Which album is the closest to Hallucinogen sound?

Ormion

Closest Hallucinogen sound  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Space Cat-Beam Me Up
    • M.E.E.O.-Highlight Me Please
    • Artha-Influencing Dreams
    • 2Minds-Wave Shell
    • Other

Simon's music is pretty characteristic and a lot of artists have been influenced (or tried to copy) his sound. Here is a selection of some albums that IMO are the closest to Hallucinogen sound. Do you think any of those are close enough? Some other album I'm not aware maybe?

What I think:

Beam Me Up: The first two tracks is the closest I've ever heard to Simon's music. They could easily fooled me, almost a copycat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S2o6Ys8gw4

Highlight Me Please: Very strong Simon influences IMO. Some tracks are like Hallucinogen with much more modern sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6IYLSbTQQ&list=UUUKE7uVgZ87bIHRVLkQ2PWA

Influencing Dreams: Unique style with many Hallucinogen characteristics. Bali and Tranfusion for example sound really Hallucinogen-ish IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAYrnz_A-g

Wave Shell: New album with many Hallucinogen and IM influences. Very close to Simon IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee5aeVDESUc

You can see my discogs review on the Space cat album, I always said that it sounds Hallucinogen all through, except last track, which (alas) sounds like Astral Projection.

Have you heard this album radi? If not you better do.

except last track, which (alas) sounds like Astral Projection.

Sounds like? It's a copy of Dancing Galaxy. :D

Album should be named Copy Cat-Beam Me Up :P

I still like it though, especially Kreak and Space Cats. Awesome tracks.

You can see my discogs review on the Space cat album, I always said that it sounds Hallucinogen all through, except last track, which (alas) sounds like Astral Projection.

Unfortunately not. i will make sure I listen to it soon, also the Artha stuff. I am looking forword towards it A LOT, because II have been searching for something similar to hallucinogen for years.

i am pretty sure Posford worked with Space Cat on that album, on "Invasion"

i was going to say artha, but then i listened space cat. are you sure this isn't a collab? it sounds more like hallucinogen than some of simon's tracks.

Invasion is indeed a collab with Simon. But the track I posted is Avi & Dado. No Simon at all.

Hallucinogen has definetly collaborated with Space Cat on some tracks, so it's not surprising they contain his hallmarks. Apart from Space Cat I have been most surprised by Artha's similarity, but I wouldn't call it copying, it's just clearly influenced.

Hallucinogen has definetly collaborated with Space Cat on some tracks, so it's not surprising they contain his hallmarks. Apart from Space Cat I have been most surprised by Artha's similarity, but I wouldn't call it copying, it's just clearly influenced.

Only in the first track. Surprisingly the track I posted is sound even more Hallucinogen-ish even if Simon didn't take part. I guess he influenced Avi so much he decided to write more tracks in this style.

On a side note, according to a long discussion on the release history (discogs) Simon DID NOT collaborate on The Great Spirit even though:

-it's tagged 'Hallucinogenic Mix'

-Simon happens to have contributed another track on the same album

-has a totally hallucinogen sound

-if that was not enough it was even listed in his (Hallucinogen's) discography on his old website

Do you know that track, radi?

I know it and I don`t think it is that great. There are other tracks by Space Tribe and hallucinogen which are impressive in sound. For example in the hands of the Shaman, this is such a unique track, that I wish many tracks like that that would exist. Also the Voodoo Remix of it is impressve and it would be great if more tracks like that would exist. Geomatrix and Machine Elf are also incredible tracks with Simon Posford.

On a side note, according to a long discussion on the release history (discogs) Simon DID NOT collaborate on The Great Spirit even though:

-if that was not enough it was even listed in his (Hallucinogen's) discography on his old website

I don't think it sounds like Hallucinogen at all...

And btw, according to the same logic, Sonic Mandala (Crop Circle Mix) could be a remix by Crop Circles :P

I don't think it sounds like Hallucinogen at all...

And btw, according to the same logic, Sonic Mandala (Crop Circle Mix) could be a remix by Crop Circles :P

Yea what I thought too, Hallucinogenic is just a word http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hallucinogenic the track is great by the way, that album is by far the best of Space tribe, more mature than his other stuff, and psychedelic as hell!

And regarding that 2Minds album, it doesn't make it "sound like Hallucinogen" if you rip off one of the basslines from Demention in one track (and use it as a melody on another), grab a few ideas from Jiggle Of The Sphinx, Younger Brother's I Am A Freak, and whatever else I can't remember right now since I've only listened to the album once with not much attention.

Yeah, The Great Spirit (original) remains unreleased. I heard from a DJ who travelled goa, that it was traded without Olli's permission and played everywhere, so he didn't want to officially release the original.

This is really a good thread and makes me regret, that the real master doesn´t try to produce a third album. I am sure he can get enough influence to produce it and whatever he would release, innovative stuff or tracks just liek on Twisted, people would love them. But I am glad people told me about the Space Cat album. I should check out for more stuff from Space Cat and Will also check out Artha.

Paul_Eye and Manuser: sounds or not like Hallucinogen, how it appeared on his website is still without explanation.

Well on the CD, Posford is only credited on In The Hands Of The Shaman. Would be a bit odd to credit him on one track but not the other.

But yes, we all know that credits on goa/psy albums are sometimes completely off...

• 3 weeks later...