Label: Neogoa

Date: January, 2014

01. Telekinesis
02. Epsilon Aurigae
03. Chromatic World
04. Psychoactive Landscape
05. Outro

fNVgMjZ.gif

"Hold on bro...I'm just...I can't even begin to get my mind around...Lemme get this straight. You want me to...read the script. Actually read it? Am I on Punk'd? Ashton! Ashton you sonofab*tch, get out here!"

*make mind blown hands around head*

Obviously he has yet to take my advice, but the look on his face well, let's just say it was similar to the one he had when I caught him trying to understand the speaker phone. Dim witted Ryan aside, big thanks to Ivan for delivering this treat. This is like finding a Picasso for 5 bucks at a yard sale. Christian Fernandez is from Spain and with his cover that looks like Pinhead went disco he just put that country on the goa map with a hard hitting acidic bomb. Mixing the old school and new school styles the melodies are hypnotic and swirling. Hell the first track just kept evolving, I thought it would never end.

But in a good way.

The acidic bad assery is at a premium with melodies from the Pleiadians playbook. Screeching and thick Epsilon Aurigae is a wet dream Astral wishes they could do. Just relentless. Chromatic World continues the serial unwinding of melodies with a lush and dark atmosphere. I haven't wanted to fornicate with music since M-Run, but...

TVPrMGd.gif

call me, maybe we can work something out.

If he puts out an album of tunes like this he will rocket to the top of the goa pyramid. It growls, it screams, and it's a powerful door smasher. Not to mention the teaser of a downtempo track at the end. Futuristic and dark it speaks of evil lurking around the corner.

This fool just put E-Mantra, Crossing Mind, and Filteria on notice.

Free at Ektoplazm!

Mdk

• Like 1

If he puts out an album of tunes like this he will rocket to the top of the goa pyramid.

Don't worry about that, we already got some ideas for the full lenght album, aswell as his appereance on our next projects scheduled for the 2nd half of 2014 and early 2015! Thanks for the review Mike!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, what can I say... It is storming Goa Trance, influenced by Etnica/Pleiadians in a very good way. Can't wait for a full release! And indeed E-mantra, Crossing Mind, Filteria & Ra have a new competitor for producing the best modern Goa Trance!

Edit: Forgot Filteria

Track 4 is fantastic. Those pleiadians sounds at the start just pure <3 If this guy keeps improving even further we could have a great darker goa album on our hands.

By the way Chromatic World latter part has melodies that sound just like an Etnica track but I can't put my finger on which one..

This is a solid EP with some great/excellent work. The Full On GOA approach is good. The tracks are generally intense, well orchestrated, dark and driving. I like it.

I don't find this album better than main albums by Pleiadians/Etnica/FIlteria though. Or certain tracks on free releases like Psylent Buddhi (1997-2003). But there's a lot of potential here. For sure this will kick some asses. The artist is on the right track. More exploratory elements, atmosphere, climaxes, and unpredictable twists and turns wouldn't hurt.. Think Tando's Multimoods album. since that was dark, powerful, and almost full of super songs... now take that to the next level without ripping off the style/sound of that album). There's a lot of imaginative work here. The general style and sound is edgy. (intense, visceral, more or less kinetic) Some of the sound usage is excellent, quite infectious and reminds me old school Goa with today's productions.

Suntrip? Maybe it's time for a Temple of Chaos 2 with an entire new dark Goa approach that makes things edgier, more infectious in that regard than ever before? This artist could be a potential candidate for a track on a compilation. Just an idea.

Morphic Resonance's tracks sound more repetitive than they are due to the higher in volume (quite emphasized in that regard) beat and bass line which rarely changes up. I'm all for a good beat and bass line, but does it have to be so in-my-face when you have such solid GOA work? Change it up more! Impress us. Awe us. Make it dynamic. Blow us out of the water on EVERY track. Regarding beat and bass line production, I prefer Suntrip, Timewarp, and UAF/Neogoa (among other) labels. I'm not saying that everyone will agree with me. But this Full On production approach (to me) can get fairly exhausting at times. Simply put, those labels have found a friendly balance for the beat and bass line volume/mastering in relation to melody/sound production in Goa. I prefer the beat and bass line in those in that regard. For dance floors, this will blow them away. Find a happy medium (balance).

