Does anyone else like Roxette?

Ormion

I had "Joyride" on cassette when it came out, err...23 years ago :)

Can't say I'd remember which was my favourite track from that album. But my favourite was this, nice video too:

(not that it was in any way "cool" to admit to liking this when you were 13)

The Swedes sure knew their shit :)

When ti comes to Pop music, Roxette is one of the best artists who ever lived. Her sounds are complex, fulf of emotions and contain beautiful melodies. The climaxes are also impressive, as are the melodies. The melodies are like an emotional rollercoaster, going up and down. Sleeping in my car is impressive, as is listen to your heart or It must have been love. Aktually most tracks of Roxette are perfect, only a few are not to my taste, where she uses a lower voice for singing. But otherwise Roxette is beautiful.

It's funny: there's lots of pop songs I've heard lots of times, but most of them I don't know the name of the artists. Apparently that's the case here too. When I saw the thread I thought "who the fuck is Roxette?" But I've heard 2 of the songs above, and right now I'm listening to another, "It Must Have Been Love". Shit yeah, I've heard these! Probably once a week on the radio when I was 14! Of course, back then I couldn't admit I liked it. ;)