? I'm thinking in particular about his livetset at Aquatica. Which is very memorable. With some proper mastering that could really be something special, a really powerful acidic journey.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:04 PM, AstralSphinx said:

Any chance to see a live set from Artha released as a live album? I'm thinking in particular about his livetset at Aquatica. Which is very memorable. With some proper mastering that could really be something special, a really powerful acidic journey.

Good question, because indeed, the live sets are epic!!! :wub: :+1:B)

On a further note: UK & Portugal are now opened - expect your packagaes soon :excl:

On 4/29/2020 at 10:37 AM, HappyHorse said:

Just got word. we'll be able to ship now too: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Norway, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Brasil, Mexico, USA, Russia.

Expect your package as soon as it can :)

Awesome! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, HappyHorse said:

Want to have fun, well, that can!!! :D

Tonight @ 22h 'UX' [ Kris Kylven] will go live and play :excl:

It will be a prequel on the UX album we will release :wub:

Check the live set @ LIVE SET UX - old skool

A new UX album that sounds interesting. :) It also reminds me that it was a long time since I listened to UX debut album, I need to revisit it. One of the best dark goa albums for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, HappyHorse said:

:excl: BIG news

Yesterday night we signed ' Syb Unity Nettwerk' for an album release :D :+1:

:p Imagine that, what a suprise - it will contain selected works from '95-'96 :wub:

Not sure what to expect? :ph34r:
Listen @

Wow great news! :D Best wishes and very curious to hear the final result with mastering.