I love how the album starts out, for the first few minutes -- but its "sound" on the first track begins to wear on me after a while. There's not enough innovation, changes, variety in sound, new terrain, etc.

That said, the melody/sound work on EVERY track is well done. All tracks stand out on varying degrees. Psychoactive Landscape (uptempo wise) I enjoy the most. More innovation in that track would have been nice though, as the parts I like most remind me of Crop Circle's Pentagon track.

I especially like Outro. At 2:58 though it's so short! Outro is sleek and doesn't lose me for a second. I love the development so far... (as if the song could have continued), the sound usage and tempo, but it feels like a sample, a third of a track. Where's the satisfying whole? Can the artist produce a longer down/-mid-tempo version that's just as strong, around 7-9 minutes in duration to close the album? No need to make it overly long, but spectacular for every minute since he nailed the first three would be awesome. Outro is great while it lasts. It just ends too soon. Please make it longer and just as tight.

Please consider such criticism and feedback as my opinion and ways to further improve your work. If I didn't see a ton of potential, I wouldn't lay down the criticisms among one of the stronger / strongest releases in a while.

Rough rating estimate (from me):

01. Telekinesis B+
02. Epsilon Aurigae B+ / A-
03. Chromatic World B+
04. Psychoactive Landscape A-
05. Outro A-

After the release of Chromatic World for FREE DOWNLOAD at Neogoa, MORPHIC RESONANCE will play live in Portugal, Croatia and Spain during the upcoming months! Thank you all for your reviews, downloads, shares, and especially to Luis from BLACKSTARRFINALE who actually gave me a hint for this dude!

Many thanks for your opinion and support guys :)

I will take note of this opinions, my next works will be strongly influenced by Etnica/pleiadians/crop circles, I see people like this vibe and me the first.

stay tuned about my new projects on my soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/morphic-resonance-goa

a Facebook Fan page will be available soon!

GOA4EVER!!! ॐ

• Like 1

Man, I keep returning to this. It's really good and I'm not even sick of it even though I've listened to it so much. I love Epsilon Aurigae, especially when that acid lead comes in, so awesome especially on loud speakers. It really gets me energetic.

• 11 months later...

I will take note of this opinions, my next works will be strongly influenced by Etnica/pleiadians/crop circles, I see people like this vibe and me the first.

GOA4EVER!!! ॐ

YES!! This is wonderful :) such a treat.

Awesome EP, finally an artist that I can safely say to sound like Pleiadians in their hey-days.

+100

Chronatic World title track is like a remix of their tracks. :)

Can't point out which! What a shame & I call myself a fan of Etnica/Pleadians :( -- edit : now I've made a playlist of Morphic resonance with Etnica/Pleaidians for myself :D

• 3 weeks later...

This EP is dripping thick with raw acid melodies! But after listening to him play his new stuff live last month... my expectations for his upcoming releases are even higher, especially the aggressive Pleiadians remixes :)

I'm happy there is a fresh new artist in the scene to watch out for :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Seriously. That remaster made a world of difference. All the layers have impact now, the remastered EP is better than the main album because of this reason alone! This music requires the layers to breathe and have the mix right, otherwise it becomes a wall of sound with no punch. For example the kicks are way more hollow and flat compared to the remasters punchy sound and it's just generally much deeper sounding. This EP just got shitloads better.

I couldn't agree more with you.

His live in Zagreb two days ago prooved the fact that new Chromatic World reissue got really outstanding sound and quality, he played one track from it and it was really absolute pleasure to experience it live. I'm really happy we did this in the end and I hope there will be proper review for the reissue sometime soon.

• 3 months later...