Is a new Pleiadians GOA album possible?

Jon Cocco

I was listening to the 2012's #1 uptempo winner, Etnica: Live In Athens 1996 (I couldn't agree more), and reading the reviews that mention Carlo and Maurizio. In the group, there were: Andrea Rizzo, Carlo Paternò, Maurizio Begotti, Max Lanfranconi.

Can someone please reach out to these guys and put the idea out there for them to make a new GOA album?, whoever was most responsible for I.F.O. ?

As opposed to the 2006's 7even Sister7 -- that album used Pleiadian's name to make money off a full on release. 7even Sister7 offered nothing innovative or new, and borrowed heavily off the previous album/song associations to lure older fans into buying it. For example, the album is called 7even Sister7 and has song titles such as Vimana 2 and Starbase 11. Still for a full on album, I liked it to some degree, especially the less I focused on the fact that old-school Pleiadians had anything to do with it.

Pleiadians: 7even Sister7 - 2006 Review Thread

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/43760-pleiadians-7even-sister7/

Etnica: Live In Athens 1996 - 2012 Review Thread

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/65428-etnica-live-in-athens-1996/

I realize it's been 15-20 years since I.F.O., and so what? These guys are aware of how many fans they have. They have a wonderful gift, a beautiful talent and passion. They elevated an entire genre [under THREE artist names] and produced some of the finest songs in electronic music. It's almost criminal to see such talent be ignored. They could be making a new masterpiece album once every 5 years (around the less innovative ones that the current Etnica duo do) and have DAT Records release it.

Psy/Goa-Trance has been alive and healthy for over ten years. I'd love to hear a new masterpiece from whoever or however many of the original four were responsible for I.F.O. The possibilites are limiteless. They could potentially re-revolutionize electronic music all over again (who has ever done that?!) and raise the bar on I.F.O. since it's been 15 years. 15 years of reflection, self-growth, knowledge, awareness. I feel like money may have been an issue back then considering GOA wasn't as mainstream popular via sales. So they (or some of them) found other, more financially stable careers (a guess), or produced less imaginative and complex music for the masses, general dance scene. BTW I'm not saying to relive the past. I'm just exercising the idea of a real Goatrance album for our time now, that is, if the heart is there. If not, forget it. Listening to Etnica: Live In Athens 1996 inspired these thoughts. That's all.

Their main discogs page:

were http://www.discogs.com/Pleiadians-IFO-Identified-Flying-Object/release/143500

And for the record (regardless of whether we never hear IFO level goa from them again or not), Etnica: Live In Athens 1996 that Dreake A.K.A. Dat Records released in 2012 is an amazing A album. Holy shit what a classic. It's full of previously unreleased diamonds and gems (from 96-98) that I never heard before its release in 2012.

• Like 1

There is no reason they couldn't.. Would be interesting to hear for sure.

Just imagine how much they have learnt in that 15 year gap, on top of what they already knew, musically and production wise! I can't even fathom it heh.

Whether they still have the passion in them for it, is another thing though. I feel like what makes IFO and their earlier stuff special is the detail and pure effort and love they put into their work. They loved what they were doing at the time.

Would they still have that love for the goa sound now? I can never find any interviews with them about it, if anyone knows any I'd love to read em.

Sphongled247 makes a good point that though it would be nice for them and other famous artists (ahem Prosford...) to come and make a goa album, if their heart isn't in it I feel that it would be as good as it could be.

Maurizio used to be skilled and is still to some extent I hear, but without Carlo and Andrea, the Etnica/Pleiadians projects will never be the same again. For example, Carlo took a BIG part into the making of IFO.

Since 1999 - for the past 15 years mind you- you cannot expect a Goa album from Etnica/Pleiadians. Forget it. Game over.

There's still relief in the fact Aurizio accepts to do oldschool performances once in a while, that's all you'll be able to get in 2014.

As opposed to the 2006 7even Sister7 -- that album used Pleiadian's name to make money off a full on release. 7even Sister7 offered nothing innovative or new, and borrowed heavily off the previous album/song associations to lure older fans into buying it.

They offered, and that's got nothing to do with hard-core goa fanboys. Seven Sisters is a well produced full-on album with it's highs and lows, but it's not something for people who get used to retro Pleiadians sound and feeling. Even with their main project - Etnica, they decided to explore different moods and I haven't seen that much complaints about that, even that shift was present on Equator album 5-6 years before/earlier.

Making money by a release? Not sure, they are legends and legends don't need countless releases to get money, they do gigs and they are doing it big time, just like AP or Si.

Honestly I don't have any problems with the fact that they want to explore the other side of psychedelic music, probably because they made the complete Goa genre back than kinda special and for sure they got different goals and musical influences now and people (especially fans) should appriciate that, just like they're appriciating their earlier works. Afterall, I would rather enjoy to see a blossom of a new wonderful musicians nowdays who dare to tickle that same retro sound such as Filteria and others, than to live 5-10-20 years in hope to see something recycled by someone who succeded to make it so special 15/20 years ago, event that it sounds great now.

Dat already did amazing job, bringing some unreleased material and doing a complete re-master of some old tracks. Let's appriciate that instead of wishful thinking, and be greatful that we're living in the age where afterall we can enjoy in old and new Goa trance.

Well... i know for a fact that it will never happen (most for personal reasons from departed members)

Carlo studied a bit music but was self tought and IFO was written mostly by him in one month
Andrea was studying classical piano...
...will never happen, lucky for us we have the timeless music to listen to :wub:

Do you know what happens when artists make their music according to what other people what, instead of what they themselves want? People call them sellouts.

I'd much rather hear goa made by people who want to make goa, than by people who STOPPED wanting to make goa 15 years ago.

even that shift was present on Equator album 5-6 years before/earlier.

Equator was supposed to be the Sonic Safari album, yet another side-project of the 4 italians (check the lineup of SA2000).

The Fluorophilipa album not being releasd, that seemed to be some kind of fallback to release it under the Etnica name.

Man, where do you guys get all of this information? I've only listened to Goa/Psy for 1-2 years now but man you guys seem to know lots of information that isn't just out there.

Florophilia album, yes... Also the track 'Nice Toy' was going to be there aswell.

the track 'Astral Way' was also supposed to be released on the 'Full Moon Fever' album...released in October 1995 on Blue Room Released, but never was... :(

Man, where do you guys get all of this information? I've only listened to Goa/Psy for 1-2 years now but man you guys seem to know lots of information that isn't just out there.

i guess that just comes with 20 + years of pure passion.. you start to dig deeper after a while!

Do you know what happens when artists make their music according to what other people what, instead of what they themselves want? People call them sellouts.

I'd much rather hear goa made by people who want to make goa, than by people who STOPPED wanting to make goa 15 years ago.

+1

i didn't mind the arkanoydz project

must be time to dig out that ifo live, to wet the taste buds of this topic!

I agree with that. When you do something because others want it and not you it rarely ends up good.

i guess that just comes with 20 + years of pure passion.. you start to dig deeper after a while!

Exactly. 18+ years into Psytrance, and counting.

• 5 years later...

Thought i would bump this instead of a new thread! 

So i read here https://zwook.ru/url/2g?fbclid=IwAR1KDey0bjhksEkNtJYAtgclFjttvVY_OfiVunFLkm7v4FQQSTi

in the Summer Evolve magazine just now in an interview with Etnica that the new Pleiadians album Pyramid releases next month! What the hell, i had no idea or else forgot about that totally!

Anyone excited or heard previews etc??

Going to see them for my first time at Ozora in a few days and im pretty pumped!

it's not been talked about because we don't want it jinxed or hyped or anything.... as we know what can come from that
personally  i have no expectations, hence will never be dissapointed, but we all know the power of hope, will be what will be i guess

• 2 months later...